Crystalline swords, what makes them wanted

• Official Post

Funny that this q13 +5e is most likely from Teal Dawnm the same sword he sold for rl money,

It's also funny that his collection screen including this sword got removed from the beloved collection topic.

Good job at breaking EULA by purchasing in game stuff with rl money.

:)

wrong on every single count. This r13 +5e came from Cracky and was paid for with armbraces earned through trading. Search up the guru archive to see his sell thread.

Jealousy causes people to make false claims when their own achievements pale into insignificance compared to the achievements they’re whinging about.

For the record, there are two r13+5e crystallines known to exist, both with identical gold values. There’s another thread in the guru archives about precisely that. You’d probably look a little less ignorant if you’d done some research and asked around before making false statements.

• Wow, that's some nasty s***

Clearly not a [PhD]-caliber mind at work here.

FWIW I will vouch for Max as one of the most honorable, dedicated GW players I have ever met and am proud to count him as a friend and guildmate. The game and this site are immeasurably better because of him.

I will also say that I was present when Kromp traded multiple high-quality items for the similar cyst that currently resides on his account so that no silly accusations are directed there.

In the words of my tough-as-nails nephew, Sight Seeing , "make better choices".

Kabong

• The idea that Kromp (or Kabong) would have to use real life money to buy items is beyond hilarious to me :D:D:D

I guess some people love to talk out their ass or just don’t actually understand what being a collector is.

As an FYI, just cause new rich shady motherfucks sell or buy stuff with irl cash doesn’t mean others do.

• Official Post

Lol, well Kromp got it from Glazen who has admitted to use RL cash to purchase things. So perhaps one r13 +5e crysta was paid for with RL cash to Teal Dawn, but not by Max, nor Kromp. I was at the sidelines at both trades and I heard from all parties what was paid and traded for it. Take my word for it or get off this website.

Claiming something like this without any research and trying to tarnish someones reputation is not only childish, but also very ignorant and stupid, thinking we wouldn't know all the facts much better than someone like you.

edit:

It's also funny that his collection screen including this sword got removed from the beloved collection topic.

The sheer lack of research is astounding:

Doesn't look removed to me.

• Official Post

Lol glazen didnt bought it for rl cash. Every1 know that sword is from dwa(who bought it from cracky)

totally wrong. Mine came from Cracky. I know this because I personally traded hundreds of hard earned armbraces for it to “Cracky Iol”, Cracky’s IGN. Kromp traded a bunch of amazingly rare items for his to Glazen, who previously paid dollars for it.

Neither of the current owners paid dollars.

There has always been rumours around Dwa’s hacking, and how Glazen acquired it so quickly after the hack. Quite simply because those responsible don’t talk about it. Either way, this is the known timeline of Kromp’s sword:

Teal Dawn -> Dwa -> [hacked] -> Glazen -> Kromp. It may (or may not) have been sold for real money at three separate points on that timeline, but the transaction from Glazen to Kromp was NOT one of them. Kromp acquired it legitimately, and without using a credit card to fund it.

This all reeks of jealousy from those who will never own such an item and therefore look to attack the reputations of those who can.

• I founded [PhD] more than a decade ago. In that time, one of the things that has made our little guild unique in the Guild Wars universe is the number of unprovoked public attacks made by people who don't know better, who can't wrap their heads around how what we do is even possible, or who are simply jealous.

There are 3 +5e crystallines in existence. 2 of them are resting in [PhD]. The fact that this is not surprising is too much for some people to handle. I think jealousy is natural but might be tempered if people like Sight Seeing understood the mission of the guild a little better. Being in [PhD] isn't about being rich. [PhD] is about preserving the history of the game, as manifested in its items [1]. This is why I argue against customization of items of a certain quality and why, over the years, people have decided that certain museum-quality items belong in the [PhD] gallery. It's not about gaining individual glory. It's about preserving and celebrating the beauty of this world, which we all enjoy so much. This is also why so many people came out of the woodwork to help Kabong on his recent pursuit of green hammers. So, fortunately, one of the other things that makes [PhD] unique in the Guild Wars universe is the amount of support and appreciation that people have for our mission. This is just part of the beauty of this world and part of what keeps us going, and we are grateful [2].

Both of those swords arrived the old fashioned way [3]. Some find this fact incomprehensible, especially given the rampant cheating that has been part of the game for so long. Not only has [PhD] committed itself to doing what many consider to be impossible, but we also actually get the job done. Repeatedly. For more than a decade.

I used to take these attacks seriously.

I don't anymore.

Move along, nothing to see.

Don't feed the trolls.

io7YmGp.jpg

:thumbup:

[1] There is more to say about this, especially regarding how Max's work has helped to preserve the community and, in the process, the game itself in ways that are much more concrete and effective than celebrating pretty pixels.

[2] The fact that so many people have donated items or have specifically wanted to trade/sell their items to members of [PhD] points to something even bigger. Guild Wars is a world that people love and want to preserve and protect. That is the strongest possible testament to the beauty of this game. If our guild's mission means anything to anyone, it's only because of the brilliant work of the game's developers.

[3] I still miss the items I traded for the +5e crys that's on my account. I won't list the items here because 1) I don't think it would change anybody's mind about anything, 2) it would read like some kind of humble brag and this really isn't about me, and 3) I regret having to trade those items to someone who was an obvious cheater. Glazen never deserved to hold those items but it was a necessary evil in order to preserve the sword. The items that I traded were each sufficient to be the crown jewel in almost anyone's collection and I hope that they have all found safe, deserving homes. Sometimes tough choices need to be made when you don't have unlimited (or credit csrd fueled) resources.

<3[PhD]<3

Edited 6 times, last by Captain Krompdown: Removed typo. Added an image. Footnotes lel (July 2, 2018 at 9:56 AM).

• didnt imy have it before dwa or am i remembering completely wrong.

This is something like standing in the Louvre and asking if the nazis had stolen this piece during WWII. (Please understand that I'm not comparing Imy with nazis!) I guess it's a matter of historical record but the fact that the question needs to be asked only serves to highlight the vital function of the museum.

There's a lot of bull$hit out there and items of this quality are often in the middle of it. In the process, they often end up banned or with some idiot/child's name scrawled across them.

They deserve better.

<3[PhD]<3

Edited once, last by Captain Krompdown: Imy isn't a nazi! (July 2, 2018 at 10:18 AM).

• wow. One simple question about Crystalline Swords made this topic a joy for me to read.

I have truly learned something from all this information.

Thank you, history class :D

I, personally love the skin of Crystalline Swords.

I like collecting them and i really dont care more for the ultra rare ones.

A +5 energy q13 one looks equally awesome in my storage or hand in comparrison to a q9 inscribable one.

I simply love 'em.

• Official Post

I, personally love the skin of Crystalline Swords.

I like collecting them and i really dont care more for the ultra rare ones.

I simply love 'em.

And that is all you need to collect stuff. It doesn’t matter if you collect impossibly rare items that are impossible to acquire or imperfect purple stuff that drops everywhere all the time. What matters is the journey that all collectors travel. The people you meet, the knowledge you acquire and of course the chase. It’s all about the chase to find the one you need.

Enjoy the journey, it’s one of the mostawesomest (new word - heard it here first) things this amazing game has to offer.

• What matters is the journey that all collectors travel. The people you meet, the knowledge you acquire and of course the chase. It’s all about the chase to find the one you need.

Enjoy the journey, it’s one of the mostawesomest (new word - heard it here first) things this amazing game has to offer.

Well said, Max.

Sage advice to the novice collector.

Enjoy the journey.

<3[PhD]<3

• Frankly I’ve said it once and will say it again—the best part about this game is the community. Unfortunately it is also the worst part.

Cheating, botting, gold farming, rl cash transactions have all done a lot of hurt this game.

But they haven’t killed it—and they won’t until A Net shuts down the servers.

Fundamentally people play this game because they love it, because Arena Net made so many beautiful mistakes in itemization, because it symbolizes the best in what gaming could be, was and is.

I think Necro’s thread here, and his earlier post, is testament to this. Where else can you find a decade+ old game so hotly debated, actively discussed, lived and remembered by its community so brightly? I would defy you to find another example. This game is an example of love and dedication that makes me smile. Hell, it’s even brought me to tears before.

I know this is sappy, but keep chasing your item dreams, grinding your GWAMMs, whatever it is that makes you happy. This game’s community (which I think emerges from its wonky and awesome itemization) is something special that I doubt will ever be replicated in a game going forward.

Fuck I love this game.

❤️❤️❤️

Yuko

Edited once, last by Expugnare (July 2, 2018 at 6:42 PM).