Vermin Chest Statistics

• Hello,

As promised, I'll go through some of my numbers regarding my 1000 vermin runs! Preceding apologizes for the layout of this post, my editing skills are what they are.

As we all know, 5 chests appear (unless bugged) in xaquang skyway when running in hard mode. The biggest setback of running these in HM is the fact that tomes drop in HM, reducing the amount of weapon drops.

The time of the run ranges from 1min and 20seconds to 2minutes, depending on the amount of chests that spawn and other factors. Different running builds also make a difference of course. Sometimes I also used pcons for the fun of it.

You should consider that the jade chests I looted naturally affected some of the statistics.

Here is the route:

As a twist to mess up my statistics I also looted a jade chest that can be spotted at the entrance of the bridge (if it spawned). The chest around this mob spawned in a little over 12% of my runs. These jade chests also drop salvage items unlike vermin chests.

Important to note: If I remember correctly, all celestial drops in HM Xaquang are gold.

Some numbers:

Total Runs: 1000

Total Gold drops: 1150

Total Celestial drops: 528

Chests Spawned on the route: 1809

Jade Chests Spawned: 123

Average amount of chest/run: 1.809

Avg amount of Gold drops/run: 1.15

Avg gold drops/chest: 0.6357

Avg Celestial drop/run: 0.528

Avg Celestial drop per vermin chest: 0.3132

Some fun statistics:

7 runs of 1000 had 4 chests in the route (0.7%), all of them with the jade chest spawned.

27 runs of 1000 had 0 chests in the route (2.7%). In these cases I would often turn around and run the entire map. ^^

My favourite drop so far from running these chests has to be this bladed. The shield dropped at the beginning of my OS collecting journey and holds a special place in my heart. However, this dropped a long time before I decided to do this 1000 run research.

Another nice drop is a q9 fire 20/20 cockatrice staff, and a ton of other drops of course. A matching 20/20 celestial scepter must be the rarest celestial drop one could loot here, at least in hard mode.

Hope you enjoyed.

-zushi

Edited 3 times, last by zushi (June 3, 2022 at 11:21 AM).

• Thank you for sharing! This is one of my favorite runs as well in both HM and NM (for Q8s).

I am curious for the purpose of rarity, out of the Vermin chests specifically, how many paper lanterns did you get if any?

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Adding my two cents here.

The 7 runs out of 1000 having four chests sounds about right. You noted that all 7 included the nearby jade brotherhood chest, but it IS possible to get a run with 4 vermin chests. In the few thousand runs I’ve done here, I’ve only seen it once (and pretty recently). Pretty sure I noted the locations on that run, will see when I get home.

Agent Chevy i haven’t kept a detailed list of what I’ve gotten (maybe I should start…) but in the several thousand chests I’ve done here, I can remember exactly two lanterns. If that helps :p

IGN: Vengeful Was Unholy
    Discord: Unholy2295
    WTB Pre-nerf Greens -> Information
    My WTB Thread

• Adding my two cents here.

The 7 runs out of 1000 having four chests sounds about right. You noted that all 7 included the nearby jade brotherhood chest, but it IS possible to get a run with 4 vermin chests. In the few thousand runs I’ve done here, I’ve only seen it once (and pretty recently). Pretty sure I noted the locations on that run, will see when I get home.

Agent Chevy i haven’t kept a detailed list of what I’ve gotten (maybe I should start…) but in the several thousand chests I’ve done here, I can remember exactly two lanterns. If that helps :p

Thank you Unholy! That aligns with general expectation and assumptions of the rarity of a Lantern. During the time I tracked my drops at this location, I had 2 out of 857 chests, and I still run there often after I stopped tracking and haven't gotten one since. Of course neither were worth keeping.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Thank you for sharing! This is one of my favorite runs as well in both HM and NM (for Q8s).

I am curious for the purpose of rarity, out of the Vermin chests specifically, how many paper lanterns did you get if any?

My pleasure! Im afraid it's hard to recall after many years, but I think I dont remember getting any gold lanters from these exact 1000 runs :/ I do think one or two purple ones did though.

Adding my two cents here.

4 vermin chests would be sick and good ROI for sure haha