Problem with download after having purchased expansion

• *HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED TICKET*

I've made that announcement at the top to avoid having anyone suggest I contact support. Because too many people don't bother to pay attention to what is said in the original post. Or to notice if it's been stated that whatever issue had been resolved.

I already had purchased the trilogy set and installed it on my system and only needed EOTN to finish off the entire set. I use to play about 10 years ago and was finally able to start up again. When I went to purchase the last one, everything with the purchase went fine until it came time to add the access key. Which was entered correctly, I might point out. But the pop up kept telling me that I had to uninstall the game already installed even though I'd selected the 'add key to existing account'. This was on 9 September 18, I submitted a ticket right away and still have not heard a peep out of anyone at support. The payment for the game has already cleared my bank, the original access key no longer works as it states that "this key is already in use".

I'm so frustrated by this issue, I can't even put it into words. I'm on a fixed income and even though it's only about $20 or so (with tax), its really not in the budget.

I'm at a loss for what to do now. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?

:@:@:@:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::!::!:

• I've been in/out of the game almost daily since then, even created a new character. It's not there anywhere, I got the key from the site store. I assume it would work. But so far I've had no luck. Makes me miss the old days when a ticket was seen and dealt with in just a day or so. If I absolutely have to, I'll repurchase the game, but I'd rather not have to. I'm trying to not be rude to them, but it's been over a week and nothing but silence.

• Hello,

Your previous post has got me thinking.... Are you expecting to see EotN as an option for Character creation? This wont happen, it's an expansion of the previous campaigns. I'm not entirely sure how this is added to the account but you should now be able to gain access to the areas that are devoted to EotN. I believe there will be a quest in some of the main cities (LA, Kaieng, Kama) which should let you access another area beneath the cities which should lead you to EotN. Other more knowledgeable players will be able to clarify this further.

Always blame the Monk.

• Actually I hadn't even thought of that as far as nothing in character creation. I'm not far enough along with any of them to be able to get those quests. What concerns me is that I had assumed there would have at least been something of a down load. But maybe not, when it had been added the first time I'd gotten it, the now ex husband had installed it as a birthday gift. He introduced me to the game in the first place, so at least he was good for something. :D

So I guess I'll have to just keep playing and get at least one of the toons up far enough to get the quest. I see a lot of games hours in my near future, one of those "please don't throw me in the briar patch" things. 8o:S;):D:D

Thanks Ddraeg, I've been having a fair amount of stress in real life that the brain function isn't always working very well.

T/S

• I've just had a quick look on the wiki for you;

Access to Guild Wars Eye of the North is via quests that can be received by characters level 10 or higher from:

• Len Caldoron in Lion's Arch
    • Minister of Maintenance Raiugyon in Kaineng Center
    • Bendah in Kamadan

I understand your concerns regarding download, it's been such a long time since I added EotN to my account that I can't remember what happened when I did it sorry. I would guess that you may just download the files when accessing the new area (loading screen). Stick to it and hopefully you'll be able to pick up one of those quests soon! I've linked them below;

What Lies Beneath - Len Caldoron - Lion's Arch

I Feel The Earth Move Under Cantha's Feet - Minister of Maintenance Raiugyon - Kaineng Center

Hole of Istan - Bendah - Kamadan

Haha, Guild Wars can be a great stress relief and escape! Keep playing! Keep having fun!
    If you need any help feel free to add me in game, I'm not online often but if you do see me feel free to send me a whisper!

IGN - Ddraeg Gwella

Always blame the Monk.

• I believe what others said may be correct. Since GW uses a live update system, a lot of stuff gets downloaded in the background while the game is active, and when you access an area for the first time.

IIRC, you need a max level character in order to access and play through the EotN content.

On another note, official support ended for GW some time ago. I don't think they answer any tickets related to GW1 any more. At one point, the only way to resolve an issue was through an official forum space, but that ended several years ago as well.

• IIRC, you need a max level character in order to access and play through the EotN content.

See my above comment;

I've just had a quick look on the wiki for you;

Access to Guild Wars Eye of the North is via quests that can be received by characters level 10 or higher from:

People often use EotN as a way to gain access to max armour early as you can buy this in Boreal Station.

I believe you're correct regarding the download in the background though! Hopefully Tiger Song can shed some light on the situation when she reaches a point where she can access the quests!

Always blame the Monk.

• On another note, official support ended for GW some time ago. I don't think they answer any tickets related to GW1 any more. At one point, the only way to resolve an issue was through an official forum space, but that ended several years ago as well.

support has been combined--now gw2 support handles all of the tickets for both games.