Guild Wars Collector's Edition

• Greetings,

I stumbled upon an old Guild Wars Collector's Edition on a local antique electronics store and I was wondering if there is a market for it and if so, what kind of price could it retail for. It's kinda scratched up but since it was in a store, it was never opened.

I will attatch some images.

Thank you in advance!

-Snak3:mouse:

• Official Post

A brief mod message:

Discussing used copies of the game, availability, contents, condition etc. is fine.

This isn't a forum for trading physical items for money, and trading for in-game items is against the Terms of Service so please do not solicit a trade through the forum. There are other places you can use to post used items for sale like eBay.

To answer your question;

It is likely that there would be interest in a Prophecies Collectors Edition - what would make it very valuable is if it was sealed/the game code unused. That's the most valuable part. (You're looking at several hundred €/$/£). Ones that reach that usually are in the original fully sealed plastic wrap. This one doesn't seem to be that and instead has a sticker over the edges of the box. Considering the condition of the box it may not actually be a brand new sealed copy and could in fact be used.

With that being said if the contents is in good condition then it could still be worth a bit since it is the rarest of the Collectors Editions. You can check what the contents should be on the Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_War…8box_content.29

• Game discs (2)
    • The Guild Wars Manuscripts game manual
    • Guild Wars Quick Reference card
    • Install Guild Wars installation information sheet
    • Logitech Internet Chat Headset
    • Teamspeak Software (custom version)
    • Teamspeak Installation Guide information sheet
    • HardcoverThe Art of Guild Wars artbook; 128 Pages
    • Guild Wars Soundtrack CD

If it is just a box then considering the damage probably not worth that much and little interest.

Try searching on eBay for sold copies to see what it may be worth. Regardless it is certainly a nice find for a bit of GW history.

• Thank you so much for your reply. I am sorry if I violated any terms of the forum, but my intention wasn't to sell it in here, just to discuss how rare/valuable this item could be with people who know better.

Again, thank you and for what i can see this box has never been opened because the factory seal is still on it and it was sold to me in a legitimate shop.:/ Unfortunately it was in there for 15 years, so the plastic wrap must have been damaged and eventually ripped off completely.

• As far as I know, it has never been opened and as result the code as never been used! It was bought in a legitimate supermarket affiliated store and it has been there for the past 15 years! But why is the code so valuable?

• As far as I know, it has never been opened and as result the code as never been used! It was bought in a legitimate supermarket affiliated store and it has been there for the past 15 years! But why is the code so valuable?

Because the code is hard to find. The only way to get the code these days is to stumble upon an unused code in a box. Anet does not generate this code anymore.

• What I responded to you on Reddit:

Unused code = Several hundred dollars - ($300-$1000 range)

Used code = $50 or less

The biggest problem you have is that the factory wrap is off. Sure the seal inside the wrap is intact - However I am not convinced with the box in the condition it is that it is not used.

I would recommend opening the box and checking if the code is unused. If so, take pictures of everything prior to selling (if you intend on selling). That way you know and the buyer can't come back and accuse you of misleading the sale. If they accuse you of selling a used code, you have pictures to back it up.

Here is a pic of the code surface. It will be on the back of "Disc 1". If unused it will have a silver scratch off substance under the black square I put on there.

https://imgur.com/as7ZxNJ

• The biggest problem you have is that the factory wrap is off. Sure the seal inside the wrap is intact - However I am not convinced with the box in the condition it is that it is not used.

Well, that may be the case where u located but at least in germany or maybe even europe there never was a factory wrap arround those CE's. They only got those two plastic stickers on. I can confirm that for all three Versions (Proph CE, Factions CE and Nightfall CE).

greetings

Edited once, last by i <3 Milka (July 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM).