• Figured someone else might enjoy trying out some (possibly) new builds, so here's the different builds I use on some of my characters. I know some of the builds most likely are pretty commonly used by the community, but I'll post them anyway just in case.

I will also say that some of them are probably not the most efficient builds out there, but I do find them very enjoyable to play.

Ranger

The Prepared Turret

[build=OgATcZ8kZS1wx4UK3C2o44uMXEA]

This is what I use 95% of the time, I really enjoy the spammability of penetrating attack, sundering attack and then prepared shot for energy management. I would recommend a sundering or vamp Longbow with this build. Tried Hornbow for max sundering but don't like Hornbows, so nope :D

RaO Spear

[build=OgkjYxXYpSAZKYle4G5aAh5i0GA]

My go to build if I want to run around with a pet. Consider bringing epidemic or similar skills on one of your heros.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Necromancer

IV Blood Spam

[build=OABCQsxUNzQThwN4gAYjN5jA]

I've always been a fan of Blood Magic so I find this version more enjoyable than the (probably) more common Death Magic version. Again, you should consider bringing epidemic on one of your heros.

The wild card - MR Blood Necro

[build=OAJTQYTiTa4YopQ4GcQAs5RIBEA]

This is what I run in condition heavy areas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mesmer

Esurge Mesmer

[build=OQBDAqwDS2iNBnACOmO2g5UtlA]

No explanation needed I guess, common esurge build. I like to start engagements with Tryptophan Signet followed by Chaos Storm :)

FD Mesmer

[build=OQBDAawDS2iTA3AcQGgkA2g5UA]

Run this with a condition team and watch everything melt. :S

Elementalist

Ward Supporter

[build=OgBCsMzUu47w0w6whj1A0wnH]

What I run most of the time on my Elementalist. You can swap out Icy Prism and bring Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom instead if you want to go full-time warder, but I find the proc to be too irregular and prefere the extra area wide damage over it.

Mirror of Ice

[build=OgBCsMzUuoS00w6whj1A0wnH]

I've been messing around with this build since I love the elite skill and it's been treating me fairly well so far. However, I did find it more enjoyable when playing with another (melee based) player.

It still works with melee heros, but yeah, much more enjoyable when coordinating with another player.

Dervish

Praise Jeebus Derv

[build=OgGikysMtdJd9cFg1cJGK6N6BA]

Nothing out of the ordinary here. Spam praise jeebus and win. :saint:

Grandfather Nurgle approves

[build=OgGjkuqI7SBY7gXgihlbjXdfwXA]

Just a fun and tanky build with some nice condi spread. Bring epidemic :thumbup:

Warrior

Raging Endurance Bunny

[build=OQASEZJTRFCFIO7VaFie2F0k]

Pretty straightforward build, spam Frenzy and scream Leeroy Jenkins as loud as you can. Can swap out Frenzy for Flail or bring stance canceller instead of "I Am Unstoppable" if you actually want to survive, but where's the fun in that?

Assassin

WotA Dagger Spam

[build=OwFi0xjM5wwwcwQ8J6VDq/EnBA]

Again, nothing out of the ordinary. It's quite the enjoyable dagger spam, kudos to the person who came up with it:thumbup:

Ritualist

Rit Healer

[build=OACiEykMFMxJW9INN5MAaNdxAA]

My only healer build since I don't play monk ^^

Spirit Spammer

[build=OACiIykMVNdN5DWOpM1WOAyMBA]

Standard build, press all buttons once and then go grab a snack.

Paragon

Soldier's Fury

[build=OQGjUllMaSKY+ihileie8EtbAhA]

Great damage & support at once, what's not to like?

Edited 13 times, last by Coffee Man (May 27, 2021 at 8:07 AM).

• Official Post

Not going to nitpick everything (for the most part they either resemble meta bars or fulfil whatever niche you want them to), but the RaO bar is pretty bad. RaO and NRA are redundant. IAS and IMS don't stack past 33%. Considering that pets get free IMS and you have little need for it as a ranged attacker you're burning 25e (!) and your elite slot for not a whole lot. If you want to use something that benefits both you and the pet you should try something with Heal as One. That frees up a few slots and a lot of energy, so you can get more spear attacks in so you benefit more from the adrenaline from spear of fury.

d78dd1d.jpg

• I just want to chime in and say ^ expertise. also as of late I find myself running +5e bows and energy runes on my armor as they are very useful on rangers in general. that is all

• Not going to nitpick everything (for the most part they either resemble meta bars or fulfil whatever niche you want them to), but the RaO bar is pretty bad. RaO and NRA are redundant. IAS and IMS don't stack past 33%. Considering that pets get free IMS and you have little need for it as a ranged attacker you're burning 25e (!) and your elite slot for not a whole lot. If you want to use something that benefits both you and the pet you should try something with Heal as One. That frees up a few slots and a lot of energy, so you can get more spear attacks in so you benefit more from the adrenaline from spear of fury.

I must have been sleeping when I threw the build together for this yesterday, put on NRA instead of There's Nothing to Fear! :D Updated the build now.

As for why I use Rampage As One: It's basically because I want that perma 25% movement speed, the IAS is just icing on the cake for me really. It just makes it much more enjoyable to run around (without having to use Essence of Celerity).

With Expertise at 10 in this build RaO cost 15 energy, which I have to cast once every 15 seconds. I just time my Scavenger Strike (which happens to give back exactly 15 energy) with the activation of it and it's like it never was used.

I also use this with a Zealous Spear so never really found energy an issue tbh, as long as you time your Scavenger Strike well. Even less so if you bring a BiP necro!

I'm also aware of Fall Back! and Incoming! heros (which I do run most of the time), but I usually run this build in 4-man areas where I don't bring that particular hero.

I will definietly mess around some with Heal as One though and see if I like it, thank you!

Edited 2 times, last by Coffee Man (May 27, 2021 at 8:11 AM).

• I just want to chime in and say ^ expertise. also as of late I find myself running +5e bows and energy runes on my armor as they are very useful on rangers in general. that is all

Not entirely sure what you mean with the expertise part? :D

As for bows I never really liked running +5e bows apart from niche situations, but I do run energy runes and agree 100% in that they are very useful on rangers:thumbup: