Yet another Q8 Thread (Specific for Colossal Scimitars)

• Heya Friends!

So, I was looking for some brainless farming, since i stopped playing Speedclears and got my Character Titles where i want them.

Got to this really interesting Thread with Q8 Colossal Scimitar which recently dropped in 2016 (?).

Read some Informations about Q8 general Dropchances etc (which levels etc.).

Now, I'm not quite sure about some things which i wanna ask here. (Ikr Pleikki, I hooked you up ingame already - got some more questions though and didn't want to annoy you personally :P )

1. So the Level Gap for max Dmg Q8 Weapons is Lvl 17-21, maximizing at Lvl 20, right? Because I read a Thread where Max stated it was Lvl 18-21.

2. Can Colossal Scimitars drop in Normal Mode at all? Cuz Wiki states otherwise, which I know is sometimes wrong, but wanna ask again :P

-> Moddok Crevice Mission NM -> 5 Corsair Cutthroads Lvl 17

-> Moddok Crevice Mission HM -> 5 Corsair Cutthroads Lvl 20

3. Which leads to my next Question: Max also states that Foes with Lvl 18-21 can drop Q8 max Dmg IN NORMAL MODE only.

Is that right? So those Hardmode Lvl 20 Enemies in Moddok Crevice can't drop Q8 max Dmg Colossal Scimitars?

Didn't see GhostKairi Thread down there which is the same Question.

4. Can Q8 max Dmg Colossal Scimitars drop from Chests? I heard the 2016 drop was in Barbarous Shore which has Lvl 21 Foes in Normal Mode - was it dropped from a Chest or a normal Mob there?

5. Which Corsairs can drop Colossal Scimitars at all? Only the Cutthroads and Corsair Weapons Masters?

So that's it!

Thank you in advance! :)

Edited once, last by Shaya (October 19, 2018 at 4:19 PM).

• 1. Yes - lvl 17-21, highest chance at lvl 20, lvl 21 so far is only theory based on my research how drops work, chance there would be insanely rare, but likely possible.

2. Yes they drop in nm and hm alike.

3. Yes lvl 20mobs in HM can drop max q8, problem is there is barely any lvl 20mobs in hm, but the mentioned in moddock can drop.

4. Yes they can drop from chests near corsair mobs. Barbarous shore is a good address for them - I had a couple in nm and hm already, but none max q8 in nm (hm can't drop q8 from chests.)

5. They are known to drop from other sources as well, such as dungeon end chests, also apparently certain mobs in eotn can drop them. Read the wiki discussion page on the skin - user entries of observed drops are usually correct and helpful. - my own researches don't extend to which mob drops which skin yet since an insane amount of data would be necessary for all the skins and mobs...

Hope it helps a bit ;)

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier