Another Questions Thread

• I've got a number of questions about the game that have popped into my mind since I started playing around ten years ago;

1. Why are the forts and buildings so out of proportion to the characters?

2.How are people who are obviously seasoned players getting back into pre-searing?

3.How come no one ever came up with winter clothing for when your playing Eye of the North, or knocking around the Shiverpeaks?

Not really a question, but I've always felt the games developers should have created trails allowing passage from let's say the Crystal Desert up to Gladd's Camp or the Wilds up to Rata Sum. Just asking?

• 1. the point is probably that running through a huge castle without foes just trying to reach the exit would be boring. I mean you could ask by same reasoning "why not make the walking speed realistic/in proportion?" I doubt you spend your entire day running the world. And even then I doubt you'd be continuously as fast as your gw character. The houses/buildings are usually halfway on scale - I mean if you created the char at maximum height you'll probably think the buildings look small and you'd bump your head - but that actually is realistic if you take humanities max size ppl and try to fit them in ordinary houses...

2. From my understanding pre has a different approach than post: in post leveling to max level is easy. Same about getting maxey gear. Pre is absolutely different: you'd have to farm for years until you'd get a perfect weapon. The occasional player has worse gear than the veteran. You can really set yourself apart from others by being max lvl and having max gear. Certain additions to the game sadly ruined that spirit in bits: with vanguard quests and bonus weapons you can have even better gear than was previously possible with just paying. Still your wep can be clearly identified for where it came and thus the pro can still set himself apart from the preorder guy.

3. Fun idea - but it's up to the player in the end: ofc you can chose appropriately looking or functioning gear for any area, but you are free to walk around in your christmas sweater on a california beach during summer as well...

For the last one: such are available at spots, but are limited due to arenanet selling the 4 parts seperately.

Just my thoughts ;)

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Thanks for the reply, another thing I didn't mention was that I very rarely play with others with the exception of joining a "runner" from Becon's Perch. Too much of a hassle, no one can come to any sort of plan or strategy. As a result I prefer to slug it out using my own heros. Naturally this means I've never really finished the Eye of the North Quests or "Ascended" in the Crystal Desert I take what I can from the game.

• Nobody gets back into pre. If you noticed lvl 20s they did it on vanguard quests, or, via death levelling (dl is the old way)

Those few ppl with legendary survivor did it in pre, usually farming the farmer hamnet vanguard quest.

There were ofc a few glitches long ago, but, not sending a player from post back to pre.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ