Guild Wars 1 Push/New Content - I need your Help!

• Don't just naysay, do it! Whats the worst that can happen first of all, and secondly it only takes 5 min away from gw time in hopes to bring alot more life to gw

• Don't just naysay, do it! Whats the worst that can happen first of all, and secondly it only takes 5 min away from gw time in hopes to bring alot more life to gw

do you really think anet is going to listen to 20 people who are going to send 2 emails about a game that barely makes them any money and whose game is the least active of what they have?

and do you really think no one tried it before ?

• For some info here's the thread the last time a letter to ArenaNet was proposed:

ACWhammy
    August 28, 2020 at 4:33 AM
  • i highly doubt that the small developer team that is left for gw1 will do that.

Since the two guys who were doing some work on GW a few years ago (Stephen and Bill!) left the studio, I don't think they have anyone dedicated to GW. They just have a few of the GW2 crew do stuff when its necessary.

Don't just naysay, do it! Whats the worst that can happen first of all, and secondly it only takes 5 min away from gw time in hopes to bring alot more life to gw

As indicated this has been tried before. It's not going to go anywhere. Sure we don't lose anything by sending e-mails, but pointless task is still pointless and it's 2 minutes best spent on something else worthwhile in life.

To be perfectly honest, and to reiterate what I stated in the previous discussion surrounding this topic (New campaign for Guild Wars 1, we can make it happen if there is a will.), I don't want the current ArenaNet doing anything with this game. The crew who built GW2 is not the same crew who built GW, and many of the current team have no idea how to work the code for this game, as I understand it. There are two different philosophies for these two games, and I certainly don't want GW becoming remotely like GW2, which is bound to happen if they re-activate development on the game without any of the original crew who was there in 2005 through 2007.

The best bet is for NCSoft to release the code and put it in the hands of a dedicated community team who has the ability to continue development. Not unlike what happened with Pirates of the Burning Sea, and the rogue server for City of Heroes (which is negotiating with NCSoft for official status). That would be a worthwhile venture. Quite frankly, if a community team formed and set up a rogue server for Guild Wars to show ArenaNet and NCSoft that they could handle running and developing the game, we might actually get some traction on that front.

Edited 2 times, last by BJWyler (January 31, 2022 at 3:32 PM).