Chest running for CELESTIALS + Few questions about chest running

• Hello,

me and my friend wanted to try to drop a few celestials staffs so we decided to try to chest run the mission in nahapui quarters but there was 0 chests all around the map ! We did the run 3 times in NM.

Do you guys have an idea why ? When we did the mission killing the mobs chest were there.

What would be the best chest run (or farm) to drop celestials (staffs especially and scepters, i dont rly care about axe hammer daggers sword etc) skins ?

I know there is the mantide farm outside the quarters but the mantides do not drop celestial staff right ? I did multiple runs and never got any but dropped plenty of shields/hamemr/daggers/swords/axe. A chest pops sometimes around the mantides but not always and this can drop celestial staff.

I know the vermine also drop celestial

And a more general question : does favor of the gods play a role on the chests :

do you drop more gold (when favor is on) from chests ?

do favor increase the "rarity" of the drops (like for exemple u are more likely to drop bo staff / paper fans etc... rare skins) ?

Thanks in advance ! :)

• vermin are probably most popular cele item farm - also chestruns near them. Nahpui can be soloed as 600HP monk in HM for quite a lot celestial item drops. The chests in the mission spawn with the celestials from killing bosses, but there are some without killing as well. (at least there were). I´d recommend the solo-farm - you can even sometimes see them weilding a celestial weapon in battle - then the chance for them actually dropping it is very high. So you could aim for a rush/snipe kind of build to check for the rits weilding cele staves. but others do drop them as well occasionally, so just killing everything is just fine :)

do favor increase the "rarity" of the drops (like for exemple u are more likely to drop bo staff / paper fans etc... rare skins) ?

nop

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• And a more general question : does favor of the gods play a role on the chests :

do you drop more gold (when favor is on) from chests ?

No, speculation.

• Thank you both for your answers,

i'll check and find the build to farm the celestial.

I guess the chests only appears after you kill the first boss now a days ? because it must have been farm too much back in the days :(

It's hard to snipe the rit cause they have an alterated weapon on them so you can't rly see if they have a celestial staff :(

• with spoil victor and that signet from smiting prayers... what's its name again? You can kill the starlights

I put together my own build back then - no clue if or if not it is found anywhere if searching for nahpui farm - basically go for a 600hp monk - even though the core skill has been nerfed at a point - it still works

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• I guess the chests only appears after you kill the first boss now a days ? because it must have been farm too much back in the days :(

Not sure, but I'd expect chests can spawn after killing any boss, also 2nd/3rd/4th. So chest running the mission is very inefficient probaby.

Sometimes you can get lucky with a couple chests in the mission w/o killing any of the bosses. But it's very likely that you don't see any chests for multiple runs at a time.

I often farm that mission with my Ranger, in hopes of q8 drops in NM. Pretty easy to ball up large groups and whirl them to death. Sometimes I just run through the mission specifically looking for the ones wielding Celestial Weps, and ball a large amount around them. Other times, I'll just focus on farming the spots that I can easily pull many groups to ball and whirl. Lots of Feathers. Not as much Celestial drops as the Chest runs and farms in other areas, but very consistent with celestial bows/shields/swords, as you can visually see which enemies have them. I'd say it's very rare to get any other Celestial Skin drop in that mission. Also good place for Cren Swords.

If you're specifically after Staves/Scepters, I would stick with chest running Xaquang Skyway HM; you'll get tons of Celestial Drops.

• hey, in the explorable area of xaquang skyway, vermins are lvl 18 ( and if u are lucky, will have 3 chest only in vermins..) and the rest of foes are lvl 20, i see a fellblade drop from this jade* foes, if want a q7-8 chance i think is a great place, can do easy hm chest run but i think the beauty of this zone is try to take low req drop