Guild Wars install problem

• Hi all,

Before I contact support, I wanted to ask here if anyone has experienced the following issue:

Since yesterday, my Guild Wars client will create new subfolders in the Guild Wars install folder with funny characters (Chinese and other) as per the pic attached. Yesterday morning everything was OK. In the afternoon I logged back in and realized that I was not able to pull up the templates in-game (the templates window was empty not showing my saved templates anymore - in the morning it worked fine as usual).

As a background info:

• I use GW Launcher (Release 11 (December 13 Update Fixes) by GregLando113)
    • I do not bot
    • I did reset all permissions Folder and Registry during a standard monthly cleanup between the morning and afternoon.
    • Everytime I launch the client a new subfolder is created with funny characters and inside this folder it recreates a Guild Wars folder (instead of referring the the Guild Wars folder in My Documents). This would be OK, but teplates saved in this folder do not show up either.

As to malicious code, I have run a full virus scan in Windows 10 and with Rogiekiller and my system is clean.

As to the game client, I initally tried the commands: -repair, -image to no avail. I then deinstalled everything and reinstalled and problem continues to occur (funny folders being created and no access to templates).

Thanks and regards,

Abadon

• When you open up the Skills window and try and Load a Template what path does it show?

Normally (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Guild Wars\Templates\)

Have you tried putting these folder names into Google Translate? I don't know if it is a language or just characters.

Did you recently have a Windows update or notice anything different with Windows Language settings?