Symbol of Wrath broken?

• Is it just me or does Symbol of Wrath (monk smiting skill) do absolutely nothing?

From the wiki:

Spell. For 5 seconds, foes adjacent to the location in which the spell was cast take 8...27...32 holy damage each second.

I cast and nothing ever seems to happen. Today I set up a situation to test it: to enemies right next to each other. I cast on enemy 1, then tabbed to enemy 2 to watch its health bar. its health did not go down at all.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you.

• It's working as intended. Perhaps the description isn't clear - the effect occurs adjacent to where you were when you cast it. It's a point blank AoE, like Lava Font, not a ranged one like Fire Storm. You don't cast it at an enemy, you cast it wherever you are at the time.

d78dd1d.jpg

• It's working as intended. Perhaps the description isn't clear - the effect occurs adjacent to where you were when you cast it. It's a point blank AoE, like Lava Font, not a ranged one like Fire Storm. You don't cast it at an enemy, you cast it wherever you are at the time.

Ohhhhhhh, I see. It's centered around my character, not the selected enemy. I'm a dope. Thank you.