GW2, expansions and the Living Story

• Even though this is a GW forum, I'm sure at least some of you at some point in time, have followed along or read up on the GW2.

I've been following them since day one and a lot of it usually has me shaking my head. A lot of my issues stem from the blatant disregard of the established history. So has anyone else been keeping up with the storylines as of late? What are your thoughts?

• Well, ever since season 3 started they have been going about tying up loose GW1 ends, which I don't think is a bad thing.
    It feels to me that they're actively trying to get those out in order to progress the story and just allows for a richer world.
    GW2 never felt like GW1, because it so blatanly ignored everything from GW1, almost every landmark was destroyed and not a lot of it was left.

With season 2, they have handled these:
    * The White Mantle and the Shining Blade.
    * Livia.
    * Saul D'Alessio
    * Lazarus the Dire
    * Eye of Janthir
    * Demmi Beetlestone and Caudecus Beetlestone (Gw2 only)
    * Scepter of Orr
    * Zinn
    * M.O.X.
    * Dwarves.
    I probably forgot a lot of those, since I did the story so many months ago, but those were really the things that we as GW1 players wanted from GW2 since it launched. A game that gave answers to our questions.
    To that end, I am excited to see what PoF will bring. I hope we'll be able to see the Kodash Bazaar, for example, and Elona Reach is in the new maps.
    It will probably contain so much more GW1 landmarks compared to the GW2 areas...

I feel that the White Mantle story could be handled better, in a longer patch, but in the end we got all the information we wanted. Same goes for everything they handled, it feels that they wanted to give it all a place and tie the storylines together and end them gracefully. And I am glad they did.

What they are doing with Balthazar goes against everything we know about him, but they aren't retconning the living crap out of it - we never knew what happened with Balthazar. The gods just went away... so yeah, they're handling things totally differently, but I am still happy that they are handling it at all.
    Another expansion like Heart of Thorns, which is just new stuff layered upon new stuff or an expansion that takes us to GW1 lands and answers some of our questions? Hell yeah!

We're finally gonna see what happened with that slimy git of a Palawa Joko..

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• It seems you have a few of the same thoughts about the game that I have.

As the stories are progressing, it seems as if Arena net is trying to tie up anything from the past games. My guess is that they're working towards addressing these old characters and stories in an attempt to create their own original storylines, free from having to worry about a past connection. It's starting to feel like they would've been better off creating an entirely new product but instead, chose to piggyback off of the initial success of Guild Wars.

I'm also getting the impression that at the end of PoF, we're going to see a Nightfall 2.0. I believe that Rytlock will take the place of Balthazar as Kormir did for Abaddon, and Aurene will replace Kralkatorrik after Balthazar defeats the elder dragon to balance out the world once more.