!-Scammer Alert-!

• Official Post

Warning: Scammer(s) impersonating me as a Trade Mod

In the last two days I had several people approach me, because they were either scammed or someone attempted to scam them with a fake "Emma". When you want to make a trade that involves me as a trade mod only contact me on Emma Pu Pu. If you're in doubt if it is really me, than add Emma Pu Pu to your friendslist. If it doesn't show online or the wrong name. Please ask "Emma" to come online on Emma Pu Pu. If they fail to do this. DO NOT TRADE, IT IS NOT ME. I WILL ALWAYS VERIFY MY IDENTITY IF I'M ASKED TO DO SO!!!!!!!!!!

For further question check out my thread.

Stay safe people!

~Emma

• Unfortunately this has been going on for a very long time, with other names before this.

Whoever this individual is, he/she uses various GW forums staff member names as well as known regular player names.

He/she adds a slight variation in spelling, and once word gets out it's a scam, he/she deletes the character and moves on to the next name.

My own name was used in Pre with the spelling as Lynnn.

Several other regular player names besides mine were used to victimize.

Most regulars know who the other regulars are, as well as various forum staff, so they are less likely to fall victim.

The problem is the non regular & new players who have no clue, nor even that they can be scammed in this game.

Without the support of forums or helpful guilds or alliances, the will continue to be victimized.

This is just a thought but,

It's too bad that A Net couldn't put a serious suggestion on the log in page to the effect of...

"To join GW forums is as much for a players own safety as it is for community.

That scammer news is always updated and a safe community will always have that info available."

With more people in the know looking out for each other,

I think that this type of incident could be brought under much better control.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone Else Is Already Taken!