Back in this game

• And it's great!

I spent way to much time trying to learn to like that "other incarnation" of Guild Wars. Sure updated gfx and ability to move/dodge and cast on the move is great... But boiling everything down: It lacked the soul, spirit and general pulse that was omnipresent in GW.

Sure, a lot have changed and the pop is way down (I can still remember a constant 30-60 ppl in Piken Sqaure, at least 2 persons selling Altheas ashes). But the game still has active players... AND we can build our own teams with the tools (heroes/hench) the game provides if we can't find online players.

After seeing a video of Peter Kadar on YT I logged in, took a deep breath and deleted that lvl. 14 derv I never really got in to. Started all over and man... For anyone that can look past the DX9 era graphics, not meeting other players outside of towns and the inability to jump: This game is still unmatched and I still have a few side quests undone.

If I get bored again: Time to look at those 3 10+ year characters I still have in pre :)

A BIG Thanks to the creators of this site for keeping the spirit alive and kindling the interest!

• Hi Hal,

I agree that 2 never fulfilled it's promise and lacked that indefinable somethign that made the orginal GW so great.

I recently started through again with a new char, I dont get so much time for it thses days but its still teh best game I ever played (except maybe Portal).

Malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right.

@AeroTrewent