• Official Post

Hey peeps,

I'm currently experiencing a dilemma, which most of the collectors probably have encountered.

lLGTPmS.jpgiMyg6G1.jpg

Warriors mostly prefer Strength over Tactics, but for me I also prefer Stances over Enchantments on Warrior. What's also important is that I will match one of these shields with above Platinum Blade. So will I stay true to Strength, but have a 15wSt, -2wE mix or go for the 15wSt, -2wSt combo, but have to deal with Tactics?

So that's one question, I have one more: What other aesthetics dilemma's have you encountered of your own? Please do share, but don't forget these are first world problems, so don't go crying to hard about it ;).

• Emma July 23, 2018 at 1:24 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Aesthetics, how do they matter to you?” to “Aesthetics”.
  • It's been awhile since I played my warrior, but I always loved Tactics.

To me, it seemed that it was always under rated and misunderstood.

I maxed Tactics and totally ignored Strength for some of my favorite builds.

Between Riposte (Which requires a sword equipped anyway), Deadly Riposte & Thrill of Victory,

(not to mention the many stances also available) plus 100 Blades...

Well, you can cut through just about anything with ease.

I myself would definitely go with the Tactics Shield!

As far as aesthetic dilemnas..

The only thing that really bothers me are some of the female armor hems.

Especially on otherwise classy looking elite armor. They look like bowsprits!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone Else Is Already Taken!

• For me, the winning combo is stance sword & stance shied, regardless of the strength/tact dilemma. The answer is to get a +5e version to go with your other shield. :D

I chose a strength shield to go with my enchantments combo as there is no tactics version available. I still sleep very soundly.

"Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak."

• Official Post

So that's one question, I have one more: What other aesthetics dilemma's have you encountered of your own? Please do share, but don't forget these are first world problems, so don't go crying to hard about it ;).

Not really a dilemma there Max? No need to post that set in every thread ;)

• Official Post

Not really a dilemma there Max? No need to post that set in every thread ;)

OK, you're right. That was an easy choice, but I'll show you my workings, explaining how i arrived at that decision.

For me, I'm in a somewhat unique position. Virtually all of my collection poses very serious questions on making a functioning build when using them. For example, these are representative of most of my shields:

m1Sle49.png

Tactics, Stance and Enchanted generally don't go well together, and making a decent build that uses all three is tricky, especially when there are better options.

And then there are the Strength versions:

h48apS3.png

The shields with -3(10%) (or variants) are an obvious choice for me when using strength and stance, especially when using the serpent axe.

But even those have only one real application - a stance warrior. And don’t get me started on my stance/hexed shields......

Which proved to be useless during a recent WAMMO run, where I wanted to use enchantments and a +5e sword. And having only one meant I had to borrow a monk set from EK, just for the sake of variety. So he lent me an ench magmas shield and a Katana:

Ge9U0GS.png

So for me, the dilemma is painfully real. I had to borrow a set to make any sort of attempt at a decent build that wasn't just strength and stance.

Although I do acknowledge that these are particularly irrelevant first world problems when it comes to owning such items. For me, rarity and collectibility comes before usability and function. And the mag / serpent set is so earth shattering, its worth posting every chance I get ;)