Planned maintenance on 21/01/2018

• Hello everybody,

This is a heads-up that Guild Wars Legacy will be down on the 21st of January 2018 for a duration of up to 12 hours.

The maintenance period is defined as:
    21 January 2018 - 12:00 CET - 24:00 CET (CET = GMT+1)

This downtime is caused by a major maintenance which requires that we temporairly close down Guild Wars Legacy - the entire website will be down during this time.

During the downtime, a webpage will be displayed which shows the progress of our maintenance, but you'll also be able to stay up-to-date on our Facebook page.

Why this long maintenance?
    Well, that would be telling... But in all seriousness, this is a major overhaul of almost all parts of Guild Wars Legacy, which not only requires work on the hardware and server side but also some software and configuration changes. This is what causes the long duration of downtime.

Why is the website inaccessible?
    We're also going to perform changes in our database and performing these changes on a live board could, at worst case, lead to a corrupt database.. and we want to avoid this.

But what do I have to do in this downtime?
    It's a great time to go outside or play some Guild Wars. You know you want to.

12 hours divided by 4 gives 3... Half-Life 3 confirmed.
    Well, that would REALLY be telling.

Feel free to ask all the questions you have here.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

Edited once, last by Iaerah (January 5, 2018 at 4:58 PM).