running multiple clients of GW

• Hi,

I just got an extra account, I thought I could use it for Nick Items and maybe some mule stuff. Now I want to run two clients of GW to transfer items and run places with both accounts.

I searched online and found couple of solutions. But all of them require some seemingly sketchy software.

How are you dealing with multiple accounts and what approach did you use?

Also is this supported by ANET or could I get banned for running multiple copies of the game?

Thanks!

• The best way I found is literally to just create a new folder and copy and paste the GW.exe and GW.dat files into it (since they are pretty small). Then you can run both without any problems.

Edit: I replied to the below post; I apologize for not mentioning that I use GW Launcher to point each account to a separate executable but am not running any .dat patches.

Edited once, last by T D: Edited to reflect I do use GW Launcher. (August 24, 2018 at 7:25 PM).

• T D that won't work - otherwise multi launchers wouldn't be needed.

As far as I can tell you need to make edits in registry under one of those locations: https://github.com/codemasher/gwm…/Program.cs#L40 and get rid of the mutex https://github.com/codemasher/gwm…r/Form1.cs#L138

Does anyone have a working solution for linux with wine that doesn't involve containers?

It's literally how I am running two copies. I'm not using any program to get rid of anything, to apply .dat patches, etc.

Edit: I do use GW Launcher but I am not running the option to apply the .dat patch. I have one account pointed at one GW.exe location and other account pointing to the other GW.exe. I apologize if this program handles killing something or making a change that is required to do so. But I made no manual registry changes or anything to do with mutex, etc.

Edit 2: I'll check with a 2nd computer tonight without ever having used GW Launcher to see what happens.

Edited once, last by T D: Will try my original post suggestion tonight without any launchers. (August 24, 2018 at 7:28 PM).

• It's literally how I am running two copies. I'm not using any program to get rid of anything, to apply .dat patches, etc.

Edit: I do use GW Launcher but I am not running the option to apply the .dat patch. I have one account pointed at one GW.exe location and other account pointing to the other GW.exe. I apologize if this program handles killing something or making a change that is required to do so. But I made no manual registry changes or anything to do with mutex, etc.

Edit 2: I'll check with a 2nd computer tonight without ever having used GW Launcher to see what happens.

Please do so. I made two folders for gw and I'm still able to launch only one copy of the game.

• Please do so. I made two folders for gw and I'm still able to launch only one copy of the game.

I was wrong when I said that simply creating a second location would work - I edited in later that I was using GW Launcher. I added both accounts to the launcher and pointed one account at the first location and the other account at the other location. This is how I am able to launch both at once. I do not need to use the .dat patch as I'm not trying to use a single install. I do apologize for the initial wrong advice, that was my mistake and I'm sorry.

GW Launcher isn't sketchy, and if you are worried it is open source so you can technically compile it yourself to run it.

• I use GW launcher. Works perfectly. If you don’t trust the program with your passwords you can just right-click anywhere in the little window and choose “launch default client”, do that twice and you’ll have two clients running at the same time.

• I was told using two windows logins with admin privileges to each launch gw and just switching between them without signing out works but never tried it.

My personal way to do it is just run the 2nd on my crappy old laptop... gw is ancient any old laptop will do.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• I was told using two windows logins with admin privileges to each launch gw and just switching between them without signing out works but never tried it.

My personal way to do it is just run the 2nd on my crappy old laptop... gw is ancient any old laptop will do.

would love to agree with you on that....as I used to do just this, however, you should update this with any old laptop with at least windows 7 (or xp sp3) will do as my crappy old laptop (not even sp3) can no longer sign in (since that big update this year), thus I have now only my one computer to play gw on (until we schlep out some cash for a newer model).

:mouse:where is the 'all you can eat' cookie bar? :cookie: