Get to know me, Kevin!

• Hello everybody,

I think it's time for me to talk a bit more about who I am, what I do and all of that :). I'll hope you'll like what I post here :p

I'm Kevin, at the time of writing 25 years old and I live in Belgium (known for it's plethora of beers, chocolates, waffles and fries). Professionally, I work as a system administrator but I'm currently trying to move my carreer more into programming (PHP and C#, currently investing quite a lot of time towards learning more C#/.Net).
    Because of my professional experience, I have been able to start up Legacy together with a few people and I'm really proud of what we have become so far - and there's still quite a lot of potential to grow further!

I'm tri-lingual, speaking both Dutch, English and (not entirely fluently though) French.

My hobbies are mainly playing Guild Wars (I do play both Guild Wars 1 and 2, but I strongly favor GW1) or Planet Coaster (I have spent way too many time builidng my entrance building...). Next to that, I try to go to the swimming as often as I can (about 3 times a week), I like to go for a walk from time to time and one of my greatest passions is themeparks.
    I know a bit too much about themeparks and rollercoasters (in most cases, I can tell you who built which ride just by looking at it). My favorite themepark in the world is The Efteling, which I try to visit at least 2 times a year (prefferably in the spring season and once in the winter season, since it's nicely decorated in the winter). If you don't know the Efteling, this video is just enough to tickle your senses:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Efteling's slogan isn't World of Wonders for nothing, it's probably one the most magical places on earth and it's thematization is incredible. Just look at their newest coaster Baron 1898 or De Vliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchmen).
    One of the things that makes it really magical too is that it has a really big Fairytale forest, which is what the park started with. Even today, the original fairytales that are 65 years old are still in the park and are really well-maintained. They added a new fairytale in 2016, Pinnochio. It's breathtaking.

But, enough about that. As you can see, theme parks are quite important to me :P.

I also love music, and in particular I'm a fan of metal. I like the symphonic side of metal, combined with power metal and several others. Bands I enjoy in particular are Ghost, Nightwish, Epica, Delain, Sabaton and others.

About Guild Wars, I started playing it in April 2006. Haven't stopped since. :P

Well, that's about it... Should you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Magical is exactly the word to describe that place. It looks amazing. You couldn't pay me to go on a rollercoaster though.

What about sport? My life revolves around it.

I know, it is truly a special place, I love it there. They have a few rollercoasters, but nothing too extreme - the focus is more on family things compared to the most thrilling ones.
    The Fairy Tale forest in the Efteling is soo big that it can easily take the better part of a day if you want to fully explore it - even after all those times I've been there I can find new things.

They also have 2 of the most beautiful dark rides in the world: Droomvlucht (Dreamflight) and Fata Morgana:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So even if you don't like coasters, there's plenty to do there...

Concerning sport, I have never been quite a sportive guy but I've been trying to better my life in that regard: I try to go swimming three to four times a week, sometimes more. I always try to do 60 laps in the 25 meter swimming pool. I also use my bike quite a lot and like to take a walk. But nothing more than that I fear :P

roller coasters used to be fun....now I cant go on them either.

and since I think everyone knows I am married....got a significant other?

I used to have a girlfriend until September, but I broke up with her because it didn't really work out anymore.
    We were together for 2 years and 7 months, but hey, I'll find my princess one day.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

obey.jpg

Edited once, last by Iaerah (November 26, 2016 at 3:00 PM).

• ah, sorry to hear about your gf (sounded pretty serious if you remember how long you had been together).

(and I cant go on ANY rides anymore--not even its a small world at disney--that one because of the boat, the rest because of an inner ear disorder). Loved to swim when I was younger too, just cant seem to ...well, with my hair it would take hours after swimming to dry it, so while the swimming is great, the hours afterwards just dont justify it---but it is great exercise!

• ah, sorry to hear about your gf (sounded pretty serious if you remember how long you had been together).

(and I cant go on ANY rides anymore--not even its a small world at disney--that one because of the boat, the rest because of an inner ear disorder). Loved to swim when I was younger too, just cant seem to ...well, with my hair it would take hours after swimming to dry it, so while the swimming is great, the hours afterwards just dont justify it---but it is great exercise!

I even proposed to her (in the Efteling, I think it's kinda typical for me...)
    At this castle in the Fairytale forest (the castle of Sleeping Beauty):
    IMG_3063.jpg

She said yes, but in the end it never came to be. Well, I'll find someone with whom I'll marry one day ;).

I hope that those issues don't affect your real-life too much :( wish only the best for all of you!

• Sorry to hear that. One of my former coworkers was in a relationship for 10 years only for it to not work out. I can't imagine what that must feel like.

Regarding sport, I was talking in terms of being a fan, not personal participation. That's not obvious, in retrospect. Soccer (football, as you'd call it) is the main interest in Belgium, is it not?

• Sorry to hear that. One of my former coworkers was in a relationship for 10 years only for it to not work out. I can't imagine what that must feel like.

Regarding sport, I was talking in terms of being a fan, not personal participation. That's not obvious, in retrospect. Soccer (football, as you'd call it) is the main interest in Belgium, is it not?

The sports most popular here are indeed soccer, cycling and cyclocross. I'm not really a fan of sports though... it hasn't ever been really something for me.
    To counter that I put a lot of time into listening to music.

Soccer in Belgium is really strange too, in my opinion. When they're doing great, you see merchandising EVERYWHERE. Absolutely everywhere, everybody talks about them.
    When they lose a single match, the mood totally swings to the opposite. Quite funny.

obey.jpg