Research q7/16 shields factions and tyrian skins. (90% complete)

• I'm curious about what shield skins could have droped max q7/16 OS

also if anybody knows the date q7/16 shields were removed from drop table

I will add Screenshots:

Factions Shield skins:

*Plagueborn GAgi0Gk.png

*Bladed5fmr6PV.png

*CelestialaNrlMKT.png

*BronzefxVUD0p.png

*Spiked TargefPyHYcE.png

*Diamond4MFBHgn.png

*IridescentKSJeG2C.png

*Guardian of the Hunt -confirmed, need screen

*Emblazoned -confirmed. need screen

*Kappa -confirmed. need screen

Tyrian Shield Skins:

*MagmasN5WIrox.png never dropped gold/purple Q7

*Eternal LiWumYU.pngnever dropped gold/purple Q7

*Shadow uZStFsV.pngnever dropped gold/purple Q7

*SSS l9JBuSG.png

*SWS USKsQZq.png

*CrudeLvis1D9.png

*TowergKTshL7.png

*DefenderGGvrGLm.png

*Reinforced BucklerMnZ0Kmt.png

*Round Shieldq746eip.png

*SotWuevb3Xw.png

*AegisNvQEnXC.png

*Wooden Buckleru0VXzzM.png

*TallqydBP47.png

*SkeletonuGVY05l.png

*Ornate Bucklerd9OBfTg.png

*Skull

ign: A L i N :war:

WTB Triple mod shields (from The Mausoleum 2010 - bugged shields)(paying well)

Edited 18 times, last by O O O Yoji O O O (December 31, 2020 at 1:09 PM).

• O O O Yoji O O O December 30, 2020 at 2:30 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “q7/16 shields gold/blue. i need confimation about any factions and tyrian skins.” to “Research q7/16 shields factions and tyrian skins.”.
  • You missed SotW on ya Tryian list ;)

Emblazoned is 100%, there is a screen. MaxBorken can provide it + tell the sad story of its fate?

Kappa I think is 100%, Pleikki had one, screen maybe?

To my knowledge Magmas, Eternal, Shadow and gloom never dropped gold/purple Q7.

Crude, skull and Tower I thought was possible but don't have an example to share, ill leave for somebody else to confirm/deny.

Can anybody confirm or deny that Q7's dropped in pongmei and or why no Echovald, Embossed, Gothic, Ornate, Amber seem to have happened?

My memory of 2006 is not good.

And in the interest of thoroughness anybody wana disagree that Q7 Exalted, Outcast & Zodiac aren't a thing?

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

• O O O Yoji O O O December 31, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Research q7/16 shields factions and tyrian skins.” to “Research q7/16 shields factions and tyrian skins. (80% complete)”.
  • Well here old screens of diamond and crude from my folders

h0JobRw.png

5ADskf3.png

Sadly dont have screens of the kappa or embla since oldest screens been deleted :( Browsing throw wayback machine or archive they could be found.

As told you yoji ingame, i think any skin that drops white/blue at all couldve dropped white/blue in q7 aswell, as far as iknow zodiac, exalted and gloom for example dont drop white/blue? so those wont excist q7 either xd

For echo forest skins, theres allways the possibility they excist, but outside of GoTH i've never seen other than white/blue.

• O O O Yoji O O O December 31, 2020 at 1:09 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Research q7/16 shields factions and tyrian skins. (80% complete)” to “Research q7/16 shields factions and tyrian skins. (90% complete)”.
  • Interesting. What makes you think Q7 white and blue being possible = purple / gold was possible?

Never considered that to be a connection given that white and blues drop Q8 from foes not capable of dropping Q8 purple/gold now.

Everything was different back then I know but as an example is pretty odd there is plenty of of Q7 white / Blue magmas but no purple and gold isn't it?

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

• Hmm, not sure where u got that idea but i didnt mean to make any connection between white/blue drops and purple/gold drops, i was only talking about white/blue drop possibilities xD

so for clarification if someting dropped white/blue it doesn't mean gold/purple couldve dropped

• Well after i sold the one i had in 2007-2008, i remember it was sold once after in guru, but since then havent seen one.

Actually i sold it in 2009 it seems xD

https://archive.guildwarslegacy.com/09/09%20Sell/4…Shield.001.html

sadly no pictures

(That kappa was q7 tac 10demon/-2st and sold it for ~70e in the end)

Pretty sure its not only one tho

Edited 2 times, last by Pleikki (December 31, 2020 at 2:12 PM).

• Req 7 required basically the same conditions as modern q8 drops. Thinking of the time period there wasnt rampant pong mei runners.

What did exist en masse for farming of echovald items was stone kirin farming prior to the mob nerf but those weren't the right level in pong mei. Then outside of tanglewood and altrium ruins were mega warden farms on 55 monk prior to mob composition nerfs. Those are the right level for q7 goth although they drop goth very rarely. They also even more rare drop purple echovald shields.

My theory is we only have a tiny dash of goth with no other skins because the heavy farming of the time was wardens and honestly shield drop rate from wardens sucks.