From Marhan's with love

• There are many treasures posted in these threads. Old invaluable relics, saved from the risk of losing their importance, dusty and forgotten. They wouldn't be here, categorized and cherished, had it not been for the people tirelessly looking to fill gaps in their ever-growing storage vaults. For over a decade, I have guarded the wooden box in Marhan's Grotto. It is filled with the things I cherish the most. But most importantly, it has become a meeting place for the one thing that keeps me coming back to this tiny corner of the pixel world we love. I strive to measure worth in friendships, hence why I am the undisputed wealthiest citizen in the Shiverpeaks. We will get back to those people. They are hard to screenshot.

Very early on, when people weren't a rarity in this corner of Tyria, I acknowledged that the common skill amongst many in these threads, power trading, was never going to be my expertise. So, like others, I turned to items that usually passed under the radar of the people I looked up to the most. The curiosities. Some of you may have heard the story of the tiny monk who spent 7 years poking Sensali birds, in hopes of completing a certain high energy set of canthan Serpent Axes. A remarkable set in my eyes, maybe not in many others. That is where the tale of Woo and collecting began.

It became many other things. Evolved, expanded, reconsidered, reduced, boiled down, retired and restarted. Throughout it all, everything but one project, was nothing but a mere distraction from what I really wanted to complete. Shortbows. Over the years, I was allowed a small but finely carved bow rack in the Academy halls. An accomplishment in itself, as it stands proud next to collections belonging to pioneers, I am still in awe that I can call my friends. Everyone who knows me, knows what the holy grail of Tyria is to me. You most likely also know that after 12 years of chasing it, it slipped through my fingers only to be brought to Marhan's Grotto, wrapped in silk and with the best possible regards by Pequeno. It shall start off this growing gallery of things I admire. There are many tales to be told. Some day soon I will find the time.

Oh, and those friends made along the way? Most of them can be identified by a burgundy red tree on their cape. You know who you are.

The snow is falling on the icy cobbles. You know where to find me.

x5c3DBK.png

Q7WmLUs.png

nZBmDKD.png

xsGqYZY.png

fpcxP26.png

From Marhan's with love,

Woo

Edited 2 times, last by Woo (April 13, 2021 at 5:00 PM).