• Hi all,

I'm currently stood at Nine Rings slowing working on my Unlucky title. Somehow I have managed to amass way more Lucky than Unlucky, resulting in a 10:1 ratio of Lucky:Unlucky. Looking back I'm a little bit stunned as to how this has occurred. It is also a little bit frustrating given that the optimal ratio afaik is 5:1 in order to max both titles (2.5m Lucky points required versus 500k unlucky points required). I also heard a rumour that it is uncommon for someone to max their lucky before unlucky - is this really the case?

This made me think - what other obscene ratios do other players have on their accounts? For example massive amounts of one faction versus another, or even greater disparities between Lucky and Unlucky? I'm curious - please share!

Devilish

• you might want to read the wiki article about the title:

• Over time, Nine Rings has a (roughly) 14:1 ratio in the corners, a 17:1 ratio on the sides, and a 21:1 ratio in the center.
    • Over time, Rings of Fortune has a (roughly) 3.3:1 ratio regardless of where you stand.
    • Lockpicks offer a 2:1 ratio if you have a 50% chance of retaining your lockpick. Your exact ratio will depend on the titles you have and the chests you open.

means that likely you only played nine rings and your ratio isn't uncommon. in order to push more onto the unlucky you should either do rings of fortune or run chests. on chests those that have 50% retention rate would best serve your purpose of maxing unlucky, so you have a bonus of 10%+(lucky rank)*2%+(treasure hunter rank)*3% to the chest specific retention rate. now I don't know your treasure hunter title rank, so I can't help in specific, but chose a chest that is closest to 50% retention rate and look for an appropriate chestrun there.

see tge wiki article on lockpicks for the chest specific retention rates.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Thanks for the reply Red.

I did have a look at the wiki page and it looks like playing Nine Rings and standing in the corner circle is the quickest way to max Unlucky, yet you suggested I play Rings of Fortune? I assume you meant that if I wanted to bring my ratio closer to 5:1 then I should play Rings of Fortune, not that playing Rings of Fortune is the fastest method to max my Unlucky title. Have I understood you correctly?

I'm not specifically interested in bringing my ratio closer to 5:1. I was more just making the general point that I thought the ratio was high. In fact, as you say, the ratio isn't that high given the probabilities associated with the Nine Rings game (which was the main method I used to max my Lucky title).

More generally, I was intending for this thread to be a place for others to share screenshots of their title ratios, not necessarily for me to seek advice about maxing titles. Hopefully others will share theirs too!

• Well I am working a little project (which is taking some times).

Maxing my lucky/unlucky titles without the rings, or opening a chest who counts towards the title (so no HM, nothing higher than elonian/canthan/kournan chests)

Here is what it looks so far :

• Well I am working a little project (which is taking some times).

Maxing my lucky/unlucky titles without the rings, or opening a chest who counts towards the title (so no HM, nothing higher than elonian/canthan/kournan chests)

Here is what it looks so far :

This is cool! So did you start a fresh account to do this? And do you have 0 in the Treasure Hunter title?

• Thanks for the reply Red.

I did have a look at the wiki page and it looks like playing Nine Rings and standing in the corner circle is the quickest way to max Unlucky, yet you suggested I play Rings of Fortune? I assume you meant that if I wanted to bring my ratio closer to 5:1 then I should play Rings of Fortune, not that playing Rings of Fortune is the fastest method to max my Unlucky title. Have I understood you correctly?

I'm not specifically interested in bringing my ratio closer to 5:1. I was more just making the general point that I thought the ratio was high. In fact, as you say, the ratio isn't that high given the probabilities associated with the Nine Rings game (which was the main method I used to max my Lucky title).

More generally, I was intending for this thread to be a place for others to share screenshots of their title ratios, not necessarily for me to seek advice about maxing titles. Hopefully others will share theirs too!

absolutely correct - sry then I misunderstood the assignment ;) I'll try and think of screening my progress :)

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier