• I bought a new copy of the game when it went on sale for 20$ because I wanted to play through without having everything already. Is it possible to beat Proph and Factions just using henchies? I know it will up the difficulty significantly but I wanted to play the game as if it was single player and only use Heros in NF and EotN since they are part of the storyline. Anyone have experience with this?

• Ye can be done and its not that hard, even at all masters, henchs are much better then heros at start without unlocked skills..

When i did this only struggle was Eternal grove masters with hench team cus couldnt split to two sides but had to run across sides

• I play strictly by myself using Henchies at first, then my other characters later as heroes. That having been said, there is always a point you will reach when even a whole party of level 20 heroes won't get the job done. Since I hate to do the same thing more than a couple times I reach a point and call it quits (ascending in the Crystal Desert campaign is a good example) I get what I want out of the game and leave it at that.

• I play strictly by myself using Henchies at first, then my other characters later as heroes. That having been said, there is always a point you will reach when even a whole party of level 20 heroes won't get the job done. Since I hate to do the same thing more than a couple times I reach a point and call it quits (ascending in the Crystal Desert campaign is a good example) I get what I want out of the game and leave it at that.

there are people who have solo prophecies with 0 hero/hench. the crystal desert in particular can be done with henchmen quite easily even as iron man . when this game was in its infancy people employed tactics while playing (luring with a bow, small mobs at a time, corner blocking) if you are struggling it's because you are probably sucking at playing this way and just button mashing/face tanking everything. which is kind of the norm now mesmer hero teams reward lazy play. no offence.

• Btw.You do get one hero in Proph..The Derv Gadd invention. don't want to check wiki but it is outside LA..

The last Lux mission takes time and know how and is about the same as the Enternal Grove.

You mean MOX? Technically it is not a Proph hero since you need the account with P,F,NF access to unlock it but ye it is the earliest hero you can get if you are a P toon. As P, you also get the (more useful) necro Olias if you do the ez quest and you only need P and NF. So strictly speaking, I think P and F does not has any heroes since it was not a concept when those 2 comes out.