[Request] UW Solo or for 2 people

• Hey there,

Returning player here, haven't touched GW in over 10 years so I'm still fresh about the nerfs that have been happening (I come from the era of 50hp Mo clear - found out the hard way that that's not happening).

I would like a 2Way(?) build to conquer UW. I've been doing some research and found out that having ?/A is very useful for SC or any kind of clear.

My question is, what two professions would be good for a clear of the area (combined)? and which profession is better for solo, please?

In the meantime, can you link me to good builds for both options since I'm getting overwhelmed.

Thank you for reading and for your patience with this noob

P.S. would it be too much to ask for an FoW clear too? :P

Edited once, last by Dissonance (January 30, 2017 at 10:57 PM).

• Certainly not an expert on this, but both areas can be cleared solo in normal mode with a spirit spam Rit. You can do all of the quests in FoW too, allowing you to open the end chest. Some UW quests are probably possible too, though actually completing it would be impossible due to Dhuum. I don't think either is super profitable, if that was your main interest. Spirit spamming works well as a pair too.

I don't know how much you'd be able to do with an Assassin build. I vaguely recall seeing a small group, possibly solo, complete UW (even beating Dhuum) but I don't really remember anything about it. They're used in team speedclears rather than Rits because they can be built to handle a specific area faster without having to worry about the other parts.

• Oh, spirit spammer looks really good as a build.

Honestly I just want to enter the instance to experience it again (and stay in it for longer than 5 minutes). So the purpose is to have all the fun, rather than for the quests (as well as for the rare experience of getting an ecto drop).

But, if there are builds which also target the quest, I wouldn't mind any other suggestions. I will definitely try the ritualist though! Thank you!!

• If you're primarily interested in just revisiting the areas you could always just use heroes. They, unlike regular henchmen, are allowed to enter UW/FoW. With any half decent team build (you can find the meta ones on gwpvx.com) FoW is fairly simple even with zero experience, while UW is probably the same but with trickier quests and Dhuum. Alternatively, if you wanted to do it with other people you could join a guild (which you should pretty much always do anyway) or one of the GW discord channels to see if anyone is interested.

• I see, while that sounds like a good idea to do, I am interested in doing some soloing for now until I get a hang of the game again... for now ;) I've also started a couple of characters to get myself into it too.

Using heroes is definitely something I'll have to explore, since I left within the time frame they were introduced. So I'll have to build a repertoire of skills they'll need. That link looks like a good way to start it - I'll give it a good look. Thanks!

But, I believe I'll enjoy mingling a bit with some people and try out discord :)

• No, ether means doing all the quests when he talks about soloing and there are vids out there if you got the time :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Marty Silverblade January 24, 2018 at 1:39 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “[Request] UWSC Solo or for 2 people” to “[Request] UW Solo or for 2 people”.