Posts by OS T

here are some easy things they can add to the store to raise capital:

the preorder codes

the promo mini pets

a collector's edition upgrade

all these are already in the game and how hard would it be for them to generate new codes

its called preorder codes for a reason, if you miss out on them you cant get em.

the promo pets would just be stupid to bring back.

Same with the CE, you had the chance to buy when the new expansion/proph/cantha,nf packs was released,if you didnt buy them.tough shitt.

you probably would want codes to max out any titles on the store right?

The thing is that you wouldnt need to be force to get those ranks if you dont like to play AB/FA. The same way i dont enjoy logging an alt and farming codex for 8 years, or afking in nine rings. So the key point its just making r12 count for max koabd and hall of monuments, and having the other as an extra. Have in mind there have been even people moving an AB map on fridays and having idk 24-48 people playing ab for fun, imagine if they updated the rank, or even make new brand FA/AB ranks, as a motivation. The other pvp ranks are already long term goals (if you want to get them).

In conclusion, give the people an objective to keep playing FA/AB apart from "fun" , so games keep happening with some kind of competition/fun. And stop losing players.

I agree,you wouldnt need to be forced, but if you are a title whore and want that title, you kinda have to force yourself on certain titles even if they exhausting and boring. Well you can just stop at rank 5 I think and you can add it to your HoM, and rest of the ranks are for the max title. You can play it like that if you want.

When it comes to a game that has been played for 15years, its impossible not to lose players over time.

you still get an incentive to play FA/AB, you get faction and some pvp, not everything you do have to rewarded,but its competitive and a goal to work towards for sure. as I said on a earlier post, I would love for a AB title track, and perhaps FA swell. I think that would be incentive enough to get back for many. But not incresing the r12 lux/kurz title track.

I like this debate a lot tbh xD

Lets compare, you have FA, AB, MQSC, Urgoz, Deep, Challenges still active to play and alive at certain days. You can max this titles very fast, and already 90% of the people have them. And on the other hand you have titles like Codex which takes +6 years to get, and theres literally 0 real games. Something is not working here. I dont see why all the titles should be updated with no reason behind it. GvG its imposible to farm the title, unless you have 15 acc and manipulates the game hard. RA could take you years and years, how many ra r12 have you seen? 1, 2? and how many of those didnt got ban by a miracle because they farmed pts at dead hours with alts. HA would be the only other title that could be suggested to update, and its not even comparable the amount of ppl that has r12 kurz/lux to r15 ha.

On the other hand you could see the positive effects of having more amount of games and more competitive/fun games. Aswell as not forcing ppl that dont wanna grind the title for Koabd or hall of monuments.

And i mean, i understand your point of you can do your personal records. But seriously whos gonna do that? for something you cannot show to anyone. You could have 10M points or 500M points that no1 is gonna see the difference. I "was thinking on working on my personal kurz record of 20M", im at 19M atm, but i never work on this, i just play casually if the games tends to not be fun, which happens sometimes, i just stop, because there isnt much difference in winning, losing. Barely no1 is working anymore on the titles but just playing a few games for fun and they will soon switch to another game because theres no long term goal, in a game with no new content.

Well,pvp titles takes ages to complete ad HA title is the only one you can farm for fame.

The amount of jq,ab,fa,urgoz and deep is for fun and drops and a chance to get some rare items that exlusive to deep/urgoz and for faction. MTSC and MQSC is mainly for farming the faction points when is AB is not active, JQ gets boring real fast and FA event happens from time to time

I mean this its not really needed to do anything further, since you are doing a 20m goal, you can still casually do titles without farming it endlessly and increasing your total. I mean back in the day drok cave farming was the thing everyone was doing and you got a lot of XP from that, and people ended up with insane amount of xp to share with other players. Even if you dont get increased title rank,20m is still impressive and good on you working on it from time to time.

I would love a AB title tho, that would been nice to have.
    Adding more ranks on kurz/lux would just bore me to death, its 1 of the titles that I really dont like doing. so for me its better the way kurz/lux title is right now.
    You can show your total. We could add a new thread for showing the huge amount of kurz and lux points on gwl here that would give a competition for chest running,luxon,kurzick and other titles just for the funs

This game have been out for more or less 15years so people finding things to do in gw goes away with time. Thats understandable. No1 wants to farm kurz/lux points straight for 2years just to have a insane long term goal. I spent 7 months on doing Treasure hunter title and getting the title 10k chests was my end goal. I spent anything from 40min - 5hours each day and I dont want to through that again even if the title rank would be increased. That would probably kill any interest I have for the title.

Theres a big difference between Kurz/Lux title and the rest of the pvp/account titles. It could take you 2 months to max this titles even if you start fresh, while the other titles could take you years of grinding and much more tedious that these ones (you can even max them by playing casually). And and i dont even care about what does count as max or not, okay people wanna have their r12 already as max, sure. But have something as a more long term goal to have an objective and more fun games.

If you tell me the game is still alive in 2035 and there is no new content, but people wanna keep playing and having goals... I wouldnt see whats the problem in updating the account titles that have become really easy to get or that most of the people have them. Even if they dont count as max, but just as an extra thing to do.

I agree on the first paragraph,except the r12 to r15 part of it. You can still have goals to be able get kurz/lux to 100m,but the different is that it wont count towards anything. If they would add more ranks, they have to do it on all titles. if they were to increase the ranks on all titles, that would give alot more incentive to people to come back and title hunters would just continue to get to the max rank.
    I forgot to mention HoM earlier,but HoM is just stupid and only benefits GW2. I mean its basically e-peen museum that only people that are playing gw2 wants that 50/50.

You can still add and add kurz/lux faction to your title even if its r12, so it doesnt really matter now does it? As pleikki is doing,having like 40k chests,the title stopped at 10k,but he is still pushing beyond the title. Same goes for kurz/lux.

Haha yeah you guys are right, should just write to anet "dead game dont bother"

But this is just a discussion anyway, so it doesnt really matter what we say.
    Wouldnt this look good on party menu on your gw client:
    Normal Mode

Hard Mode

Ironman Mode

we should probably add Meta Mode aswell
    And oldschool Mode since we are getting started
    What about no elite skill mode.

Ironman mode,meta and olschool can be played normally by using the rules you set out and there vice vi doesnt need an a whole mode to implement something like 2% of players wants to start a trend. When the rest of veteran playerbase have been through this in the timeframe of 2005-2006

Easy, make r12 kurz/lux count as max title when you get it towards kind of a big deal and Hall Of Monuments. But make r15 posible as an extra for a lot of people that likes to keep playing AB/FA/JQ/MQSC/Deep/Urgoz... that they are quite a lot. There would be even more fun games since people will be more motivated towards it. I dont see how it could harm the game, but make it more fun. Making 10Millions was hard in 2007, making 10M nowadays... its really easy (and if you have been playing 10 years i doubt you dont have it), not even comparable to getting any of the other max pvp ranks.

Global Looking For Group, wasnt that necessary back then when there was 5 district in temple of ages, 2 districts in XXX etc... nowadays that there are not that amount of population, but people still wanting to play would fit much more. You cant just go into one city and wait 3 hours to play something.

GW Vanilla, eeemmm... World of Warcraft have had 15 years of active game development, so there is much more things and some differences between the game we have today and Classic WoW. GW Pretty much stoped development in 2007. The game is already vanilla.

Shop collector edition codes. The game is 15 years old... do you prefer having people buying these stuff on Amazon, or giving that money to Arenanet via Shop? idk...

I guess you could just have a r12 to be max as it is now, I just dont see it, if they would increase the ranks, they would have to increase all other ranks as well.
    I agree when doing FFA runs in kurzick in 2007, I did this way back and it was really tedious, you can farm up to 700k faction on 1 day, I have farmed around 650k kurz faction in 1 day, so its alot more easier,but its still boring and tedious.

I know global lookup for group wasnt back then, and even now. I'm not talking about TOA, droks. I'm talking more about normal outposts and mission outpost.

Thats not really what vanilla is tho, just because gw stopped development as you say in 2007 doesnt make it vanilla. I'm thinking more of no stupid heros,no cons, usual team builds that worked in pve and pvp, like the tradional way of teams back then

I dont really care if you buy it or not buying it all. you can get them anyway you want. Funny how now after 15y some people really want that glow on their account,but cant. Instead they have to make a new account. That was your choice back and I dont think Anet should make it possible, it adds to the uniqueness and how awesome the proph CE is. If that wasnt in your priority when you started gw, thats your problem.

If you need help with coding or anything IT related feel free to drop me a dm.

I'd say there are some great tutorials over the internet but if you're just attempting without having the basic knowledge you won't go far without struggling. As a starter you should read about the basic of loops if you're working with anything other than python, vectorization if you work with python. Also read about time complexity since it's better to start with the good programming basis. If you don't understand anything about time complexity, just leave it aside but it will come handy if you want to build an app on your own at some point !

And perhaps begin with an easy to learn language such as JAVA or Python. Leave C,C#,C++, php aside.

Thanks for the offer,but I tried 2years with programming on a University nearby where I live. I tried HTML and CSS which was really fun,Java,javascript,C#,some Linux programming,PHP programming for WordPress,C++. and SQL After some time I abandoned my Bachelor degree because I couldnt handle it. I tried to understand the basics and how build upon for programs with different line codes that does certain things. I had problems with the syntax for normal loop,foreach loops, variables. I never got the hang of it. I mean programmers professionaly dont have this problem,but everything takes time to program,even the miniscule things.

I haven't worked for anet so I can't tell you how long it would take, but the guy who updated the game recently did it on his free time. I'm glad he has other things to do rather than updating an old game he's probably not even playing anymore lol

I havent worked with coding myself, but I have attempted to code with several languages and I struggled, ofcourse the devs know the coding language so they are proficient. I'm fully aware of that he did this on his sparetime. I want to emphasize on amount of time it takes for 1 person to implement the storage and inventory update.
    I totally agree with you here when quoting Macdaddy above.

This is just wishful thinking,but in reality I dont think anything else will happen in gw1 anymore.

If it takes you forever to implement a simple paint brush in java, I think you need to ask for a refund of your degree..

In all seriousness , ironman mode wouldn't bring anything to the game.

You can already do it on your own and the game is pretty much dead, not worth the amount of money it'd take to make such an upgrade. It might not be hard or very time consuming but it's still a couple of hours the dev would basically waste, rather than implementing the latest gw2 cash shop cosmetic that would bring much more cash than the 5ppl who would have a use for this ironman mode..

What I meant by saying that coding is not that straightforward. and even the smallest changes takes time. It would be alot more than a few hours. I took 1 person like 7months to get gw players bigger inventory bags with zaishen. Even tho its just a mode, I dont think its its that simple waste a dev for a few hours.

Ah well just throwing it out there, tbh in my opinion its the easiest development with biggest potential in drawling more attention to gw1 / bringing in new or returning players. If you check reddit or watch twitch streams, "ironman" mode is one of the most talked about topics for these types of players. Trying to stop bots/goldsellers/new titles wont really bring an influx of people imo. Actual "new" content I feel is way too big of an ask (and I feel ironman mode would actually bring in more people than like a missionpack).

so because its talked about I guess that warrants a new mode huh:rolleyes:. very few gw players watch twitch with ironman content. Unless there is a title for ironman I dont think it needed, besides every gw player have played through the game with hencies,acquiring new skills in cities only, doing missions with henchies and there was no titles back then either, so its rather pointless. I dont think such a small implementation of new content in gw would give gw more popularity. It needs like a huge campaign with titles, dungeons,story,heros, new weapons.

AB/FA(JQ isnt a mode. I would really hate if they increased the rank to 15. that is so much more faction needed to get to r15 and I think it would just annoy people who already have the max kurz/lux title already.

Global pugging would be a nice feature for sure, back in the day. Nowadays people rather do things their own way with heroes and doesnt want real players. Most people just form in gh in guild/ac either way

shop: I dont think anet should add collectors in the store,its collector for a reason,not the devs fault for you not getting CE when it was released its only those who are regretting to not have bought it when it was released, or those players began playing gw later and missed the CE perks. And it just makes me think you are only interested in the glowing hands and pets for factions and nf. I have CE for proph,factions and NF and I have the OST, the maps and a good looking box.

Besides, this is minimum 10years late, and it wont happen today, no campaign or any new mode. Only thing I really would want is what wow has,the vanilla servers so those who want can go back and experience it how it was way back when. That is something people would come back to gw to play.

But Blizzard is able fund this by demanding subscription and wow is pretty popular still and gw does not have monthly subscription so they wouldnt get any revenue back from it, they would have add a subscription or a web store for cosmetics/p2w which gw does not have. gw store do have cosmetics change and some dresses, but thats not what I mean. Aion has the web store and you can buy expensive things and resell them ing and I hate that and it would destroy gw if that came to gw.

Hmm I just did /age and my account is 178 months old, pretty sure I experienced the beginning of guildwars (or atleast close to it). I'm just saying something like this sounds like it would take minimal development / it seemed to have worked pretty well for osrs.

EDIT: This is something I think would also bring the most amount of people back to GW with the least amount of development. TBH releasing 2 new levels of koabd probably means nothing to that target audience.

so you say, but in all seriousness tho,it sounds it would take minimal development, but it takes a long time to code anything in any language. . Well this is not osrs,and why would anyone want a ironman mode??? we have nm which have been in gw since the beginning of gw which didnt have a name. Until hm came and upped the challenge.
    Ironman seems like a restriction challenge, you can do regardless of nm and hm right now so it renders any development that is needed, NULL.

I would love to have 2 new levels of koabd, it would also give me some more boost on to try and get 40 titles. but as title hunter I would like that,not that I would get that this late in the game.

stop with dumb ironman,everyone did this back when gw was released. It make soo much sense to have nm,hm and ironman mode and hardcore hm mode.

I think we'd all like a major release like a new mission pack or campaign, but realistically not going to happen. However I think a fairly easy development that could have the potential to bring in a decent resurgence would be to create an official "ironman" and "hardcore ironman" game modes. Not sure how hard it would be to develop this, but it doesn't sound too hard to remove the storage/player trade options for ironman add some text next to names and a few other features, and account deletion in hardcore ironman. Could be a fairly easy development to determine if updates would bring players back or not.

EDIT: Would be cool to have some sort of xp leaderboard for hardcore ironmen as well.

stop with the dumb ironman,everyone did this back when gw was released., just becaues you didnt experiene the beginning of gw does not mean it should be a stupid mode forced on players. It make soo much sense to have nm,hm and ironman mode and hardcore hm mode. This is just you talking, I know that.

I rather would want new titles and atleast 2 new koabd ranks like 35 and 40. But this wont happen either so.

Fine, I retract everything I said about the PC. Most PCs are guess either way,you only have to compare em to other q8 30hp -5 20% shields. And the embla and this shield is not comparable. I know that.

So you’re saying a shield that can still drop today will attract offers two times higher than those for a r8 Tyrian serpent axe?

I don’t know how you’ve arrived at that conclusion, but you’re very wrong. The market for the really top end stuff has fallen sharply recently.

Please don’t pull random numbers out of the air, especially without paying attention to current market conditions first - it creates massive over expectation for the seller.

A shield like that is close to impossible to drop in q8 with those mods.I say there are bigger chance of me winning the lottery than getting a q8 shield like that as a drop. I dont really care what you sell the tyrian serpent axe for,but your rb is 500a,and I would wager for the bo you would want atleast 650a. And I'm not sure what r8 tyrian you are comparing two times the price other the one you are selling ??? Just because you have offers on the serpent axe @ 110a for example, does not mean its not worth more. Im not sitting here and let ppl PC a shield with those perfect inherint mods on a shield and q8,even if its a common skin. Its q8 with 30hp -5 20% and it should be 150a atleast.

I havent been following the market as of late so maybe I'm talking out of my ass as you put it, but PC a shield like that for 40-70a is insane. Some point the high-end market will creep back up again and the value has risen by much.

the OT can ignore my pc,its up to him, I wouldnt sell a shield like that for the pc range of 40-70a if I was him.

OST logic:

Item A sold for x.

Therefore Item B should sell for 10x.

Item A and B are not related. Have different supply and demand ratios and will be sold at different times under different conditions.

What is wrong with you?????
    I'm just giving my opinion on a pc,you going out of your way to attack/insult me.

Just ask EK to sell his embla q8 30hp -5 20% shield for 40-70a,more realistically would be upwards of 500a atleast 250a

Ofcourse there are supply and demand,but I wouldnt sell a shield like from Max PC.
    and my pc is not 10x the value from item A to Item B.

I'd have to highly disagree with OS T. The market he is referring to was 1 1/2 to 2 years ago, and is polar opposite to what is going on right now. The market on a lot of the high end items have drastically declined as of recent and I can use many shields in the past few weeks as reference. The q8t -2ench +30 Crude Shield only sold for 140a, q8s -2stance +45stance Celestial was on the market with 0 bids for a week, q8 Shadow Shield -2e +10 vs sold for 50a, and I myself have found another perfect q8 shield for my collection -2e +10 vs that was also under 50a. There is no denying that is a very desirable shield, and I'm sure you'll have some interest but Max's PC is much more accurate. In my opinion I believe that shield to be between 40-70a, and possibly a bit more if you are fortunate enough to have a solid bid war between buyers. Only posting for sale and entertaining offers will reveal the true value, but expecting 250a+ on this will definitely just lead to disappointment and unrealistic expectations.

Also keep in mind that this is still very much a possible drop to have today, though extremely rare.

perhaps you are right, the value of expensive os items have declined,that I agree on. But I merely took that q8 fellblade as an example on how ludicrous the market can be. I also dont think its fair to compare vs 10 -2 shield to a q8 30hp -5 20% shield which is much more valuable and rare and sought after. I cant recall a trade for a q8 shield either tac/str 30hp -5 20% been sold for minimum of 40-70a. So its perhaps not that high as that. But if anyone would sell the eternal shield q8 30hp -5 20% or the celestial one I think (if I'm wrong,sorry) I dont think the person(s) would sell sch a rare shield for as low as 70a. I mean 70a is still alot of money,but ppl who collect these shields also have alot of money to spend so. For either of them to sell a shield like that, also the skin comes into play of the price range I think they would ask atleast 250a for either of em.

People say that all the time thats its possible to drop a shield like that,but I have yet seen any proof so thats grasping at straws. You can pretty much say that with every skin and and the desired mods and whatever q.

But I wouldnt sell a shield like that for 40-70a, I would rather just keep it and wait. But its the sellers choice

when a white q8 fellblade sells for 1500e, like it has in the past. this gold q8 perf shield atleast/should fetch 250a++ and more. And this is 2020 now and everything is more valuable/rare. Probably more since there arent many q8 perf shields with those mods. I know there are certain shields ofcourse and a few wants to expand on on this collection and it comes very rare it seems.