Q8/16 OS Ornate Buckler

• Official Post

That’s one of those items that doesn’t really have a set value. It’s very very rare to see a perfect one in r8 with those mods.

It could well be in the 50-150a range, but which end of that it reaches will depend on demand. It could even go higher if there’s a bid war, or it could top out at 30a. No way to know in advance of an auction.

The one piece of advice I’d give you is not to sell it to private offers, because there will be quite a lot of interest, and I’d wager you’ve already had quite a few PMs asking to buy it quick. List it for sale here and watch it go.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

• when a white q8 fellblade sells for 1500e, like it has in the past. this gold q8 perf shield atleast/should fetch 250a++ and more. And this is 2020 now and everything is more valuable/rare. Probably more since there arent many q8 perf shields with those mods. I know there are certain shields ofcourse and a few wants to expand on on this collection and it comes very rare it seems.

• I'd have to highly disagree with OS T. The market he is referring to was 1 1/2 to 2 years ago, and is polar opposite to what is going on right now. The market on a lot of the high end items have drastically declined as of recent and I can use many shields in the past few weeks as reference. The q8t -2ench +30 Crude Shield only sold for 140a, q8s -2stance +45stance Celestial was on the market with 0 bids for a week, q8 Shadow Shield -2e +10 vs sold for 50a, and I myself have found another perfect q8 shield for my collection -2e +10 vs that was also under 50a. There is no denying that is a very desirable shield, and I'm sure you'll have some interest but Max's PC is much more accurate. In my opinion I believe that shield to be between 40-70a, and possibly a bit more if you are fortunate enough to have a solid bid war between buyers. Only posting for sale and entertaining offers will reveal the true value, but expecting 250a+ on this will definitely just lead to disappointment and unrealistic expectations.

Also keep in mind that this is still very much a possible drop to have today, though extremely rare.

Edited once, last by Raining Ecto (July 4, 2020 at 7:24 PM).

• I'd have to highly disagree with OS T. The market he is referring to was 1 1/2 to 2 years ago, and is polar opposite to what is going on right now. The market on a lot of the high end items have drastically declined as of recent and I can use many shields in the past few weeks as reference. The q8t -2ench +30 Crude Shield only sold for 140a, q8s -2stance +45stance Celestial was on the market with 0 bids for a week, q8 Shadow Shield -2e +10 vs sold for 50a, and I myself have found another perfect q8 shield for my collection -2e +10 vs that was also under 50a. There is no denying that is a very desirable shield, and I'm sure you'll have some interest but Max's PC is much more accurate. In my opinion I believe that shield to be between 40-70a, and possibly a bit more if you are fortunate enough to have a solid bid war between buyers. Only posting for sale and entertaining offers will reveal the true value, but expecting 250a+ on this will definitely just lead to disappointment and unrealistic expectations.

Also keep in mind that this is still very much a possible drop to have today, though extremely rare.

perhaps you are right, the value of expensive os items have declined,that I agree on. But I merely took that q8 fellblade as an example on how ludicrous the market can be. I also dont think its fair to compare vs 10 -2 shield to a q8 30hp -5 20% shield which is much more valuable and rare and sought after. I cant recall a trade for a q8 shield either tac/str 30hp -5 20% been sold for minimum of 40-70a. So its perhaps not that high as that. But if anyone would sell the eternal shield q8 30hp -5 20% or the celestial one I think (if I'm wrong,sorry) I dont think the person(s) would sell sch a rare shield for as low as 70a. I mean 70a is still alot of money,but ppl who collect these shields also have alot of money to spend so. For either of them to sell a shield like that, also the skin comes into play of the price range I think they would ask atleast 250a for either of em.

People say that all the time thats its possible to drop a shield like that,but I have yet seen any proof so thats grasping at straws. You can pretty much say that with every skin and and the desired mods and whatever q.

But I wouldnt sell a shield like that for 40-70a, I would rather just keep it and wait. But its the sellers choice

• Official Post

So you’re saying a shield that can still drop today will attract offers two times higher than those for a r8 Tyrian serpent axe?

I don’t know how you’ve arrived at that conclusion, but you’re very wrong. The market for the really top end stuff has fallen sharply recently.

Please don’t pull random numbers out of the air, especially without paying attention to current market conditions first - it creates massive over expectation for the seller.

• OST logic:

Item A sold for x.

Therefore Item B should sell for 10x.

Item A and B are not related. Have different supply and demand ratios and will be sold at different times under different conditions.

**Mod Edit**

Stay civil, no flaming. Keep to the topic of the price check in hand. Forum rules.

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

Edited once, last by bsoltan: mod edit. (July 5, 2020 at 1:11 AM).

• nice shield, but one of the worst skin of the game (not to say THE worst).

besides, it's useless in game, it's a colector item. which, to me, decreases its value.

i would PC it at 100 range, maybe a bit less.

hope for a bidwar, and you may get that triple digit arms :)

gl !

Édit : My bad on skin, thought it was reinforced bunckler...

You should indeed look for 100+ a

Gl

IG: jacke l eventreur

Edited once, last by jack l eventreur (July 6, 2020 at 3:20 PM).

• OST logic:

Item A sold for x.

Therefore Item B should sell for 10x.

Item A and B are not related. Have different supply and demand ratios and will be sold at different times under different conditions.

What is wrong with you?????
    I'm just giving my opinion on a pc,you going out of your way to attack/insult me.

Just ask EK to sell his embla q8 30hp -5 20% shield for 40-70a,more realistically would be upwards of 500a atleast 250a

Ofcourse there are supply and demand,but I wouldnt sell a shield like from Max PC.
    and my pc is not 10x the value from item A to Item B.

• Dear OST,

"when a white q8 fellblade sells for 1500e, like it has in the past. this gold q8 perf shield atleast/should fetch 250a++ and more"

Item A = Fellblade (1500e)

Item B = Orante (250a+)

Pick up a calculator. Thats roughly 10x depending on how you factor armbrace value compared to ecto from an item sold in the past + whatever the "+" means in 250+.

You pick 250a out of nowhere then reference and unrelated item as justification for it. Then you add "And this is 2020 now and everything is more valuable/rare". That is not a price check its a guess and its worthless information.

Prices do not scale linear to rarity. Price is the result of the relationship between supply and demand. You didn't attempt to quantify either or reference past sales as a rough guide for future expectations.

Regards,

Pyro

**Mod Edit**

Stay civil, no flaming. Keep to the topic of the price check in hand. Forum rules.

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

Edited once, last by bsoltan: mod edit (July 5, 2020 at 1:13 AM).

• So you’re saying a shield that can still drop today will attract offers two times higher than those for a r8 Tyrian serpent axe?

I don’t know how you’ve arrived at that conclusion, but you’re very wrong. The market for the really top end stuff has fallen sharply recently.

Please don’t pull random numbers out of the air, especially without paying attention to current market conditions first - it creates massive over expectation for the seller.

A shield like that is close to impossible to drop in q8 with those mods.I say there are bigger chance of me winning the lottery than getting a q8 shield like that as a drop. I dont really care what you sell the tyrian serpent axe for,but your rb is 500a,and I would wager for the bo you would want atleast 650a. And I'm not sure what r8 tyrian you are comparing two times the price other the one you are selling ??? Just because you have offers on the serpent axe @ 110a for example, does not mean its not worth more. Im not sitting here and let ppl PC a shield with those perfect inherint mods on a shield and q8,even if its a common skin. Its q8 with 30hp -5 20% and it should be 150a atleast.

I havent been following the market as of late so maybe I'm talking out of my ass as you put it, but PC a shield like that for 40-70a is insane. Some point the high-end market will creep back up again and the value has risen by much.

the OT can ignore my pc,its up to him, I wouldnt sell a shield like that for the pc range of 40-70a if I was him.

• I wouldn't sell this for less than 100a. The market may or may not have it take a while; your sales post will tell you that.

But, I'd recommend taking your time with the sale. Regardless of the skin, perfect desirable mods attract collectors and make it worth taking your time for sales.

If you're in a hurry to sell, then you'll probably get the lower end of Max's PC imo.

• cosyfiep September 10, 2020 at 6:13 PM

Closed the thread.