Closed due to Xunlai Market violations

• MOD EDIT---Price check is for checking the PRICE of items, not for telling stories. This thread is CLOSED and no more discussion will be allowed.--MOD EDIT

I remember i dropped this axe the same day as my tyrian hand axe 14 years ago but i wasnt that happy because i didn't liked the skin but i dont know why i decided to keep it (thanks jesus), few days or weeks after theses drops i decided to leave guild wars for try wow and i never logged back .

I decided to log on back few days ago and a friend was plot about this axe after i showed him and he told me : dont sell it because there is no other around so i decided to keep it.

This morning a guy on kamadan was looking to buy required 8 weapons i told him i had a thread on legacy and if he wanted he can have a look . He told me he already saw it and he asked if i had others weapons for sell i told him i have one left but im not sure to sell it . He was insinsting so i decided to show him the axe after that he said wah i am looking for this axe for the last 7 years and he offered 75a . I said no then he offered 100a i also said no. He told me he had somes required 8 +5e weapons . I saw this jade sword required 8 +5e i always wanted one for my monk so i told him i can trade my axe for 100a + the jade sword he said yes . When the trade was open i putted my axe on the trade him the 100a and the jade sword and he never pressed accept. After that he told me i needed to drop the axe for a verification and i said no . He told me i was trying to scam but how the hell i am trying to scam if i wasnt sure to sell this axe at the start . I think he was the scammer and he wanted to scam when i drop the axe so guys take care about this kind of action.

I realized after i logged off if i had traded my axe for the 100a and the required 8 +5e jade sword ( if it was a real offer )i maybe got scammed so i want to know the real price of my axe , its a tyrian serpent axe old school 6-28 required 9 15 while enchanted.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ps : sorry for my english thats not my language as you can see :p

Edited 6 times, last by cosyfiep: this is not a price check---warning issued (August 25, 2019 at 6:02 PM).

• Yes, but I point you to the last sentence in that link. He asked you to prove it’s authenticity and you declined. That’s alarm bells ringing.

I do understand your reluctance to drop it in an explorable area. And under no circumstances should you do so unless it’s for a trusted recognised expert to verify, because the other person could just pick it up and log off. Don’t get caught out. Arrange for a viewing here first with a recognised collector.

I also notice that his thread is currently being viewed by someone we suspect is a scammer who is trying to scam people this exact way. Coincidence? I think not.

• Once it has been verified, there will be no issue.

But until then, the community will remain suspicious of claims like yours. Verify it, and all is good. However, the potential for the scam still exists at the point of the actual trade, and while Legacy cannot control what happens in game, the buyer would be strongly advised to use a trusted trade moderator to prevent the scam happening.

Verification of it being Tyrian is one thing, preventing the scam is another thing altogether.

• You guys are doing a mistake i am not inventing anything. If you dont trust me you can go ask "libra magdalena" guy and he will tell you the truth if hes honest. I asked for price check not for dramas. Thx.

Asking another guy won’t prove anything. This axe needs to be verified.

• Why i need to confirm something im not selling? I just want a price check. And what if i give my axe to a trusted guy and he ran away and if he say he didnt scammed me ? All will trust him not me thats easy scam for him . I think the best things to do with theses axes are not buying and selling them for avoid a scam from both parts.

• That’s the problem. It can’t be valued.

1. Until it’s verified, it could be junk or priceless.

2. There is no historical data for sales of this axe so no comparisons can be drawn.

3. Your refusal to have it verified only serves to further muddy the waters regarding its authenticity.

Don’t trust any numbers you’re given on it’s value because there is precisely zero data on past sales. Any claims for having sold one in the past should be disregarded as there is a known scammer doing precisely this. We have gone years without any of these being available, then suddenly several appear at once. And all by the same scammer.

Read between the lines here folks.... don’t trust anything to do with anyone claiming to have a Tyrian Serpent Axe unless it’s been verified.

• thx for yours answers max , i think this thread can be closed.

Ps: take care guys as max said with this axe and as i also said , mine wont be for sell for sure so keep an eye open and dont fail for it. Talking for both parts.

***mod edit--do NOT bump your thread to close it!!!! This is a warning---mod edit***

Edited 4 times, last by cosyfiep: bumping to close (August 25, 2019 at 5:53 PM).

• cosyfiep August 25, 2019 at 5:52 PM

Closed the thread.
  • cosyfiep August 25, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Required 9 tyrian serpent axe old school” to “Closed due to Xunlai Market violations”.