Q7 AR 15 Shield Drops

• Getting back into the game, as a challenge my son and i bought new accounts and are starting over.

i'm starting to deck out my monk's weapon sets, and i'm having significant difficulty getting shield sets. back in the day it wasn't hard to find people selling Q8 AR 16 shields, or Q7 AR 15. Since buying from others is less of an option at this point, i'm needing to know what causes low req high armor shields to drop? i've gotten AR 8 no req INSC shields from Kournan chests in NM, and i got an 8/16 shield but no insc slot Vaettir farming over the lucky week (i was floating until i realized it lacked an inscription), but i don't really know where the ideal spots to hope for one of these would be...

i know it needs to be in NF or EotN (or no insc slot).

seems to me low level areas are more likely (i find very few low req items in Vabbi and later in NF)

NM chests seem to drop purples, but all the q8/16 q7/15s that i have are blue items, which won't drop from chests...

i've searched Wiki and not found anything which helped me narrow down my location to hunt for these (if i wanted non Insc double mods i found lots of info)

any information or clues as to where to find these would be much appreciated!

• I would aim for foes level <=20 that are warriors in profession. If you don't care about gold rarity, then you don't need HM. A good and easy place to farm would be the kilroy quest (repeatable). EotN has lots of places with level 20 foes that can be farmed easily (e.g. stone wolves).

• Hard mode generally *will not* drop q8 gold (or purple, basically same drop table) max items, only level 16-21 foes or nm chests with keys worth 300g-450g such as Elonian/maguuma chest in proph, canthan in nf, or kournan chests in nf.

No locked chest in HM is low enough 'level' to drop q8 max.

The only HM foes that are in that range are a few quest/mission specific enemies whose lvl does not scale up for HM, like the group at the beginning of maddock crevice in nf

HM about the best you can usually hope for is blues being max.

Also, was it a kournan chest dropping q0? I highly doubt your memory, it *must* have been an istani chest because a kournan chest is too high level to drop q0.

( Red Fireball in case he wants to add his statistics)

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

Edited once, last by Looney (April 14, 2023 at 7:57 PM).