I can't believe it's been 14 years since I first started playing Guild Wars...
Maybe it's something about Lent, and having given up on video games, I've been drawn back to this favorite game of mine. Having sunk over 2,700 hours into this game, I've been longing to get back into it again. There are so many parts about this game that I miss, namely:
- The combat (GW2 doesn't do it justice)
- The old-school trading post (no automated listings)
- The high price of black dye (7 plat the last time I remember)
- Everlasting tonics
- Instanced zones
- Main/secondary professions
- Click to move
- Aggro bubbles and speed clears
- RR (red-resign) days, when it was still a thing
- The voltaic spear and ecto gloves look
A part of me realizes I can't sink in time like I used to; like - way too much time. There's also a part of me that wants to be more responsible. You see, I have my own business. I'm a software/web developer and that's where my skills are but inside I really find it something I'd enjoy very much if I could create a Guild Wars successor. I haven't found any games that are quite like Guild Wars 1, but I also do not have the experience I would need to make a game.
Has this been something anyone has pursued or has interest in pursuing in this community?