• Been long overdue that the "Truth about Prenerf" thread was revamped, so here it is. Have broken this down into 4 sections, see Weapons / Shield & Focus / Greens

Everything here is subject to change and additions. If you can see a mistake or notice something is missing please say so and it shall be changed. The goal here is to use community collective knowledge to get as close to the truth as possible.

An item is considered Pre-Nerf if it cannot drop anymore. In other words, the possibility of the game generating these stats or items has been physically removed by the coders at Anet, mainly 2005/2006 around the release of Factions. The only way to acquire Pre-Nerf items is through trading with other players.

Runes:

minus 50hp Major runes, all versions

Superior runes with Minor rune icon

Superior runes with Blue colour

Superior or Major runes which remain unsalvaged on a Blue and Purple armor/garb item

Major runes with wrong icon / blue colour (such as absorption, major vigor and recovery, clarity, purity and restoration)

Miscellaneous:

Any Mixed dyes

Dye remover

Vial of Dye with 25 gold value [currently 1g]

Bolt of silk with 30 gold value [currently 15g] (Could be similar for other materials)

Jade Wind Orbs

Naga Fangs

Zaishen Medallions

Brick of Mud

Clay Bricks

Olias's resignation letter

Tattered Girls cape

Winter Gifts

White Staff Wrapping

Customized Miniatures

Festival hats that are Rune/insignia-able

If anybody has screenshots of any of these items please post.

• I'd like to add also superiour runes on purple armor pieces (not only blue pieces), also major runes with wrong icon / blue color such as absorption, major vigor and recovery, clarity, purity and restoration

Also depending how you put it, Broken toy, model toy and Whimsical Essence could be considered prenerf? Since new gray giant codes haven't been given in ages

Late edit@ Tattered Girls cape also

Edited once, last by Pleikki (September 30, 2021 at 9:53 PM).

• Also depending how you put it, Broken toy, model toy and Whimsical Essence could be considered prenerf? Since new gray giant codes haven't been given in ages

I'd be hesitant to add this as somebody with an existing unused code could still add a new one to the game couldn't they? Good its been mentioned but I don't think it meets the stated definition of "Prenerf". Anybody else got an opinion on this?

Tattered Girls cape - Is this a quest item? First I've heard of it.