I returned to Guild Wars in 2019 with the goal of re-experiencing all of the nostalgia the game had to offer. From this notion, my first project, Legendary Survivor of Guild Wars (LSoGW), was born. I aimed at smashing all of the game's content and titles on a single character by any means necessary without dying. After the more or less successful completion of this task, I took a break. However, the spark has been renewed in ways that I had not expected by participating in a similar project with a new twist: Ironman. I call this challenge a Deathless Iron-GWAMM.
Meet 'Beyond Stone':
The objective is to create a character that experiences the game’s content as it was chronologically provided to the players from 2005 onward and never die.
I'll be taking my time with this project. Slow and steady is the pace, but I'll also be documenting my progress and important happenings/strategy in an activity log.
After 15 days of casual play, I have arrived in the Crystal Desert and am currently headed for ascension.
- Must complete campaigns in order of release (Prophecies -> Factions -> Nightfall ->EotN)
- No partying with other players (excluding ‘Adventure with an Ally’ Pre-Searing quest)
- No player-to-player trading (including drop trading with yourself)
- Items may leave the iron character, but never be given to that character
- May only be obtained from drops, rewards, collectors, or armor smiths.
- May only craft weapons from weapon smiths beginning in Factions.
- No bank or material storage:
- The Xunlai chest must never be unlocked.
- The only gold spent by the player is earned by the player, capped at 100k.
- May not store items/materials on an alternate character.
- May use Rune Trader, Material Trader, Rare Material Trader
- May only be obtained from skill quests or utilizing Signets of Capture.
- Sig. Caps must be purchased with the player’s own earned gold.
- No skill tomes, even if player finds them
- A player’s first Sig. Cap. must be obtained from the quest 'Malaquire’s Test.'
- Elite PvE Skills/Anniversary Weapons can only be obtained after EotN completion
- Character must obtain its own Proofs of Legend
- No mercenary heroes.
- May not use M.O.X. until obtained in EotN quest-line.
- May not travel to EotN first to use those heroes in Nightfall (self-explanatory)
- Must be obtained by the player’s drops for use
- Alcohol, party, sweet titles must be completed by the players own drops
- Must find/purchase player’s own lockpicks/keys.
- No use until obtained in EotN
- Must craft using players own resources
- Miscellaneous / Other
- No /bonus items
- No Zaishen Menagerie
- May only use Deldrimor Talisman, Amulet of the Mists after EotN Completion
- Book of Secrets may be used as this was available on Nightfall release.
- Must never die.
- Legendary Defender of Ascalon is not possible with this challenge. Death-leveling was required to do so before the Vanguard quests became available.
- The project is only finished upon completion of 30 personal (not account-wide) titles.
Any questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome! Best of luck to everyone else with their deathless Iron or LSoGW attempts.