Guild Wars stops responding when I minimize and maximize the game too many times

• Good Evening,

As the title says, for some reason when I minimize and maximize the game too many times it would stop responding. Sometimes when this happens and I wait a few minutes it would work again but as soon as you minimize and maximize again it would instantly stop responding. Other times you would need to Alt + F4 or try to use task manager to close, even restart the PC. I'm not sure why this happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

PC Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x

GPU: SLI MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X (x2)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill DDR4 Trident Z Royal Elite Silver 4000Mhz PC4-32000 CL14 1.55V Dual Channel Kit 2x16GB

PSU: Corsair AX1600i Digital ATX 1600 Watt Titanium Power Supply

Hard Drive: 2TB WD BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme

Monitor: ROG Swift 360Hz PG259QNR

Windows: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Regards,

Gab

IGN: Dagger Master Gab

Edited 3 times, last by gab999 (July 27, 2021 at 8:04 PM).

• gab999 July 27, 2021 at 7:20 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Guild Wars stops responding when I minimize and maximize too many times” to “Guild Wars stops responding when I minimize and maximize the game too many times”.
  • I suspect something else is going on if you also get input lag.

I've played GW in window mode since release as I often play two accounts at the same time in split windows to move stuff between characters. I've never had an issue with lag or minimising.

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Dell Tower (a fairly old one :))

All GW gfx settings on maximum.

Ranger Rob

Returning player after many years ......

• Hi, you use 2x 3090 just for one screen? This kind of problem in full screen is more common in dual screen. It can also be directly related to the monitor itself (without it being "bad" or of low quality) or to a Wacom style tablet.

The high Hz of your monitor could be a lead. Test the options in GW against this. The options of W10 also (as long as the game has the options to set the Hz, etc, W10 can be in 60hz or more no matter, the options of the game are priority on fullscreen). If you do -> desktop -> GW fullscreen, etc and the Hz settings change drastically between the 2 (60Hz -> 360Hz or no limit on game options), this can be a problem.. maybe.

If the windowed mode works, i'd be leaning towards this kind of problem.

The real question is, how long has this been happening and have there been any hardware or software changes in between?