Open Letter to Anet is now live!

• To put another example: GvG has less monthly players than FA/AB, however paradoxically it has his own title, special drops from strongboxes and the chance of wining capes for your guild. While in AB/FA people are just left with "fun" and nothing else, idk, i dont see this as positive to the game call me weird.

PD: Sorry for double post xD

PD2: Hunting/competing for something can aslo become fun, aswell as brining more players to the mode or mantaining it alive.

Anet: nothing is gonna happen, we even got a costume away 6 years from the shop and no1 cared.

• The thing is that you wouldnt need to be force to get those ranks if you dont like to play AB/FA. The same way i dont enjoy logging an alt and farming codex for 8 years, or afking in nine rings. So the key point its just making r12 count for max koabd and hall of monuments, and having the other as an extra. Have in mind there have been even people moving an AB map on fridays and having idk 24-48 people playing ab for fun, imagine if they updated the rank, or even make new brand FA/AB ranks, as a motivation. The other pvp ranks are already long term goals (if you want to get them).

In conclusion, give the people an objective to keep playing FA/AB apart from "fun" , so games keep happening with some kind of competition/fun. And stop losing players.

I agree,you wouldnt need to be forced, but if you are a title whore and want that title, you kinda have to force yourself on certain titles even if they exhausting and boring. Well you can just stop at rank 5 I think and you can add it to your HoM, and rest of the ranks are for the max title. You can play it like that if you want.

When it comes to a game that has been played for 15years, its impossible not to lose players over time.

you still get an incentive to play FA/AB, you get faction and some pvp, not everything you do have to rewarded,but its competitive and a goal to work towards for sure. as I said on a earlier post, I would love for a AB title track, and perhaps FA swell. I think that would be incentive enough to get back for many. But not incresing the r12 lux/kurz title track.

• I like this debate a lot tbh xD

Lets compare, you have FA, AB, MQSC, Urgoz, Deep, Challenges still active to play and alive at certain days. You can max this titles very fast, and already 90% of the people have them. And on the other hand you have titles like Codex which takes +6 years to get, and theres literally 0 real games. Something is not working here. I dont see why all the titles should be updated with no reason behind it. GvG its imposible to farm the title, unless you have 15 acc and manipulates the game hard and even if you do so youll need x50 times of kurz/lux. RA could take you years and years, how many ra r12 have you seen? 1, 2? and how many of those didnt got ban by a miracle because they farmed pts at dead hours with alts. HA would be the only other title that could be suggested to update, and its not even comparable the amount of ppl that has r12 kurz/lux to r15 ha.

Far too many G12 since the 2014 exploit, most don't desplay it. (as a side note a certain guild trader abused it to get his g12 aswell as begging HA syncers to keep him a spot in the runs).

Legit G12 just like legit Skillz 12 & R15 were not common back then but now there are far too many of those..

I wouldn't mind if they removed all the codex/Hero/glad/gamer titles aquired post 2012

• https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-gu…egins-tomorrow/

I guess cries for help have been answered. New weapons and elite skills? Maybe not dead game :p This announcement came at the perfect time lmao

That does look nice with some new weapons, I just hope the elite skill arent too OP. I will check this out the 22th in gw.

• I think the bottom line for Anet doing anything for [and/or with] GW1 is absurd.

Why?

Money. Money talks, and everything else walks. Plain and simple. If Arenanet ever re-directed any of their resources to GW1, it'd be because there's a big enough market [customers/users], and profit[cash/money] to be made from them. I think they're actually making a killing off of GW1 even as we speak. Think about it.

Anet killed the economy in a variety of ways, essentially forcing players to turn to gold-buying from online vendors if they want to make any timely progress. They implemented the idea of item-price-fluctuation [namely to increase them; this makes players buy more gold] so that they can make it harder to buy them [and thus need more gold; more clientele for gold websites]. They also nerfed/reduced all solo-farming drops [see: anti-farm code; gold sites also sell drops fyi] to create more item-demand for their online shop sales. They currently allow gold spammers to thrive and create an artificial dependency for its users, and exploit any and every desire of its remaining desperately clingy players in a dead game. All of this while doing next to nothing for GW1.

Also...

Modernization. The very idea of re-working on GW1 is like walking backwards in terms of technological progression. So unless Arenanet is willing to make a very quick buck...

[just like those portable gaming companies with their mini-consoles and games already uploaded into them so that they can make a re-profit off of already-existing content]

...or can effectively remake and/or remaster this game [too much work, really...]...? There's just no hope in reviving this game.

They'd only ever do it if there's a big enough demand for them to supply it. Just remember to re-read my first point, and that's...

Money.

Arenanet's not going to claw towards this [or any other] idea unless there's a money-trail leading to it.

Just my two cents. I know ya'll are likely to hate me for this comment, and maybe even lash out at me in denial, but I'm calling a Zebra by its stripes. Anet just doesn't care about GW1 very much anymore, and that's become beyond self-evident over time.

So my advice is: Get over GW1, and just enjoy the last moments before the plug gets pulled, and the game's put to rest for good!

Edited 14 times, last by Ulterion0715 (May 25, 2020 at 2:06 AM).

• The economy dived because GW2 came out and they stopped updating GW1 for years, the players left and the market responded.

If they were more proactive in removing gold sellers, people would be forced to spend more time farming and completing content instead of WTB XX Titles, WTB XX Missions, WTB XX Items (with online purchased ecto) and ectos/arms etc would remain high. That sort of lazy play style is what kills a game.

They make no money from gold seller sites afaik, they still occasionally do mass bans of these bot accounts. Until we see evidence stating otherwise I would say they are still making a killing from GW1 with account/storage/character/costume/mercenary purchases 15 years later. (these aren't cheap)

Anet evidently does still care about this game, as we've had new content two years in a row now. (New Inventory Bag Runes, UI/Graphical updates, Enemy AI updates, Elite Skills and Weapons.)

So this is my response to you, not a hate comment or a lashing out; just a simple disagreement with your opinion. I'll leave you with this from google though:

World of Warcraft Classic has been a big success to Activision Blizzard, with the company revealing today that the retro release has driven subscription numbers to their biggest quarterly increase in history. Classic came out on August 26.7 Nov 2019

• They should've solved storage issues long ago. They didn't. Why? Because "money". That's why. Also, they aren't going to remove their money-making machine that is gold-selling because there's simply waaay too much money to be made in it. So that'll never go away [GW2 or not]. They make money off of gold-selling; otherwise, they'd have never nerfed gold, items, etc.. You just have to get a clue. I'm not going to attempt to prove anything to you, either. You just have to do your own research, develop your own understanding, and follow the indirect facts. Anet cares nothing about its players. They've even labelled their own followers as cry-baby whiners on their own forums, but I'll let you figure that part out on your own. They don't care about your interests; only their own. They've proven that over time by weakening the average player's earnings; they established a below-minimum-wage salary for players over time, and forced them to either cope or leave. If the average player stays, then they pay premium. If they leave, then there's no consequence for Arenanet because they've already made their profit from GW1 long ago. Now, they just don't care anymore.

• They should've solved storage issues long ago. They didn't. Why? Because "money". That's why. Also, they aren't going to remove their money-making machine that is gold-selling because there's simply waaay too much money to be made in it. So that'll never go away [GW2 or not]. They make money off of gold-selling; otherwise, they'd have never nerfed gold, items, etc.. You just have to get a clue. I'm not going to attempt to prove anything to you, either. You just have to do your own research, develop your own understanding, and follow the indirect facts. Anet cares nothing about its players. They've even labelled their own followers as cry-baby whiners on their own forums, but I'll let you figure that part out on your own. They don't care about your interests; only their own. They've proven that over time by weakening the average player's earnings; they established a below-minimum-wage salary for players over time, and forced them to either cope or leave. If the average player stays, then they pay premium. If they leave, then there's no consequence for Arenanet because they've already made their profit from GW1 long ago. Now, they just don't care anymore.

You seem hostile, as to me getting a clue? I never implied you were stupid. I just think that before you make strong claims you should show some facts or evidence so I can understand your POV.

People don't have to use gold selling sites, you can salvage items for consets, complete content with minimal Pcons, PvP rewards, chest run, Iron Man, actually farm the skins/items you want.
    You say it like these things are unobtainable without gold selling sites; to be honest many do. It's just a fact of people wanting the things they desire instantly; they no longer want to put in the time/skills to earn them.

I am not happy with the state of the game either but I try to stay optimistic, as for Anet employees saying we are cry baby whiners I would have a few choice words for them as well.

• I just read everyone’s comments (didn’t read the letter but I trust the comment:whistling:)

Just like everyone else I would love to see new content for this game. I feel like we will see some more in the future. I mean we did just get a bunch of new elites and weapons which is super dope.

I do like some of the solutions that were stated such as “money talks bullshhhh walks” that is so true. My lil 2ecto solution would be to gather willing players from anywhere like here, Reddit, in game, or any other forums/social media, maybe even do some individual advertising and and see if we can put a combined effort of 50-75e (that’s 300-500 thousand dollars) to show them that we are serious. Maybe each new content or whatever can be handled like this.

With that being said Idk how realistic this is 😂

ign

Clould Strife:nec:Evi Strife

• here are some easy things they can add to the store to raise capital:

the preorder codes

the promo mini pets

a collector's edition upgrade

all these are already in the game and how hard would it be for them to generate new codes

Knowing Anet, quite hard. They really didn't plan their tools for code and item generation with the idea for mass creation/redemption.

• here are some easy things they can add to the store to raise capital:

the preorder codes

the promo mini pets

a collector's edition upgrade

all these are already in the game and how hard would it be for them to generate new codes

its called preorder codes for a reason, if you miss out on them you cant get em.

the promo pets would just be stupid to bring back.

Same with the CE, you had the chance to buy when the new expansion/proph/cantha,nf packs was released,if you didnt buy them.tough shitt.

you probably would want codes to max out any titles on the store right?

• I just read everyone’s comments (didn’t read the letter but I trust the comment:whistling:)

Just like everyone else I would love to see new content for this game. I feel like we will see some more in the future. I mean we did just get a bunch of new elites and weapons which is super dope.

I do like some of the solutions that were stated such as “money talks bullshhhh walks” that is so true. My lil 2ecto solution would be to gather willing players from anywhere like here, Reddit, in game, or any other forums/social media, maybe even do some individual advertising and and see if we can put a combined effort of 50-75e (that’s 300-500 thousand dollars) to show them that we are serious. Maybe each new content or whatever can be handled like this.

With that being said Idk how realistic this is 😂

What is this calculation? I don't understand...

• its called preorder codes for a reason, if you miss out on them you cant get em.

the promo pets would just be stupid to bring back.

Same with the CE, you had the chance to buy when the new expansion/proph/cantha,nf packs was released,if you didnt buy them.tough shitt.

you probably would want codes to max out any titles on the store right?

I disagree, it will definitely bring money on the table. it's a 14 year old game, legacy things aren't relevant anymore so might aswell cash on them

• Did this had any response from Anet?

Considering that a global pandemic broke out and the entire studio is working from home, I don't think we should aim for too much, to be honest.

• Considering that a global pandemic broke out and the entire studio is working from home, I don't think we should aim for too much, to be honest.

You'd think this would be prime time to revamp the store and add things such as pre-order items and collectors editions to be purchasable with so many people working and being at home.

Of course there have been a lot of "prime time" opportunities for Anet only to have failed spectacularly.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This Video is kinda long, but after watching i understand why Anet decided to move on.

ign

Clould Strife:nec:Evi Strife

• yo I'm pretty sure we used 30-40 stacks of res scrolls just in running for these records http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2620

http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2623

http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2625 Can you please calculate how many "you can salvage items for consets,..." items you'd have to salvage for that many res scrolls? And then can you calculate the time it would take to acquire those items. And then add on the time it takes to get all the needed pcons and then tell me if you think it's "obtainable". "I am not happy with the state of the game" then play a different one?

• yo I'm pretty sure we used 30-40 stacks of res scrolls just in running for these records http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2620

http://gwscr.fbgmguild.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2625 Can you please calculate how many "you can salvage items for consets,..." items you'd have to salvage for that many res scrolls? And then can you calculate the time it would take to acquire those items. And then add on the time it takes to get all the needed pcons and then tell me if you think it's "obtainable". "I am not happy with the state of the game" then play a different one?

they only got those records in such a short period of time because bot farming etc is abused, be thankful; also only maybe 0.0001% of the remaining players actually play for records so yeah your comment is irrelevant.

a stack of rez scrolls isn't that hard to get? if you are struggling to afford rez scrolls i would suggests you play another game :)

Well cool, you're going after some goals. You're spending your rez scrolls and consets on some red resign type of thing for which, if everything isn't lined up perfectly, you just /resign and rego.

I'm pretty sure that pcons were not meant to have that kind of use...

Honestly I don't even understand how you can go on a runt about how long it would take to *gather* wathever in game currency you actually , for the vast majority, flushed into the toilets in hope of achieving something that , most of us find, pointless.

Now if you want to get going with your goals, all good, but don't complain that it takes *wathever resources* to build up things that actually only benefit yourself.. lol

The height of hypocrisy in this thread is comparable to that of a skyscraper

• Well cool, you're going after some goals. You're spending your rez scrolls and consets on some red resign type of thing for which, if everything isn't lined up perfectly, you just /resign and rego.

I'm pretty sure that pcons were not meant to have that kind of use...

Honestly I don't even understand how you can go on a runt about how long it would take to *gather* wathever in game currency you actually , for the vast majority, flushed into the toilets in hope of achieving something that , most of us find, pointless.

Now if you want to get going with your goals, all good, but don't complain that it takes *wathever resources* to build up things that actually only benefit yourself.. lol

The height of hypocrisy in this thread is comparable to that of a skyscraper

"You're spending your rez scrolls and consets on some red resign type of thing for which, if everything isn't lined up perfectly, you just /resign and rego."

I never did red resign but yes we resign if we don't make certain time thresholds, which is mostly rng based occasionally it's player error.

"I'm pretty sure that pcons were not meant to have that kind of use..."

Please enlighten us on how pcons were intended to be used.

"Honestly I don't even understand how you can go on a runt about how long it would take to *gather* wathever in game currency you actually , for the vast majority, flushed into the toilets in hope of achieving something that , most of us find, pointless."

You're making a point for me. If someone is botting to use the resources they botted how does that affect anyone?

Can you answer how a bot affects your game play directly? What exactly do bot's do that impacts the way you play the game so much?

• You're making a point for me. If someone is botting to use the resources they botted how does that affect anyone?

First i have to say i kinda understand your point, but i can answer that question fast.

Bots affects you since you come back to the game. You log in and you see everything is overpriced, a bds that costed 100e back in the day, now cost 1.000 ectos. That with every single item. That means that if you don`t run bots or play for a looooot of time and certain things that give some money, your poor af, and your characters are gonna be poor as fuck too. (without even considering buying tons of conset and stuff)

Haven`t you see the ppl doing casual scs (not records) spaming consets like if they were chewing gums? rezoning cos some1 dies, cos some1 forgot quest. Quite some of those ppl have bots running, they dont care wasting 5 conset in a sc when they have 5 bots getting tons of them. If you compare that to a normal player, the difference its hugeeee, the rest of the population can`t play like that. So either you make consets and pcons cost shit with an npc so every1 can spam it like chewing gums, or you keep banning bots. Easy.

And btw do you think that a player that is botting to get resources to do scs and records, its not also gonna use quite a lot of that money to make their characters looks amazing and get rare OS shit? common

PD: How many in your speedclear team has made r12 zaishen, and how many has made it with 0 effort thx to botting? all? xD

• Botting does harm the game, in the long term. Because you devaluate everything, things will become worthless.

We're at that point now, where things are spiralling out of control, due to botting.

Yes, there might be a new speedclear community now thanks to that, but that doesn't change the fact that it is out of control.

In real life, we'd call this hyperinflation and that's a very harmful thing. Same for the game.

If anything, the bots need to be handled, the economy cleared up and we need some new money sinks.

• So yes, basically keep saying the community. I can bot to do records, but also flex with 20 bds, os items and so on. But hey, i didn`t farm any of that.

I can get r12 zaishen in some months doing nothing, but you can farm it in 3-4 years.

And please don`t ban my bots, i wanna keep looking "pro". I don`t even understand how you dont get bored, or feel the things you have are useless cos you didn`t farm any of them. Maybe in your case its cos you give the value to the "record", records that are being played by 20 persons in a game. Whos gonna even try to compete with your records? if they have to waste a money they don`t have because they don`t bot. Idk

• @Autism Awareness Is Back

The value of any achievement in the game is lessened because of bots, both directly and indirectly. It would have been a far greater accomplishment to get a 23min 5man if no bots had existed. The ability to obtain all the pcons used legitimately, farmed or bought would have substantially added to the effort required. No record can claim 0 help from bots, prices and supplies of consumables are what they are but to bot them yourself is to significantly reduce the value of ur achievement imo. Same goes for toolbox, PURE records are far more impressive that TAS for obvious reasons.

Its simple stuff, bots make content easier. Bots make records easier. You prefer it easy and seem happy to support cheating to keep it that way.

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

• You log in and you see everything is overpriced, a bds that costed 100e back in the day, now cost 1.000 ectos.

"you see everything is overpriced" You know this is because bots were broken yeah? Consets were what 1250e a month ago?

Now they're roughly half that? You're starting to see alot of prices go down since there's more competition.

Quote from Izzy

a bds that costed 100e back in the day, now cost 1.000 ectos

You can still buy cheap BDS? I don't know why you would but you can? Of course you're not going to buy a meta attribute for cheap though. Why cant I get a lambo for 1000$?

Quote from Izzy

Haven`t you see the ppl doing casual scs (not records) spaming consets like if they were chewing gums? rezoning cos some1 dies, cos some1 forgot quest.

This is literally how most of us play the game. This isn't guildwars 2009 where everyone drops for cons.

Quote from Izzy

And btw do you think that a player that is botting to get resources to do scs and records, its not also gonna use quite a lot of that money to make their characters looks amazing and get rare OS shit?

My character(s) looks like trash and I use 1k max armor and green weapons? There are select OS only mods that are required but none

were purchased and tbh ecovalds/gothics/ambers/ornate don't even "look amazing". Do you farm in this game to "look amazing" while you're doing a dungeon with randos because I dont know about others but I don't even look at peoples load outs. Unless I'm in SoOsc and some dingus doesn't have a Flatbow.

Quote from Izzy

PD: How many in your speedclear team has made r12 zaishen, and how many has made it with 0 effort thx to botting? all? xD

No one? But if you take the amount of cons/pcons we pop I bet we all could have bought multiple r12 if that was a goal.

Quote from Kevin

We're at that point now, where things are spiralling out of control, due to botting.

What does that even mean? Can you elaborate on what exactly you mean by spiraling out of control? I ask because most prices are going down. Is 1250e/stack of cons and 50e/stack of nf pcons under control? Hell Fiber and Iron used to be pretty high. People couldn't even afford res scrolls?

Quote from Kevin

Yes, there might be a new speedclear community now

What do you think killed the speed clear community in the first place?

Quote from Izzy

I can bot to do records, but also flex with 20 bds, os items and so on

Why do you have such a hard on for BDS? All my bds are hand farmed and I'd never buy one. Why would you buy something other than pcons/cons?

Quote from Izzy

Whos gonna even try to compete with your records?

There's a lot of people capable of beating the current records. You should try beating your favorite dungeons record. Or vanquish record or what ever u do in this game? Do a Winds of Change speed run pls so I have motivation to do one.

Quote from Izzy

I don`t even understand how you dont get bored, or feel the things you have are useless cos you didn`t farm any of them

Every day it's constantly trying to improve and perfect a run? That's fun? You seem very attached to some pixels in guildwars

Quote from Izzy

So either you make consets and pcons cost shit with an npc

Pcons will never "cost shit" at a trader are you thick? Like what in hell is the thought process behind

thinking that a "pcon trader" would make them cheap all of a sudden? They already are cheap?

Hell that dude above makes 100e-50a a day you know how many stacks of pcons that is?

There is no solution to where you remove ALL bots. A better solution would be to make an everlasting version of each pcon that is EASILY obtainable. If you make the reqs like 400 g zcoins per that just makes people bot g zcoins.

"Traders will be out of stock of one or more items if too few players are selling those items to the traders; if that is the case, the same items will also be unavailable at corresponding traders throughout Tyria. (If an item is out of stock at a trader, it does not appear in their list of items for sale.) Similarly, a trader will refuse to purchase items if the existing supply far outstrips the current demand." quote from guild wars wiki.. If there's a pcon trader how does that solve the issue of people not being able to afford pcons? How does this so called trader get it's stock? From players? So Gold sellers can just buy out the traders?

• Autism Awareness Is Back

Yes getting ur pcons essentially for free or even a reduced price makes attaining records easier. Speeding hours each event killing raptors or vaettir to get drops is effort. Spending time doing profitable activities to buy pcons from others is effort. Two brand new players start on empty accounts, 1 has bots 1 hasn't. Which one you think is gona be able to get a record first? If you are constrained by the need to farm or buy pcons you are at a great disadvantage in terms of time you can spend grinding records and the costs associated with it compared with somebody who isnt. This is obvious, hence "bots make records easier".

To say that without bots records are not possible is frankly insane. I can tell you categorically that you can get a record without boting cause ive done it. (See all time PURE Arachni + TAS, standard and duo). I have never botted anything and I can guarantee I've use more cons, pcons, rocks, tengus ect in that 2 lvl dungeon that you have in DoA with multiple people. Both in terms of attempts and even more so in pcons/cons used per hour. And before you give me the "I'm paying reduced prices because of others botting" argument (which i accept) this is an irrelevant economic fallacy that you and so many others mindlessly parrot.

Cons are an input cost of doing profitable activities. You pay a small amount per run for the consistent profit in DoA or a chance at a large payout from an end chest elsewhere. If bots ceased to exist pcons price would rise (all other things being equal). What everybody fails to take into account is this would incentives people to farm them and use them more carefully. Just these 2 factors prevent prices rising above a certain lvl. At the point it becomes attractive to farm them for a good profit per hour the supply problem lessens and will be reflected in prices. Same goes for reduced use, as they become more valuable people will use them less (or not at all) / more efficiently. Anybody who uses lunars knows this all to well right now. Beyond this pcon price increases would have the knock on effect on prices of everything else. With cost of running higher less people will run and the new supply of high end items dropped in runs will be reduced. This will result in the cost of running to reward ratio not really changing. Yes pcons might be twice the price but a good drop will be worth substantially more because of it. Thus you can exchange ur reward for the input cost of same amount of future runs as you could previously (once the new balance has been found).

Even if this was not the case I could afford double, triple w/e pcons prices and still smash them endlessly killing spiders cause I've played the game alot and made lots of profit. You could do the same but you dont want to put the time and effort into it. You want cheap or free record attempts without the necessity of the profit grind. I can understand that, its an attractive prospect but I'm not willing to openly support cheating to make it happen whereas you seemingly are.

I don't deny such a situation will have other perhaps unwanted consequences. For one it makes the problem of people bleeding out of cash from using pcons while waiting for a drop worse and certainly some will stop playing rather than change behavior. Others will not wish to spend time doing profitable farms / directly farming pcons and only want to SC for fun with no care for profit. This will decrease the amount of runs taking place and increase the price on high end items. Thus a balance will be found between input cost of pcons and the rewards. Some argue that this situation will "kill the game" which I disagree with. No doubt the part of the sc community that plays for fun / records and doesn't want to grind profit (instead of botting) to keep sc'ing will be reduced but the game will go on without them. It will go back to being what it was suppose to be, a fashion chasing mmmorpg grind fest.

Just to be clear: My position is ban 100% of bots now and forever.

PS. Apologies for typos

• This is obvious, hence "bots make records easier".

You should clarify, Bots make getting the supplies needed for records easier. Not the actual record.

Quote from pyrolobster'

"To say that without bots records are not possible is frankly insane"

To do the records we do it's frankly not possible w/o bots.

Quote from pyrolobster

"I have never botted anything and I can guarantee I've use more cons, pcons, rocks, tengus ect in that 2 lvl dungeon that you have in DoA with multiple people. "

That's cute please screen your sweet title.

Quote from PyroLobster

"I'm paying reduced prices because of others botting" argument (which i accept) this is an irrelevant economic fallacy that you and so many others mindlessly parrot."

How is it irrelevant or a fallacy? Prices are nearly halved?

Quote from PyroLobster

"Anybody who uses lunars knows this all to well right now."

If you know me I always say if you aren't popping lunars you're leeching.....

Quote from PyroLobster

"If bots ceased to exist"

Yeah that's never going to happen.

Quote from PyroLobster

"Beyond this pcon price increases would have the knock on effect on prices of everything else"

Can your economic degree from clown college explain why pcons been rising past month but arms are the same and pretty much and items are pretty much the same/lower price?

Quote from PyroLobster

"You could do the same but you don't want to put the time and effort into it.

You want cheap or free record attempts without the necessity of the profit grind. I can understand that, its an attractive prospect but I'm not willing to openly support cheating to make it happen whereas you seemingly are."

I used to DoAsc for 10+ hours a day every day of the week guy....

Quote from PyroLobster

"It will go back to being what it was suppose to be, a fashion chasing mmmorpg grind fest."

What in the world did I just read.

• @Autism Awareness Is Back

"You should clarify, Bots make getting the supplies needed for records easier. Not the actual record."

I explained thoroughly what I meant by this statement, dont be so dishonest and pretend it needs clarifying.

"To do the records we do it's frankly not possible w/o bots."

Please see my above explanation, this is nonsense. If it takes you 100 hours farming to get enough pcons for 1 attempt than its possible. Only a question of scale and the time required to gain a stack of each pcon is not that substantial if you good at the game ;)

"That's cute please screen your sweet title."

I wont bother with this stupidity as neither of us can present a sweet tooth title that can show how many pcons we hit just for records as toons are used for other things and can smash stacks on non pcons points anyway.

How is it irrelevant or a fallacy? Prices are nearly halved?

Its a fallacy because your cost of using pcons is mitigated by the drops you pick up and this would be reflected when that cost changes. If bots were banned causing pcons prices to go up the value of items dropped using pcons would go up also. Changes in price cause changes in behaviour. Hence any change is ultimately irrelevant in the long run in terms of using pcons, gaining rewards, buying more pcons with those rewards. Don't know what you mean by "Prices have nearly halved", please provide more detail if u want an answer.

"If you know me I always say if you aren't popping lunars you're leeching....."

I'm sure somebody who bots lunars would say that lol

"Can your economic degree from clown college explain why pcons been rising past month but arms are the same and pretty much and items are pretty much the same/lower price?"

Yes it can, happy to school you so you understand.

1. Prices of pcons been rising because of simple supply demand forces. For example its been almost a year since apple and corn dropped, during that time majority have been used. Scarcity + near continuous demand = prices go up. Lunars far more dramatically because of a lower than normal amount of bots where around during the event so the starting supply for a years cycle was lower than normal. Same goes for all event bound pcons.

2. Ecto prices have risen dramatically in recent months because of 1 simple factor, bots. When they got an account maxed with plat they buy ectos from the trader which pushes prices up. Majority of items that aren't directly botted have gone down (when priced in ectos) but when you covert both prices to a fixed asset, say lockpicks you will find most are unchanged in any real way. Obviously some will have gone up and other down because of other factors but the general trend is true.

4. A month in this game is a snapshot. In a market with so few of each item traded daily / weekly price changes happen super slow. Can take months for a say an increase in obby edges being dropped for the market to become over supplied and the price of exchange reduced in any meaningful way. Therefor trying to explain real prices changes on a certain asset over short periods of time is very difficult. Longer term trends however can be explained with some basic economic reasoning.

5. When you account for increase in ecto the price of arms has gone up significantly this year. 1a = 50e when ectos were 5k vs 1a = 38e when ectos are 10k and to a lesser amount over the last month. This again is primary due to bots. They generate plat which gets turned into ectos then ectos get exchanged for arms. Massive increase in the demand for arms pushes prices up in real terms. Even with almost none destroyed and new ones being created constantly the inflationary pressure created by bots overwhelms the steady increase in supply.

6. Small mistake on my part to write "prices of everything" although I did clarify it more than once. Once more time just for you: Anything that is created by a method currently using pcons would increase assuming demand side of equation remains the same (which for majority it will, people always gona wana buy eblades, VS ect)

"I used to DoAsc for 10+ hours a day every day of the week guy...."

You not the only one who plays to much Guild Wars you know :D

"What in the world did I just read."
    You know exactly what it means. No lvl / gear grind so its fashion wars!