OS BDS Dual chant staff?

• yEaTT4q.jpg

I know of only one other bugged staff like this (however) it doesnt have BDS skin, so I'm wondering if BDS skin makes this incredibly rare? I'm also pretty sure this is one the only two staffs in the game that allow for permanent Shadow Form in pvp with (qz, arcane echo, mimicry) etc. And maybe other cool pve interactions with enchants since you get an extra 15% although no halve recharge or casting time of abilities for protection aside from the innate 20% halve recharge of spells on the staff. :(.

Edited once, last by Sellous (July 4, 2017 at 4:10 AM).

• Official Post

Hold your horses Surge.... isn't that just a BDS which is missing it's inscription slot (otherwise known as naked), with an insightful (20%) and non-max of enchanting (15%) staff mod?

There are several of these floating around. It's rare, but not incredibly rare...
    Zephyr has a collection of naked weapons, and he has a few of these. This phenomenon is more common in Nightfall skins as the drop tables on dungeon end chest items allows for them to drop minus their inscription slot.

Unless I'm missing something....

/EDIT
    Turns out I was missing something...

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

Edited once, last by MaxBorken (July 4, 2017 at 7:26 AM).

• No max. Where do you see an insightful mod? There is no +5e. There is 2 enchant mods. Double enchant. This is fake.

Insightful is +5e. Not 20% enchant. The staff says insightful and then there is no +5e mod.

Having a staff with 2 enchant mods is impossible. This is fake. Staff can have dual fortitude for +60 health with Hale Head and Fortitude Wrapping. It cannot have dual Enchant.

This is so much fake.

• Official Post

Pffft max. It takes a real man to appreciate a nice staff

Haha, if you say so dear.

However, something at the back of my mind, right at the back, in the shadows next to the "random info I once heard about " section is telling me I have heard of a staff like this before. I'm not going to dismiss it as fake so quickly, but then as I always say, sticks were never my thing.

• Maybe Max. But I've seen a lot of staves in my day and I promise that this one is not real. This is just wrong on so many levels.

1. InsightStaff Head +5e mod. There is no +5e on this staff.

2. It is Dual Enchant. The only way to get a dual enchant weapon was a collector sword that was removed from gw about 10 years ago. There is no way to get a dual enchant anything.

3. The enchant mods are in the wrong order. You would assume that the +15 is the inherent because if the 20 was, why not put another 20 on it and make it 40? And if that is the case, the 15 should come before the 20.

4. I've never seen a staff like this and I have basically seen everything.

5. To top it all off, it's a bone dragon staff.

I'm sorry. This is 100% fake unless OP shows it to me in game.

• Official Post

No chance the insightful mod itself is bugged, and is showing as enchant instead? That would do it. I have heard of bugged staff mods before, just never seen one.

But you're probably right of course.

it's bugging me that I have (probably) heard of this before....

• Official Post

Except it doesn't look like an inherent. It looks like a non max staff wrapping salvaged from a blue staff. And it looks like a naked BDS with a bugged insightful staff head to me...

Or a fake.

• There is no reason a bugged inherent +5e head would show as 20% enchant. If this happened for real, how come none of us have ever seen this? I've been collecting staff a long time and never seen this. Mods don't magically poof into different ones.

Until op shows me this in game, it's 100% fake in my book.

• Bugged staffs have been in the game since before double/triple modded shields. Actually the disbelief is even more humorous than people thinking my festival masks aren't real.

yuEpIFO.jpg

There are a lot of items that old pvpers hold onto today most people don't even know exist. For instance some of danjangs old axes have non existant mods today.

*Mod Edit*
    I am aware that our discussion has prompted Sellous to reply, and I can understand why he would. However, We have a rule that you cannot post in your own thread again before 24 hours have passed,. On this occasion as I have been partly responsible for the OP posting again by encouraging the discussion, I feel the mods can let this go with a gentle reminder of the rules.

Perhaps this belongs in Does it Exist? I can't move threads.

Edited once, last by MaxBorken (July 4, 2017 at 8:20 AM).