map explorer level 1

• hey

I'd like to know if that's possible to 100% explore one of the continent (tyria, cantha or elona) without taking XP ?

I think it's not possible for elona and cantha (maybe I'm wrong), but what about tyria ?

Thanks in advance to those who can enlighten me !

• Official Post

Tyria would be a no. You need to complete both Thunderhead Keep and Sanctum Cay, which reward 1k xp each.

Cantha... there isn't enough leeway to skip Raisu Palace and Imperial Sanctum, and getting in there requires obtaining heaps of xp. You could probably skip grabbing quest rewards if you group with someone who does it instead and can teleport you through, though I very much doubt you'll be able to do that at every place required. Figuring out how to get past gates would also be a necessity, though I don't know anything about that.

Elona... Consulate Docks gives 1k xp. You'd need a way of mapping the desolation without wurms. It is possible to run through it, though probably not at level 1 and in all parts of the map. So, no. There's also the challenge mission in the desolation which requires killing, though if you clear the middle bit and do all the portal jumping and such then maybe you can get away with it, but there'd be no leeway whatsoever.

Regardless, it's be interesting to see how little xp you could get them done with.

• Edit: I just realised how old this thread is, oops!
    It's possible to get Legendary Cartographer at a fairly low level. I did something similar a while back where I got it at level 10. But I can safely say it is possible at level 9, maybe level 8. And it's definitely a lot of fun!
    I've recently deleted this character and started a dervish to do the same thing with. This time I wanted to get chaos gloves and obsidian armor (so I had to achieve level 10), but definitely possible at lower levels!
    [/img]

• We have an expert ladies and gentlemen !

Do you really think my character would be named How Did U Do if the first kid using toolbox was able to do it ? :p

chill bob

that was not my intention to offense you, the hard part isn't the cartography, that's pretty easy, it's about skipping xp rewards from missions/quests. Despite this, I know you can skip xp quest rewards with toolbox, so there is probably a way to skip missions/xp mission rewards if it works the same way by sending the right code :) or are you going to say you did that the legit way ? :)

• you dont have to finish the missions....if they are not timed, you can have an alt do most of the mission and kill off everything, then your carto character just runs around, logs out before the mission is completed and you have carto'd that area.
    Minus the few missions that are required (mentioned earlier) you can pretty much do that for most of the maps.

• you dont have to finish the missions....if they are not timed, you can have an alt do most of the mission and kill off everything, then your carto character just runs around, logs out before the mission is completed and you have carto'd that area.
    Minus the few missions that are required (mentioned earlier) you can pretty much do that for most of the maps.

That was not my point at all... you have to finish some missions to access other missions/storyline.

• yes, Marty and I mentioned that, but you dont have to kill anything and you can get the worst rewards for them--and you and have an alt do the mission while your carto stays at the beginning...so you ONLY get the minimum reward for finnishing them (you can do almost all of factions without getting any rewards.)

• yes, Marty and I mentioned that, but you dont have to kill anything and you can get the worst rewards for them--and you and have an alt do the mission while your carto stays at the beginning...so you ONLY get the minimum reward for finnishing them (you can do almost all of factions without getting any rewards.)

yes but you can't get legendary cartho @lvl2 without using a third party program (= not legit) ;) that was my point

so no point posting stuff like that

Edited once, last by kriss (August 8, 2017 at 1:03 AM).

• I started to write volumes but I gave up. I understand now why I got my fow armor @lvl1 banned years ago when I see kids like you ready to cry in Anet's panties...

Just enjoy people experience and ask questions if you are curious, it's the best way to progress and discover new things.

Edited once, last by Dwadwa (August 8, 2017 at 8:12 PM).

• Well, things happen when you show off too much. Some people didn't have to stand 24/7 on said account in Kama and still can enjoy their lvl1 obby toons :)

Well, coming from a cancer kid like you np. I never regretted what I did in Guild Wars, I'm 100% sure at least some players enjoyed to see in Kamadan what was secretly kept by the wealthies, like I always enjoyed seeing unusual stuff in outpost, even before I was able to own some.

To answer the question, because except talking about things you ignore (kriss and monculmancer15 #DwaFanNumber1) you didn't help :

lvl 1 : possible in the past with guild hall bug (fow, cg, etc too)
    lvl 2 : still possible, but you need to find a way to skip mission xp and nf quests (and it's not a tb++ option...)
    lvl 6 : proph missions : 4k / factions missions : 4k / nightfall quests + missions 9k