PC Oldschool Antiques :)

• Hello all. It looks like the old Guild Wars Guru site has been decommissioned since the last time I jumped online. So, with a little google searching I found this site and it appears to be well sustained.

Well, while my wife was cleaning the house she stumbled upon my old Guild Wars CD's. As nostalgic as I was I re-installed the game and played for about 30 minutes. As I was strolling through my account I was able to find a few weapons that I remember were quite rare for its time (not sure how rare/expensive they are now). With that said I'd like to get a price check for the following three items...

q7_Tower_Shield_2we_2ws.pngq9_Serpent_Axe_13_50.pngq10_Short_Sword_13_unconditional.png

• Wow.

Each of those is worth a small fortune. Exactly how much is impossible to say as it will depend on the bids if you sell. List them for sale here. Do NOT accept private bids, as you’ll massively undersell yourself and rip yourself off. Low ballers are everywhere.

You could be looking at up to a couple of thousand ARMBRACES in total for those awesome relics if you spark a bidwar. All of the notable collectors frequent this site.... (Assuming the serpent axe is Tyrian)

Also, thanks for your kind words about Legacy. We started it the day guru was taken down, intended to keep the community alive.. in fact, we are due to roll out a hugely improved version of Legacy this week, using a greatly improved software engine and a snappy new look. And once that is up and running, we have massive plans to build upon the plain forum you see currently and turn it into the central hub for everything Guildwars.

Max.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

Edited once, last by MaxBorken (January 14, 2018 at 8:15 AM).

• I agree with Max. Please please please do not sell these to any private message. You are sitting on a massive treasure here. Especially the third item. That short sword is worth a massive fortune. My guess? More than 1000a for that sword. Maybe 2000+. That item will go for a massive fortune if it was listed for sale.

Lowballs are everywhere now and would love to steal these items from you for cheap. Again, Please don't sell to any private message offer.

Rare is beyond an understatement for these items, especially the short sword. It's probably the first uncustomized unconditional weapon I have seen in what 5 years? 8 years? It's worth a massive fortune.

• I would add that it may be worth asking for a price check on the other items you have on that account too. Some things from that era have shot up in value in recent years, and you may have other treasures you’re not aware of too.

• Nothing is impossible Max. That said, here are some rough prices.

Q7 Tower Shield 150-250a

Unconditional Short Sword ~ No unconditional weapon has been for sale for many, many years & most are now customised to there owners or on dead accounts. Rough price would be 1750a+, but maybe more ofc. Like swamp clubs, you just don't see them anymore & the short sword skin makes it even rarer.

No clue on the Serpent axe sorry, but like Max said, a lot if it's Tyrian.

I hope this PC is for curiosity reasons and not because you are going to actually sell anything. There really are relics from a time long gone, & i'm sure the memories of obtaining them would definitely be worth more to you than a bunch of silly armbraces. Welcome back, & thanks to your Mrs for enabling you to show us these wonderful relics. :D

~EK~

"Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak."

• well i can say to clueless peeps Serpent is absolutely tyrian. cus 13% = Prenerf and canthan skins never been able drop "prenerf" mods like 12-13% so its 100% Tyrian serpent.

and yeah its impossible say what they do sell for. but i like giving "minimal value" id consider for them

There was Defender like that tower sold 150-160a year ago. Tower shield is Far more rarer then defender, and year prices gone up alot i wouldnt let this go below 250armbraces (seeing q7 wooden buckler go 100-150a atm on legacy this is imo 3-4x nicer tbh)

Serpent axe is impossible to PC phew so what do i say.. Depends on intrest so much but i would say its 100-200a+ too depending intrest more

Now the uncond.. Yah i would never consider anything below 1750a for it. what ppl said above.. Back in day ppl cleaned their whole accounts and sold everyhing to get uncond. imo it should be same now and i feel with armbraces and items going up and up it should be even 2000-3000a

@edit1, now that i think of it this is probably 1st q7 dual red Tower ive ever seen, there are 4-5 Defenders around but i cant ever remember seeing Tower shield so u def got someting rly nice there :)

Edited once, last by Pleikki (January 14, 2018 at 8:48 AM).

• wow, havent seen the likes of those in a very very long time...and I would agree with the pc'ers here, they are gems!

(ok, I dont usually do weapon price check since I know very little---but I do know these are very high end)
    Thanks for sharing and yeah, give the mrs a big hug from the legacy team---and welcome back!

• Had to log in just to register my appreciation for your gear, Starfox. These are truly relics of an ancient world. There's no reason to sell, especially for something like armbraces, which are constantly depreciating....unless you plan on immediately exchanging the assembled for something you value more. Within the guild wars universe, though, there's nothing more valuable than items like these, especially when they are yours and you still feel nostalgia for the game.

If you do decide to sell for some reason, I agree with Pleikki. Your short sword is a reason for a top-notch collector to empty their account for top dollar and hand you a mint. That sword is on the short list of finest items in existence at this moment.

People are taking screenshots and bookmarking this thread. They are digging through the Guru archive looking for your ign. You have been added to friends lists of people who will jump straight up your butt the next time you login. That is for a reason....and that reason (the incredible rarity and value of your sword) is only a small part of the reason why your gear should stay with you forever.

<3[PhD]<3

• (Assuming the serpent axe is Tyrian).

No clue on the Serpent axe sorry, but like Max said, a lot if it's Tyrian.

You guys should know this ;).

On-topic: I can think of only one reason to sell that short sword which I will not disclose here. I agree with Pleikki on the Tower Shield. I would easily throw down 150a or more for the Serpent Axe. And yeah, the Short Sword. If I had XXXX armbraces at my disposal you could expect a XXXX offer. First number would be around a 2 I think.

I would add that it may be worth asking for a price check on the other items you have on that account too. Some things from that era have shot up in value in recent years, and you may have other treasures you’re not aware of too.

I cannot stress this enough, better check to much then let potential armbraces slip through your hands! Items you might think are not special at all might be worth fortunes compared to the old days.

Hope I was any help, welcome back and glad to see legacy is being found by old guru users who missed the shutdown. (Gives me hope to find some people) :)

• I would give these ideas for PCing;

Q7 2/2 - 250a don’t sell below
    Q9 Serpent Axe- nvm I can’t even guess. It’s 13^50, thought it was ^stance
    Unconditional Sword- don’t sell this. Just don’t. There’s no amount of arms imo that is worth it. If you did, a full trade window of arms would maybe, barely be enough.

Edited once, last by Expugnare (January 15, 2018 at 12:48 AM).

• Yeah, and it's buyer own choice to make offers, and buy or not..
    The sellor isn't fully powerfull, if his prices are stupid.
    As an example, take the guy with his q8 crysta "for sell" for years now, i'm afraid he isn't doing what he want with market prices, even with such item

IG: jacke l eventreur

• cosyfiep May 3, 2018 at 6:49 PM

Closed the thread.