Posts by Bluey

Hello, I've recently done a GWAMM (my first in 15 years). In my opinion, try to have fun and don't rush it, cause it will take quite some time. Also, take a look at the wiki GWAMM guide and HOM guide.

1. Yes. I see you've maxed out devotion (miniatures). Fellowship can be done rather quickly (play challenge missions or buy some hero armors). Valor is probably next, as you only need one Tormented weapon to complete it (costs an armbrace, or get the once-per-account Reverie gift). Resilience will be costly, especially the obsidian armor, but you can complete the collection across different characters, so get all your characters elite armors of your liking and you're done.

2. Yes, it takes the longest to max out Honor. You can do GWAMM on the way as they're mostly the same thing. For the PVP statue get Zaishen rank 3. Complete the elite areas in normal mode for a few statues (FoW and Sorrow's Furnace should be easy. DoA should be doable if you know the drill. Underworld, Urgoz, and Deep will be hard if playing solo, but not impossible. To make them easier and more fun, find a guild or some friends to do it together).

3. For GWAMM, the following is my list: (finishing medium should give you GWAMM and 50 in HoM)

• Easy: Asura, Norn, Deldrimor, Vanguard, Sunspear, Lightbringer, Party, Sweet, Drunkard, Survivor, Guardian, Zaishen (rank 3), non-title statues
    • Medium (a bit time-consuming): Skill Hunter, Legendary Defender of Ascalon, Master of the North, Cartographer, Vanquisher
    • Hard (avoid unless interested): All account-wide titles, with Lucky (rank 2) and Unlucky (rank 2) being the easier ones

4. The trick is to have fun and enjoy the game. When you feel frustrated, do something else. Use Texmod for easy cartography (it's on the wiki). Doing everything with cartography may save time. I used this hero team to complete most of my GWAMM. You can also PM me (here on legacy or in-game) if you need any help.

5. Estimation: a few months to a few years. (depending on your play time of course)

Alright dear veterans of Guild Wars, ready for a fun quiz? :)

How many items in my bag can you name? (without checking the wiki)

surprise me :D

* hint: some of these items have more than one possible answer, getting just one counts!

Answers are here...
    Wait, did you take your guesses first?
    Come on, it will be fun!
    Alright, here goes...

Row 1: Four-leaf clover, Taro leaves, Herring, Kappa trap, Head of Xiriss Stickleback (now this one's a killer, don't think anyone could have spelled it or even said it right XD)

Row 2: Jade wind orb, Cold one (or Bottle of Juniberry gin), Mursaat scepter, Balthazar's focus, Urgo's flatbow (yep, there's a black-dyed amber bow in that green box)

Row 3: Palawa Joko's scepter, Silver edge, Kanaxai's axe, The Yakslapper (slap that yak!), Willcrusher

Row 4: Gemstone staff, Lian's lantern, Chan's greed (okay this one's a bit too hard), Forgotten fan, Gwen's flute

Row 5: Ice (or Sapphire), Enslavement stone, Black pearl, Moon shell, Red iris flower (or Swamp flower, yep, it's a thing)

Row 6: Glob of frozen ectoplasm, Crystal snowflake, Silver ring, Rare antique Elonian vase, Branch of Juni berries

Row 7: Grimoire Arcanum (or Ascalon census, Symon's history of Ascalon), Golden phoenix feather, Magical compass, Golden lantern, Iboga blossom

Row 8: Fossilized shellfish, Shell, Experimental elixir (or Ralena's cure, Fiery unguent, Barradin family urn), Tattered bear (the name is Bobo), 5 tarnished platinum coins (the only item with no caps in the name, for some reason)

Cheers!

Thank you, Kevin (or Iaerah , nice name by the way) for letting us know the mods are really trying to solve problems, or rather help with a problem A-net is not solving, e.g. botting. I agree that it is very hard to police on a forum with accounts that can be freely created. I've tried to ponder: if I were a moderator, what can be done to make the situation better, and not worse or more complicated. Here are some thoughts:

1) Start with the obvious. For example, data from thousands of chest runs collected with the precision that no man can do, is probably botted data. The poster also did not confirm it is not botted, and most people probably believe it is. So even if the data is quite interesting and informative, it should be taken down from the site. Legacy should not be encouraging (or even tolerating) botting activity in any way, and having botted data posted right in our face is against this spirit.

2) Tag the suspicious. Many users are seasoned players and know each other pretty well, especially the collectors. Many of us can see obviously whether items in a WTS thread is more likely botted or not. I admit some are not so obvious. As Yoji pointed out, the actions of a hard-working player may look like a bot to others. Therefore, I suggest that for threads that are suspected to be associated with bots (by mods, or reported by other users), place a tag on the first page, stating that the post has been suspected to be related to botting activity, and buyers should beware. The tag might make the poster angry, but will not affect the thread's visibility or prohibit any bidding activities. People who are fine with buying botted items, or people who think the items are not actually botted can still bid and buy. The actual trade happens in-game so there's nothing to police there. So why put a tag? To remind people that it is not acceptable to bot, and Legacy strongly discourages it.

3) Educate the masses. A huge thanks to Crayon and his thread, now more people know that unides (especially shields) can be checked, and buying unide packages for more than a few plat can (potentially) be a waste of money. People need to know this kind of information before they dive into the selling threads. Just like the Tyrian Serpent Axe issue. So put a sticky on unides too, and maybe also put a tag on threads that sell unide items/packages. Again, the sticky and the tags cannot enforce anything, but can serve as a warning. Also, educate the masses about bots! This is not encouraging people to bot (they can find botting information elsewhere pretty easily), but simply let people know where bots are currently running in masses in the game. HA is heavily botted for zkeys as we all know. Dragon Mosses are botted for gothic/echovald/ornate/amber shields. WoC-(A chance encounter) is botted for all sorts of factions core items. Many chest runs are botted (at least the two we got data on). And before the data thread even I thought that Magmas where not botted. Nowadays, probably any item that still drops can somehow be botted, just more or less, but people need to know. If some items are known to be farmed by bots, and suddenly a lot of them show up, people will be aware that bots may be involved. The education doesn't need to be all about botting though. We can start a new section like "drop locations information". We can discuss in detail what items drop where (including chests), how they are usually farmed, and whether the location was heavily botted. People will probably be interested in finding out more about the most sought-after OS items. Some information can already be found in the chest-running section. I'm sure many veterans can provide us with genuine, non-botted, high quality information.

4) Act. I understand that as moderators, it is impossible to please everyone. Some actions will infuriate certain people. It's inevitable. I trust that as moderators, you all have the courage to do something for the greater good of this community. Legacy is a great website, it is free, we can all speak freely and trade without boundaries. I cherish this deeply, and I thank the moderators for providing this opportunity. However, at times Legacy also became the nesting place of botters. I would not burn down Legacy just to stop them. They can't be stopped in-game anyways. As moderators, actions can be taken to hamper the botters, or at least make their threads look shameful and obvious. I urge you not to take away the freedom which Legacy has, but to provide the innocent with knowledge, which may enable them to make the right decisions.

Just some of my ideas, and I mean no harm to anyone.

Thank you for reading, dear moderators. You have my full support.

Sincerely,

Bluey

Nice screenshot Invokeur! I have tried for days but could not find it at all...

I've decided to take a step back, and try to play less, for some time ;(

And here's my own screenshot challenge! I found this place myself: (reward: tba)

It is a very special place for me.

I've always felt like I'm in an icy cold cave, trying desperately to find a way out.

I hope that I may finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll be resting for some time.

(and a big thanks to everyone who has been kind to me)

edit: this was also in the same area

:)

Edit: also found some spooky end-of-the-world scenery, but still can't find the first challenge... very curious where it is

This is what I found so far

Double Edit: found it! And I'm also wearing factions clothes and weapons :) it's a nice spot

Triple Edit: and here's the dessert screenshot no.2

still can't find the anvil and waterwheel from Praise need more clues :D

Thanks for the clues :)

I've played the game on and off for >15 years. (like many others)

• I have traded items in-game without knowing they were botted
    • I have sold items or consumables to possible botters

That being said, I got most of my in-game wealth by farming ectos (one by one the old-fashioned way) and trading. I hate bots and absolutely hate gold sellers. But no matter what I think, they've always existed. They mess up the economy even if we don't interact with them. They make what we gain in-game feel like crap, and there is nothing I can do about it. Except maybe start botting myself, which I absolutely do NOT want to do.

---------- (Now back to the main topic...) ----------

In my opinion, the threads on Legacy simply CANNOT be purged of the influences of botting, even if any rules were changed and the moderators start spending hours verifying each thread (which is impossible and also an inappropriate request to them). If accounts or threads were banned/deleted, the botters can simply create a new account and a new thread, and claim that everything is legit. Actually, how many items on the WTS threads were botted? 30%? 50%? Or maybe more than 80%? We can never know for sure.

I would not want Legacy to openly support botters, but they have been using the forums for a long time. Just like Kamadan, or the whole game in general. Where there are humans, there is evil, and evil can't be rooted out. In the end, my suggestion is: Prohibit openly advertising botting and trading of confirmed botted items. (but unless the seller openly says the items were botted, there may be no way to confirm) Then, let the people decide the rest. If you don't like bots, don't buy from them, don't take from them, and stay as far away from them as possible. (That's what I'm going to do)

I love this game and hope for the best for everyone who plays it.

Thanks, been playing less... (busy working, filling up the spare time, that did work somehow)

but... but! but! but!

I just picked up another old game: Diablo 2 (anyone else?)

oh the addiction again ||

What I learned:

I can't fight an addiction with another addiction

If I try to do that, I'll just get... TWO addictions :!:

Back to Guild Wars... and immediately spent hours farming a particular green: Saevio's Maul (what? but why? lol)

Conclusion: The Time is Nigh for another plan-to-quit...

and there's big work assignments coming up so I have to play less in order to finish my work.

need all the strength I can get.

lastly, my dear friends, if you see me online, tell me to LOG OFF

much appreciated!

Alright you made me play the game again, shame on me, lol

tested with this bar on a rit, 16 spawning power, 10 channeling

[Build=OAajgkiJJTvlZgIbdD5iqiMTlTA]

I repeatedly spanked a dummy in the nameless isle (..wait what did I just do)

with a spawning power staff, I got 3 critical hits within 200 hits, and the damage was 31, without buffs

with a channeling staff, I got 0 critical hits within 200 hits; the first critical hit was at the 258 hit, and the damage was also 31

(ahem, and why do I sound like Master of Damage now..)

so there you go :)

I think more tests are needed, cause within 200 hits, it may just be luck

but from these preliminary results, the chance of critical might be increased with the attribute, although not very significantly

and the critical hit damage is the same, that means the base damage is perhaps also the same (which was stated on wiki too)

I think you're not alone. Here's what my fire hero use. The elite is Searing Flames (for nostalgia). I like the +20%en, which can't be found on a wand-focus combination.

My player characters use AP+EVAS. It just suits my playstyle somehow. Since the spells are not linked to a staff attribute, these are the staves I use. (my first attempt at creating a collector-styled pic, haha it's rough) :D

sorry for the messy background, will get it right next time...

I liked visiting the museum. I'm a small-time collector myself.

I admire Pleikki for customizing some nice weapons as it is a great way to show dedication. However, I didn't like seeing the museum housing some items with questionable ownership (i.e. items with no clear borders, although I don't think it is against the rules made by the moderators... or should we suggest this new rule for the museum?). In my opinion the museum is for collections, not for screenshots. I like seeing items as they are, and with the gold prices too, which make items somewhat unique.

I'm not against collecting stuff customized by others, and I think Pleikki actually owns the collection. In my opinion the solution is quite simple. If Pleikki would kindly re-make the images and show all the items with clear borders, then I guess everyone can be friends again. No time to make the images sounds like an excuse; doesn't collecting the items cost far more time than making the images?

I like the collection Pleikki has. I just think it can be represented better.

// The Inglorious Bluey

Yes. They are not customized, unless you customize them at a weaponsmith (which gives a weapon +20% damage but prevents other characters from using it).

PS: The Droknar key can only be obtained once per character. It is a popular way to get the 20/20 wand-and-focus combination (you'll need 2 keys for 2 weapons). Thus the high prices they reach (more than 10e) in Kamadan. This weapon combination is commonly known as the 40/40 set, which is ideal for many caster classes. For your information I usually get the Droknar's Restoration Scepter with the key, due to the fact that Factions weaponsmiths cannot craft 20/20 Restoration wands for some unknown reason, and my Nec/Rit healers all use that wand. However this is just personal preference. :)

First, a big warm WELCOME to the game!

Weapons can have up to 3 upgrade components:

1. The inscription (weapons from Nightfall and EotN), or inherent stats (weapons from Prophecies and Factions, with a few exceptions)
    2. The prefix
    3. The suffix

These upgrades come from mob drops, can be salvaged with an Expert Salvage Kit, then applied to other weapons.

Let's look at an example:

1. The inscription is "Strength and Honor" which gives Damage +15% (while Health is above 50%). Inscriptions can be salvaged and swapped with another inscription. On the other hand, in the case of inherent stats, you may just see Damage +15% (while Health is above 50%) and no inscription. These stat comes with the weapon and cannot be changed in any way. Weapons with inherent stats are called "Old school (OS)" items.
    2. Sundering is a prefix, it gives Armor Penetration +20% (Chance: 20%). In this case it comes from a Sword Hilt
    3. of Fortitude is a suffix, it gives Health +30. In this case it comes from a Sword Pommel

=== === === === === === === === === ===

To get weapons that are "done" (with all available upgrades) there are a few ways:

1. Weaponsmiths can craft weapons with materials. Some are already "done", such as the wands/shields/focus from Prophecies and Factions, others can be upgraded by components, which can be salvaged from weapon drops from mobs. Notable weaponsmiths are Gertrud from Vasburg Armory, and Telamon from Leviathan Pits. Both can craft wands and focus items for caster professions that need no further modifications.
    2. Collectors can give weapons in exchange for certain trophies dropped from mobs. Similar to the ones obtained from weaponsmiths, some of these weapons are "done", while other can still be upgraded. Collectors weapons have limited uses, since some inherent stats can only be found on weaponsmiths and not collectors.
    3. Unique items can drop from certain bosses throughout the game. These weapons have a green-colored text, and are all "done". Their stats are fixed, so only a handful of unique items may have the specific stats you need.
    4. Weapons dropped from mobs (or chests) can be salvaged for the upgrades, or modified to suit your needs. Gold and some purple items may include maxed upgrade components.

For a new player weaponsmiths and collectors are fast and cheap ways to get weapons with maxed stats. After you are more familiar with the game, you may want to move on to more fancy unique items or rare drops. Below are some useful links:

Happy gaming! Don't be afraid to ask! :)