• Hey,
    A friend and I have recently returned to GW after a very long break, planning on playing through all campaigns and such. Ran into a bit of a barrier .. we don't have much gold haha.
    Back in the day we did a lot of UW duo and solo farming, most of which have been nerfed now. There used to be an amazing ecto farm that took about 5 minutes and could get up to 3 ectos I think? That was quickly nerfed. We also did quite a lot of running, power levelling and mission services, used to love doing the droks run but there aren't enough people around for stuff like that anymore.

So what are the favourite methods these days?

Thanks

• you can still farm, alot places can be farmed, in DoA, UW, FoW or outside elite missions for high end OS items.
    Most ppl do Speedclear with teams.
    Chest running can be quite profitable
    Trading, prettymuch same ways as before except for that running part, but thesedays its overall easyer make cash.
    Ppl still do mission and vanquish services and runs sometimes but finding the customers ofc is harder.

Edited once, last by Pleikki (December 4, 2017 at 2:09 PM).

• If I had nice stuff I would haha xD

I remember doing UW before skeletons and such. Are there many things you can still do happily with 1 or 2 people? Back then everyone solod because of the loot split, It wasn't worth doing things In a group. Presumably most speed clears require a full skilled team?

• bot ofc

[EDITED]

This being said, there are still Some farm possible and peofitable (uw and fow solo), trade ofc, and Some.
    Remind me when we trade this evening, i'll give more détails :)

**MOD ENTRY — post was edited to remove reference to botting—**

IG: jacke l eventreur

Edited once, last by MaxBorken (December 4, 2017 at 6:25 PM).

• Yeah I'm not that desperate yet :p

We're just looking for something we can do together that we can either duo or team with the two of us and the rest heros. Maybe we'll join a guild and get into speedclears but atm we don't want to have to rely on others or vice versa.

Sure we'll have a chat later :)
    Thanks

Edited once, last by S7ewie (December 4, 2017 at 6:09 PM).

• so bot word is not allowed? wtf.. can you show me rules where that is writed?

Of course it’s allowed. I even used it in this thread. But to start a conversation about it isn’t allowed, so I edited it so as to stop it being a conversation starter. Call it a pre-emptive strike, as the next question could have been how?......

And ironically, here we are having a conversation about it. Don’t turn this into an issue that isn’t there please. Leave it alone now.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

• Back on topic, the lowest hanging fruit is Nick's gifts! One gift is worth at least 5 ectos which you can sell for around 6-7k each. Every week, each account is limited to only 5 gifts so they are extremely rare (which is what makes them so valuable). In other words, if you get 5 gifts, you can make 150k in just a few hours. This week's farm is pretty easy. You can check out Peter Kadar's video for this week's farm:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yeah, I was going to mention nick gifts---some weeks people will pay for the set (trophies) so if you have tons of whatever he is collecting that week you might also make a bit of plat.

Yup and they are actually astonishingly easy to sell. One set can go for around 5 to 10 ectos depending on how difficult it is to farm.

• Another good way is farm faction (so zkeys) in pvp while There is double point week.
    For example, double jq is very easy, because it is full of "forbiden word".

Btw i dont know why max keeps closing his eyes on an existing fact. Saying something exists, and IS a problème to our society doesn't mean you encourage it, in any way.

IG: jacke l eventreur

Edited once, last by jack l eventreur (December 5, 2017 at 5:16 PM).

• 55 hp monk farming is still good way of making money , if you are into oldschool stuff (Bergen Hot Springs/Cursed Land ftw! ).

Nicholas is your best buddy , both in Pre and Post. You guys can play in Pre , perfect for two man team. Some Charr hunting and farming items for Pre Nicholas. Selling the gifts and trading the currency Pre-Post (it's like 1:2 ratio) using trade moderator for safety.

I personally pick up , id and merch all items that drop for me. Gold fills the chest in no time , while doing some basic missions/vanqs etc. I'm keeping some decent drops/salvage mods for sale to other players.

Best place to find customers for outpost running is Spamadan. Got dozens of peope for Eotn Tours/Drok's Runs while trading. Money wise you can get up to 20e per run per customer.

Edit:
    Also farming mats for consets is a gold mine.
    For PvP fix , you can play in FA/JQ , always some real players messing around there on Sat & Sun.

Edited once, last by Ksen (December 5, 2017 at 5:54 PM).

• Hey, welcome back :)
    Many old players are coming back, especially near Christmas that's really nice to see :D

Most of the things have been said : Nicks (Pre/Post) can be very profitable, as well as solo or group farming (still maaaany ways to do it, take a look at PvX or on forums, Facebook group, Discord, etc.).
    For example one of the best way to make money is probably for PvE Speedclear teams, or in PVP HA/GVG especially during Zaishen Quests.

Trading is also a nice way to make good money, but I find it more enjoyable to play and get your own drops :D