Order of mods - Shields and Focus inscr. impossible to get the "right" order with: armor VS +10 xxx

• Hi,

I couldn't understand why some of my inscribable shields refused to add the +30HP, which i add last, in the "right" order:

I found a discussion on the wiki page, which gives no answer: Talk:Shield: Order of mods, bug ? And i found the answer! .. I don't know whether i'm going to teach someone something or revisit something i've already seen 10,000 times. When you apply an inscription: Armor +10 VS xxx, this will inevitably take last place among the 2 shield mods. Example with the same shield and a different inscription from the first example:

So there's no need to pull your hair out, pray to the 5 gods or buy another shield, it all depends on the mods and nothing else. All that remains is to find you OS shields with the right order for the mods: armor +10 VS xxx. Note: it's the same with focus inscr.

• Neutral_CH January 9, 2024 at 1:40 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Order of mods - Shields inscr. impossible to get the "right" order with: armor VS +10 xxx” to “Order of mods - Shields and Focus inscr. impossible to get the "right" order with: armor VS +10 xxx”.
  • sadly going for os for 10vs xx shields is usually a bad option: the mod is counted as bonus armor, which is capped at +25 and often a build has at least an armor boosting skill that then makes the shield mod useless. inscs +10ar are consodered as core armor and hence do not suffer from the cap. sad game mechanics.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• sadly going for os for 10vs xx shields is usually a bad option: the mod is counted as bonus armor, which is capped at +25 and often a build has at least an armor boosting skill that then makes the shield mod useless. inscs +10ar are consodered as core armor and hence do not suffer from the cap. sad game mechanics.

So, if this is confirmed, then i don't understand certain prices (apart for rarity/collection) like for example with OS shields vs Demon. Edit: after rereading my last sentence, i've come to the conclusion that i don't understand the prices on this game today anyway :D

• yeah well - depending on your build and the circumstances a 10ar os shield can make sense - I don't know sh_t about DoA, but if some do not have a armor boosting skill or the foes generate enough armor reduction on you the mod will still come to effect. insc you do not have the vs demon options etc, so for areas with a variety of mobs of one let's call it category such mod is easily on mind yet I do not think many ppl know the difference between insc and os concerning armor calculation. but it is on the wiki as well.

List of armor effects by category - Guild Wars Wiki (GWW)

see the difference between inherent and inscription. it is confirmed and actually true.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier