Open Letter to Anet is now live!

• Hello all, the open letter petition to Anet is now live!

https://guildwarslegacy.com/open-letter/

Firstly, major props to Kevin for making the webpage for the letter. He took the time to set it up as it's own page, in a format that will allow people to sign the form.

The intention of this letter is not a "wish list" or "want list" of pretty things or updates we'd like to see in the game; it is more of a request that Arenanet and it's developers play a more active role in Guild Wars and the Guild Wars community again. Baby steps, people - we don't want to bombard them with a smorgasbord of our wildest Guild Wars update dreams.

To sign the petition, please register in the comment box and type "/signed." Please use the comment box on the petition only for signing or positive phrases regarding our love for Guild Wars and hope for future updates.

If you'd like to talk about the letter, debate, have friendly conversation, express future hopes and dreams for the game, or what have you - please post in this thread.

Thank you!

AC

"To be spoken well of in my line of work could be disastrous for my career." - The Ninth Gate.

• "Lastly, many in the community have expressed interest in funding certain areas of development for Guild Wars by the use of crowd-funding campaigns, or through paying a monthly subscription fee. We will happily shell out our hard-earned cash for anything that will keep Guild Wars alive and thriving. We will buy items from your online store even when we don't particularly need them, just to support Guild Wars. "

If there's a monthly fee, I'm out of the game.

The good thing is that the game is alive and theres no way you raise enough for them to even take interrest in that.

So don't use WE but rather: "the people who are willing to donate their money to finance a 14y old game will"

• If there's a monthly fee, I'm out of the game.

Unfortunately, I have to agree that many people would no longer play. However, I don't think they're stupid enough to suicide their game by doing so. I would worry as much about them doing that as I do about catching COVID-19.

The overall sentiment is well spoken and I feel some communication could be afforded to our community. After all, it is this game that built the foundation for their current (and future?) focus.

• First point made is about removing farm-bots and also PvP-bots, whilst removing these from the game might sound like a good idea to some; if done without also adding a way for us to easier obtain pcons or having "some" AI in PvP battles this will actually negatively impact the game.

The third and last point is the bit that surprised me "We will happily shell out our hard-earned cash for anything that will keep Guild Wars alive and thriving. We will buy items from your online store even when we don't particularly need them, just to support Guild Wars".

I actually don't agree with this sentiment, It's a very cucked way of thinking to me. No offence.

If people want to donate to running Guild Wars let them add a Donate button on log-in; that should entitle us to a public liaison and more active facebook/twitter page at least; dare I say an employee actually working in the game again also.

Personally I think the letter could have been worded better; still I appreciate your effort.

• Maybe the next time you wish to represent a community , let them see what youre writing before putting their stamp on it.

The bot thingy where you say that we don't understand what's going on is actually your point of view.

They just don't care about the game as of now because it doesn't bring enough money thats about it.

It's the exact same for CM, doing it in your free time . . . sure, asking for a company to dedicate someone for Guild Wars 1 for which the player base is almost non existent ? No

In the end this open letter you stamp with GW community is just your letter addressing issues you either don't understand or put a blindfold on to cover them up.

Mind kindly either rewriting this letter or removing the guild wars community stamp. I don't want to be affiliated with this.

I do appreciate the initiative though, but it's futile to say the least.

• Maybe the next time you wish to represent a community , let them see what youre writing before putting their stamp on it.

I don't want to be affiliated with this.

Don’t sign it then. Nobody is affiliated with it until they sign it. Only by signing it does one signal agreement. It’s opt-in, not applied to everyone unilaterally.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

• Let's hope at least that the letter will start a discussion at reddit or here at forum with someone official from ANet about the future and what is possible for updates and what not but i just see the classic response with (insert marketing bs) as usual,
    most of the ppl that worked in the original GW left ANet even Mike O'Brien is out, so who is still there and has experience with the tools and coding of the game ?

I think the letter should go to the original creators and the founders of ANet, they are the only ppl that could move the strings to happen something good for the game as a side project without caring for profit just for the sake of the fans and players.

The only solution that i see with the current situation for updates is either ANet put 4-5 ppl to work on the game (highly unlikely as there are no old workers with experience on the game) or make an agreement with an indie company that will carry the updates and if there is generated profit a percentage will go to them but who is that crazy to get in the nightmare of GW coding ?

I don't agree with the monthly subscription fee but i want updates to happen so what i do ? Do i sign ?

Edited 2 times, last by Arcana Force (March 17, 2020 at 7:35 PM).

• I would just like to have some CS folks who are more familiar with the game take gw (1) related issues and not those who have no clue about it.....so a few staffers with both gw and gw2 backgrounds would be nice. (So I guess some training for their current CS people would be nice).

***my future hope/dream ***

• The game has seen no real content since 2007. The number of players is very limited today. Many at the time accepted that the game had no future in terms of content and evolution. This did not prevent some from continuing to player by remaining lucid. It’s time to wake up. Having the stupid idea of asking anet for content for a subscription, you’re on the moon. The idea of the letter on another basis, as a thank you would have been laudable. But this is a letter of despair, thoughtless of no-life.

• As much as I truly appreciate the efforts to engage Anet to improve the future state of this wonderful game, I don't feel that the proposed letter is at the state I can agree to. And please refrain from responding with "don't sign then", this just shows the arrogance and lack of interest of hearing input from others when it has been solicited.

My thoughts if truly welcomed, is that the first attempt of opening up communication channels with Anet is in relation to having more engagement with the community. Getting this point across alone will assist in gauging the future of the game.

The approach of pointing out things that they are doing wrong has the risk of a defensive response if any response at all.

As expressed in other's responses, indicating that the community is willing to pay a fee in order to get new content, is not a guarantee that can be promised to them as the community may not react to this as you may hope. Why not allow them to respond to a similar question of "What can we do as a continuously engaged community to help with further growth of the game?". My point is creating a line of communication and not backing anyone into a corner with promises.

I hope for the best for any approach that is taken.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• What is the point of having a thread with pages and pages of arguments about bots if you are not using them ? You are not addressing the point that without bots, sc players are just nothing and same goes for ha. It will be dead.

So yea cry about your precious items being more expensive than it used to be but don't forget a part of the community. Without bots and actual alternatives to them you are just killing the game more.

Please don't talk about the gw community as a whole but more about a part of it. The argument about no signing it is not relevant otherwise make a disagree button :)

• Thank you all for taking the time to read the letter.

I realize that many of you do not want Arenanet's involvement; considering their involvement would at the very least require game moderation (i.e., confronting illegal game activity), and many of you openly support illegal game activity.

Since that is the case then we are at an impasse as a community.

For those of you who are concerned about the line "monthly subscription fee," if you'll read the context of that paragraph you'll see that the letter is in no way advocating a monthly subscription fee; rather it is requesting what kind of resources on the community's behalf it would take for Arenanet to support the game in any capacity.

Nevertheless, that paragraph would still serve the same purpose if those three words were taken out so I'd be happy to do so.

EDIT: It has now been removed from the letter.

AC

"To be spoken well of in my line of work could be disastrous for my career." - The Ninth Gate.

Edited once, last by ACWhammy (March 21, 2020 at 12:23 AM).

• Something to consider is that some of the highest income from the game comes from the illegal activities. ANET bans accounts very slowly, however realistically the majority of new account purchases are these very people. The very reason I picked gw over WoW a long time ago after leaving Diablo 2 was the lack of subscription fee. I would give up on the game if it gained one unless it went back into full production mode aka new content in large amounts.

• Of course everyone wants Arenanet's involvement, but it would definitely be better if we initially discussed all the issues as a community, since you are writing on its behalf.

Our main mutual goal is to increase the number of active players, this should be quite obvious from the letter.
    Seriously, the letter is written in beautiful language, but the ideas are presented too emotionally and most importantly, there should be no complaints in it. Our disagreement with the violation of the rules should be discussed with an authorized person, but it is definitely unacceptable to condemn Anet in our letter for inaction.

It is also indecent to discuss money issues so openly, we just need to say that we are ready to support the development of the project.

In General, I really like your idea of writing a letter to the company, and I am grateful for your work, but let 's jointly tweak the letter itself a little;)

• I realize that many of you do not want Arenanet's involvement; considering their involvement would at the very least require game moderation (i.e., confronting illegal game activity), and many of you openly support illegal game activity.

No. I don't think many of us openly support illegal game activity. But the reality of removing such activity without making at least minor changes to the game and its economy will literally kill it, or big parts of it. The compiler change (that STILL has sh*t fucked up with client crashes and more) and mass ban wave came so close to killing the SC scene and completely terrorized the economy. At this point it's a matter of literally having to spend real life money to gold sellers to even be able to play what you want.

I think it would be very healthy for the game, especially PvP if bots were gone - if, and ONLY if, the issues that creates are addressed. Until then, bots are the lesser evil because they at least don't make it impossible to play the game.

It's really sad that this "open" letter to ArenaNet, which we've never seen or contributed to (I mean sure there was a post on what to possibly include, but you just ignored it anyway and gave us no hints on what you'd actually write), doesn't address any problem except for bots and content updates.

• I have read the letter fast, but, is there any change or adding to pve/pvp/quality of life updates in the letter?

Because thats the only thing this game needs. Why would we want a community manager if theres no updates to the game? I suggested adding the mode "Costume Brawl" that has unique pvp maps (very nice ones) and unique mechanics as a permanent pvp mode, obviusly they can remove the costume thing and let any build posible to play since its not halloween, That wouldnt require much coding for them, and would give us something new to play.

• It is a pity to see that such a great idea has not found its implementation. In my opinion, the situation with isolation could greatly play into our hands. Can we try to reach a consensus and finish the job? Most of the work has already been done, we just need to make certain adjustments and then we can spread the information about collecting signatures on Reddit and in the game. I understand that everyone was left with a residue after difficult discussions of this issue. But we are all United by one common desire and we can easily formulate our appeal in such a way that everyone will be satisfied.

• Of course everyone wants Arenanet's involvement, but it would definitely be better if we initially discussed all the issues as a community, since you are writing on its behalf.

Our main mutual goal is to increase the number of active players, this should be quite obvious from the letter.

In General, I really like your idea of writing a letter to the company, and I am grateful for your work, but let 's jointly tweak the letter itself a little;)

Hey Ve_Zz, I really appreciate and value your input, and anyone else who has taken this letter into consideration.

I did ask in a previous thread if there was any questions the community had for Arenanet.

It is a pity to see that such a great idea has not found its implementation. In my opinion, the situation with isolation could greatly play into our hands. Can we try to reach a consensus and finish the job? Most of the work has already been done, we just need to make certain adjustments and then we can spread the information about collecting signatures on Reddit and in the game. I understand that everyone was left with a residue after difficult discussions of this issue. But we are all United by one common desire and we can easily formulate our appeal in such a way that everyone will be satisfied.

The letter is not perfect, but I will not re-write the letter, as I'm sure many will take issue with the next re-write, and then the next re-write after that.

Through this process, I realized that we do not have a main mutual goal - or perhaps the majority of the community does, but I just happen to be an outlier.

I would encourage anyone else to give this a shot! I will not take offense if my letter is replaced by someone else's and receives more signatures.

Thank you all, it's been fun!

• I think we'd all like a major release like a new mission pack or campaign, but realistically not going to happen. However I think a fairly easy development that could have the potential to bring in a decent resurgence would be to create an official "ironman" and "hardcore ironman" game modes. Not sure how hard it would be to develop this, but it doesn't sound too hard to remove the storage/player trade options for ironman add some text next to names and a few other features, and account deletion in hardcore ironman. Could be a fairly easy development to determine if updates would bring players back or not.

EDIT: Would be cool to have some sort of xp leaderboard for hardcore ironmen as well.

Edited once, last by Macdaddy (April 20, 2020 at 7:52 AM).

• stop with dumb ironman,everyone did this back when gw was released. It make soo much sense to have nm,hm and ironman mode and hardcore hm mode.

I think we'd all like a major release like a new mission pack or campaign, but realistically not going to happen. However I think a fairly easy development that could have the potential to bring in a decent resurgence would be to create an official "ironman" and "hardcore ironman" game modes. Not sure how hard it would be to develop this, but it doesn't sound too hard to remove the storage/player trade options for ironman add some text next to names and a few other features, and account deletion in hardcore ironman. Could be a fairly easy development to determine if updates would bring players back or not.

EDIT: Would be cool to have some sort of xp leaderboard for hardcore ironmen as well.

stop with the dumb ironman,everyone did this back when gw was released., just becaues you didnt experiene the beginning of gw does not mean it should be a stupid mode forced on players. It make soo much sense to have nm,hm and ironman mode and hardcore hm mode. This is just you talking, I know that.

I rather would want new titles and atleast 2 new koabd ranks like 35 and 40. But this wont happen either so.

• Hmm I just did /age and my account is 178 months old, pretty sure I experienced the beginning of guildwars (or atleast close to it). I'm just saying something like this sounds like it would take minimal development / it seemed to have worked pretty well for osrs.

EDIT: This is something I think would also bring the most amount of people back to GW with the least amount of development. TBH releasing 2 new levels of koabd probably means nothing to that target audience.

Edited once, last by Macdaddy (April 20, 2020 at 1:47 PM).

• Hmm I just did /age and my account is 178 months old, pretty sure I experienced the beginning of guildwars (or atleast close to it). I'm just saying something like this sounds like it would take minimal development / it seemed to have worked pretty well for osrs.

EDIT: This is something I think would also bring the most amount of people back to GW with the least amount of development. TBH releasing 2 new levels of koabd probably means nothing to that target audience.

so you say, but in all seriousness tho,it sounds it would take minimal development, but it takes a long time to code anything in any language. . Well this is not osrs,and why would anyone want a ironman mode??? we have nm which have been in gw since the beginning of gw which didnt have a name. Until hm came and upped the challenge.
    Ironman seems like a restriction challenge, you can do regardless of nm and hm right now so it renders any development that is needed, NULL.

I would love to have 2 new levels of koabd, it would also give me some more boost on to try and get 40 titles. but as title hunter I would like that,not that I would get that this late in the game.

• so you say, but in all seriousness tho,it sounds it would take minimal development, but it takes a long time to code anything in any language. . Well this is not osrs,and why would anyone want a ironman mode??? we have nm which have been in gw since the beginning of gw which didnt have a name. Until hm came and upped the challenge.
    Ironman seems like a restriction challenge, you can do regardless of nm and hm right now so it renders any development that is needed, NULL.

I would love to have 2 new levels of koabd, it would also give me some more boost on to try and get 40 titles. but as title hunter I would like that,not that I would get that this late in the game.

If it takes you forever to implement a simple paint brush in java, I think you need to ask for a refund of your degree..

In all seriousness , ironman mode wouldn't bring anything to the game.

You can already do it on your own and the game is pretty much dead, not worth the amount of money it'd take to make such an upgrade. It might not be hard or very time consuming but it's still a couple of hours the dev would basically waste, rather than implementing the latest gw2 cash shop cosmetic that would bring much more cash than the 5ppl who would have a use for this ironman mode..

• Ah well just throwing it out there, tbh in my opinion its the easiest development with biggest potential in drawling more attention to gw1 / bringing in new or returning players. If you check reddit or watch twitch streams, "ironman" mode is one of the most talked about topics for these types of players. Trying to stop bots/goldsellers/new titles wont really bring an influx of people imo. Actual "new" content I feel is way too big of an ask (and I feel ironman mode would actually bring in more people than like a missionpack).

Edited once, last by Macdaddy (April 21, 2020 at 3:10 AM).

• My 2 cents of what i think the game needs in order to keep and atract population:

- AB/FA/JQ/MQSC etc.. people likes to play this modes a lot. But at this moment in the game life, there is a lack of motivation to do so. Most of the people have their titles maxed and they are so so easy to get nowadays. Why not upgrading them to rank 15? and give people a long term motivation to keep playing aswell as having fun. Also this rank 15 could include an emote or an exclusive armor you can only buy once your r15.

- PvE. 1) They could add new weapons/armors in dungeons or other places for people to enjoy hunting them, and trading. But please not some "low skin" that needs no effort to get, like Balthazar weapons. Its just pointless... 2) also a few new titles would be great, but maybe this needs a new campaign.

- PvP. I could write a book about this one, but ill try to keep it short.

I already said there is a game mode, with beautiful EotN maps and unique mechanics of altars, surviving/killing. That would even create its own meta builds. Why not putting this mode as permanent (without the costumes and any build posible to play). That wouldnt require much game coding at all. The title could be the one that is already (Gamer) or a new one. 2) And also restricting all PvP outpost to less districts. This would make it easier to find people, and also for new players and returnees. 3) Also limiting restrictions to be able to play Ladder in GvG, its just imposible to play a "competitive match" because you need to have 10 different guilds playing everday or your not gonna face ever with another guild.

- General/QoL. 1) If posible create a global Looking for Group, maybe upgrading the one that is already there (P). To be able to see if there is any party forming for an Speed Clear, Cooperative, PvP or just some leveling (in any city)... You cant expect to have hundreds of people in every city to be able to play something... Not having something like this just kills the game everyday. PD: Embark its far away from working, and would need a lot of rework.

- Website. Adding some rankings would be nice, specially since there is no new titles. Who has more points in these titles? something for people to "fight" for.

- Shop. Adding bundles of every Collector/Preorder items in the shop, that would increase their incomes a lot with few effort ( another thing that is already done..). How many people are looking to buy these in Amazon/Ebay?

/wave

• If it takes you forever to implement a simple paint brush in java, I think you need to ask for a refund of your degree..

In all seriousness , ironman mode wouldn't bring anything to the game.

You can already do it on your own and the game is pretty much dead, not worth the amount of money it'd take to make such an upgrade. It might not be hard or very time consuming but it's still a couple of hours the dev would basically waste, rather than implementing the latest gw2 cash shop cosmetic that would bring much more cash than the 5ppl who would have a use for this ironman mode..

What I meant by saying that coding is not that straightforward. and even the smallest changes takes time. It would be alot more than a few hours. I took 1 person like 7months to get gw players bigger inventory bags with zaishen. Even tho its just a mode, I dont think its its that simple waste a dev for a few hours.

Ah well just throwing it out there, tbh in my opinion its the easiest development with biggest potential in drawling more attention to gw1 / bringing in new or returning players. If you check reddit or watch twitch streams, "ironman" mode is one of the most talked about topics for these types of players. Trying to stop bots/goldsellers/new titles wont really bring an influx of people imo. Actual "new" content I feel is way too big of an ask (and I feel ironman mode would actually bring in more people than like a missionpack).

so because its talked about I guess that warrants a new mode huh:rolleyes:. very few gw players watch twitch with ironman content. Unless there is a title for ironman I dont think it needed, besides every gw player have played through the game with hencies,acquiring new skills in cities only, doing missions with henchies and there was no titles back then either, so its rather pointless. I dont think such a small implementation of new content in gw would give gw more popularity. It needs like a huge campaign with titles, dungeons,story,heros, new weapons.

AB/FA(JQ isnt a mode. I would really hate if they increased the rank to 15. that is so much more faction needed to get to r15 and I think it would just annoy people who already have the max kurz/lux title already.

Global pugging would be a nice feature for sure, back in the day. Nowadays people rather do things their own way with heroes and doesnt want real players. Most people just form in gh in guild/ac either way

shop: I dont think anet should add collectors in the store,its collector for a reason,not the devs fault for you not getting CE when it was released its only those who are regretting to not have bought it when it was released, or those players began playing gw later and missed the CE perks. And it just makes me think you are only interested in the glowing hands and pets for factions and nf. I have CE for proph,factions and NF and I have the OST, the maps and a good looking box.

Besides, this is minimum 10years late, and it wont happen today, no campaign or any new mode. Only thing I really would want is what wow has,the vanilla servers so those who want can go back and experience it how it was way back when. That is something people would come back to gw to play.

But Blizzard is able fund this by demanding subscription and wow is pretty popular still and gw does not have monthly subscription so they wouldnt get any revenue back from it, they would have add a subscription or a web store for cosmetics/p2w which gw does not have. gw store do have cosmetics change and some dresses, but thats not what I mean. Aion has the web store and you can buy expensive things and resell them ing and I hate that and it would destroy gw if that came to gw.

• Ah well just throwing it out there, tbh in my opinion its the easiest development with biggest potential in drawling more attention to gw1 / bringing in new or returning players. If you check reddit or watch twitch streams, "ironman" mode is one of the most talked about topics for these types of players. Trying to stop bots/goldsellers/new titles wont really bring an influx of people imo. Actual "new" content I feel is way too big of an ask (and I feel ironman mode would actually bring in more people than like a missionpack).

I think you just don't get the point. They don't make near as much with a gw1 update than with a single cosmetic item in gw2 gemstore.

Why would they waste a dev's time considering he's worth anywhere between 25 to 80$ an hour, if not more, for the sake of a quality of life update on a game that brings little to no money in return

• What I meant by saying that coding is not that straightforward. and even the smallest changes takes time. It would be alot more than a few hours. I took 1 person like 7months to get gw players bigger inventory bags with zaishen. Even tho its just a mode, I dont think its its that simple waste a dev for a few hours.

I haven't worked for anet so I can't tell you how long it would take, but the guy who updated the game recently did it on his free time. I'm glad he has other things to do rather than updating an old game he's probably not even playing anymore lol

• I haven't worked for anet so I can't tell you how long it would take, but the guy who updated the game recently did it on his free time. I'm glad he has other things to do rather than updating an old game he's probably not even playing anymore lol

I havent worked with coding myself, but I have attempted to code with several languages and I struggled, ofcourse the devs know the coding language so they are proficient. I'm fully aware of that he did this on his sparetime. I want to emphasize on amount of time it takes for 1 person to implement the storage and inventory update.
    I totally agree with you here when quoting Macdaddy above.

This is just wishful thinking,but in reality I dont think anything else will happen in gw1 anymore.

• I havent worked with coding myself, but I have attempted to code with several languages and I struggled, ofcourse the devs know the coding language so they are proficient. I'm fully aware of that he did this on his sparetime. I want to emphasize on amount of time it takes for 1 person to implement the storage and inventory update.
    I totally agree with you here when quoting Macdaddy above.

This is just wishful thinking,but in reality I dont think anything else will happen in gw1 anymore.

If you need help with coding or anything IT related feel free to drop me a dm.

I'd say there are some great tutorials over the internet but if you're just attempting without having the basic knowledge you won't go far without struggling. As a starter you should read about the basic of loops if you're working with anything other than python, vectorization if you work with python. Also read about time complexity since it's better to start with the good programming basis. If you don't understand anything about time complexity, just leave it aside but it will come handy if you want to build an app on your own at some point !

And perhaps begin with an easy to learn language such as JAVA or Python. Leave C,C#,C++, php aside.

• If you need help with coding or anything IT related feel free to drop me a dm.

I'd say there are some great tutorials over the internet but if you're just attempting without having the basic knowledge you won't go far without struggling. As a starter you should read about the basic of loops if you're working with anything other than python, vectorization if you work with python. Also read about time complexity since it's better to start with the good programming basis. If you don't understand anything about time complexity, just leave it aside but it will come handy if you want to build an app on your own at some point !

And perhaps begin with an easy to learn language such as JAVA or Python. Leave C,C#,C++, php aside.

Thanks for the offer,but I tried 2years with programming on a University nearby where I live. I tried HTML and CSS which was really fun,Java,javascript,C#,some Linux programming,PHP programming for WordPress,C++. and SQL After some time I abandoned my Bachelor degree because I couldnt handle it. I tried to understand the basics and how build upon for programs with different line codes that does certain things. I had problems with the syntax for normal loop,foreach loops, variables. I never got the hang of it. I mean programmers professionaly dont have this problem,but everything takes time to program,even the miniscule things.

• [...]

Easy, make r12 kurz/lux count as max title when you get it towards kind of a big deal and Hall Of Monuments. But make r15 posible as an extra for a lot of people that likes to keep playing AB/FA/JQ/MQSC/Deep/Urgoz... that they are quite a lot. There would be even more fun games since people will be more motivated towards it. I dont see how it could harm the game, but make it more fun. Making 10Millions was hard in 2007, making 10M nowadays... its really easy (and if you have been playing 10 years i doubt you dont have it), not even comparable to getting any of the other max pvp ranks.

Global Looking For Group, wasnt that necessary back then when there was 5 district in temple of ages, 2 districts in XXX etc... nowadays that there are not that amount of population, but people still wanting to play would fit much more. You cant just go into one city and wait 3 hours to play something.

GW Vanilla, eeemmm... World of Warcraft have had 15 years of active game development, so there is much more things and some differences between the game we have today and Classic WoW. GW Pretty much stoped development in 2007. The game is already vanilla and could be promoted as its already with some updates.

Shop collector edition codes. The game is 15 years old... do you prefer having people buying these stuff on Amazon, or giving that money to Arenanet via Shop? idk...

PD: And the new pvp mode i suggested is already done. (with unique maps and mechanics that you cant find in any other mode)

• Easy, make r12 kurz/lux count as max title when you get it towards kind of a big deal and Hall Of Monuments. But make r15 posible as an extra for a lot of people that likes to keep playing AB/FA/JQ/MQSC/Deep/Urgoz... that they are quite a lot. There would be even more fun games since people will be more motivated towards it. I dont see how it could harm the game, but make it more fun. Making 10Millions was hard in 2007, making 10M nowadays... its really easy (and if you have been playing 10 years i doubt you dont have it), not even comparable to getting any of the other max pvp ranks.

Global Looking For Group, wasnt that necessary back then when there was 5 district in temple of ages, 2 districts in XXX etc... nowadays that there are not that amount of population, but people still wanting to play would fit much more. You cant just go into one city and wait 3 hours to play something.

GW Vanilla, eeemmm... World of Warcraft have had 15 years of active game development, so there is much more things and some differences between the game we have today and Classic WoW. GW Pretty much stoped development in 2007. The game is already vanilla.

Shop collector edition codes. The game is 15 years old... do you prefer having people buying these stuff on Amazon, or giving that money to Arenanet via Shop? idk...

I guess you could just have a r12 to be max as it is now, I just dont see it, if they would increase the ranks, they would have to increase all other ranks as well.
    I agree when doing FFA runs in kurzick in 2007, I did this way back and it was really tedious, you can farm up to 700k faction on 1 day, I have farmed around 650k kurz faction in 1 day, so its alot more easier,but its still boring and tedious.

I know global lookup for group wasnt back then, and even now. I'm not talking about TOA, droks. I'm talking more about normal outposts and mission outpost.

Thats not really what vanilla is tho, just because gw stopped development as you say in 2007 doesnt make it vanilla. I'm thinking more of no stupid heros,no cons, usual team builds that worked in pve and pvp, like the tradional way of teams back then

I dont really care if you buy it or not buying it all. you can get them anyway you want. Funny how now after 15y some people really want that glow on their account,but cant. Instead they have to make a new account. That was your choice back and I dont think Anet should make it possible, it adds to the uniqueness and how awesome the proph CE is. If that wasnt in your priority when you started gw, thats your problem.

• I guess you could just have a r12 to be max as it is now, I just dont see it, if they would increase the ranks, they would have to increase all other ranks as well.

Theres a big difference between Kurz/Lux title and the rest of the pvp/account titles. It could take you 2 months to max this titles even if you start fresh, while the other titles could take you years of grinding and much more tedious that these ones (you can even max them by playing casually). And and i dont even care about what does count as max or not, okay people wanna have their r12 already as max, sure. But have something as a more long term goal to have an objective and more fun games.

If you tell me the game is still alive in 2035 and there is no new content, but people wanna keep playing and having goals... I wouldnt see whats the problem in updating the account titles that have become really easy to get or that most of the people have them. Even if they dont count as max, but just as an extra thing to do.

• Theres a big difference between Kurz/Lux title and the rest of the pvp/account titles. It could take you 2 months to max this titles even if you start fresh, while the other titles could take you years of grinding and much more tedious that these ones (you can even max them by playing casually). And and i dont even care about what does count as max or not, okay people wanna have their r12 already as max, sure. But have something as a more long term goal to have an objective and more fun games.

If you tell me the game is still alive in 2035 and there is no new content, but people wanna keep playing and having goals... I wouldnt see whats the problem in updating the account titles that have become really easy to get or that most of the people have them. Even if they dont count as max, but just as an extra thing to do.

I agree on the first paragraph,except the r12 to r15 part of it. You can still have goals to be able get kurz/lux to 100m,but the different is that it wont count towards anything. If they would add more ranks, they have to do it on all titles. if they were to increase the ranks on all titles, that would give alot more incentive to people to come back and title hunters would just continue to get to the max rank.
    I forgot to mention HoM earlier,but HoM is just stupid and only benefits GW2. I mean its basically e-peen museum that only people that are playing gw2 wants that 50/50.

You can still add and add kurz/lux faction to your title even if its r12, so it doesnt really matter now does it? As pleikki is doing,having like 40k chests,the title stopped at 10k,but he is still pushing beyond the title. Same goes for kurz/lux.

Haha yeah you guys are right, should just write to anet "dead game dont bother"

But this is just a discussion anyway, so it doesnt really matter what we say.
    Wouldnt this look good on party menu on your gw client:
    Normal Mode

Hard Mode

Ironman Mode

we should probably add Meta Mode aswell
    And oldschool Mode since we are getting started
    What about no elite skill mode.

Ironman mode,meta and olschool can be played normally by using the rules you set out and there vice vi doesnt need an a whole mode to implement something like 2% of players wants to start a trend. When the rest of veteran playerbase have been through this in the timeframe of 2005-2006

• I like this debate a lot tbh xD

Lets compare, you have FA, AB, MQSC, Urgoz, Deep, Challenges still active to play and alive at certain days. You can max this titles very fast, and already 90% of the people have them. And on the other hand you have titles like Codex which takes +6 years to get, and theres literally 0 real games. Something is not working here. I dont see why all the titles should be updated with no reason behind it. GvG its imposible to farm the title, unless you have 15 acc and manipulates the game hard and even if you do so youll need x50 times of kurz/lux. RA could take you years and years, how many ra r12 have you seen? 1, 2? and how many of those didnt got ban by a miracle because they farmed pts at dead hours with alts. HA would be the only other title that could be suggested to update, and its not even comparable the amount of ppl that has r12 kurz/lux to r15 ha.

On the other hand you could see the positive effects of having more amount of games and more competitive/fun games. Aswell as not forcing ppl that dont wanna grind the title for Koabd or hall of monuments.

And i mean, i understand your point of you can do your personal records. But seriously whos gonna do that? for something you cannot show to anyone. You could have 10M points or 500M points that no1 is gonna see the difference. I "was thinking on working on my personal kurz record of 20M", im at 19M atm, but i never work on this, i just play casually if the games tends to not be fun, which happens sometimes, i just stop, because there isnt much difference in winning, losing. Barely no1 is working anymore on the titles but just playing a few games for fun and they will soon switch to another game because theres no long term goal.

• I like this debate a lot tbh xD

Lets compare, you have FA, AB, MQSC, Urgoz, Deep, Challenges still active to play and alive at certain days. You can max this titles very fast, and already 90% of the people have them. And on the other hand you have titles like Codex which takes +6 years to get, and theres literally 0 real games. Something is not working here. I dont see why all the titles should be updated with no reason behind it. GvG its imposible to farm the title, unless you have 15 acc and manipulates the game hard. RA could take you years and years, how many ra r12 have you seen? 1, 2? and how many of those didnt got ban by a miracle because they farmed pts at dead hours with alts. HA would be the only other title that could be suggested to update, and its not even comparable the amount of ppl that has r12 kurz/lux to r15 ha.

On the other hand you could see the positive effects of having more amount of games and more competitive/fun games. Aswell as not forcing ppl that dont wanna grind the title for Koabd or hall of monuments.

And i mean, i understand your point of you can do your personal records. But seriously whos gonna do that? for something you cannot show to anyone. You could have 10M points or 500M points that no1 is gonna see the difference. I "was thinking on working on my personal kurz record of 20M", im at 19M atm, but i never work on this, i just play casually if the games tends to not be fun, which happens sometimes, i just stop, because there isnt much difference in winning, losing. Barely no1 is working anymore on the titles but just playing a few games for fun and they will soon switch to another game because theres no long term goal, in a game with no new content.

Well,pvp titles takes ages to complete ad HA title is the only one you can farm for fame.

The amount of jq,ab,fa,urgoz and deep is for fun and drops and a chance to get some rare items that exlusive to deep/urgoz and for faction. MTSC and MQSC is mainly for farming the faction points when is AB is not active, JQ gets boring real fast and FA event happens from time to time

I mean this its not really needed to do anything further, since you are doing a 20m goal, you can still casually do titles without farming it endlessly and increasing your total. I mean back in the day drok cave farming was the thing everyone was doing and you got a lot of XP from that, and people ended up with insane amount of xp to share with other players. Even if you dont get increased title rank,20m is still impressive and good on you working on it from time to time.

I would love a AB title tho, that would been nice to have.
    Adding more ranks on kurz/lux would just bore me to death, its 1 of the titles that I really dont like doing. so for me its better the way kurz/lux title is right now.
    You can show your total. We could add a new thread for showing the huge amount of kurz and lux points on gwl here that would give a competition for chest running,luxon,kurzick and other titles just for the funs

This game have been out for more or less 15years so people finding things to do in gw goes away with time. Thats understandable. No1 wants to farm kurz/lux points straight for 2years just to have a insane long term goal. I spent 7 months on doing Treasure hunter title and getting the title 10k chests was my end goal. I spent anything from 40min - 5hours each day and I dont want to through that again even if the title rank would be increased. That would probably kill any interest I have for the title.

• The thing is that you wouldnt need to be force to get those ranks if you dont like to play AB/FA. The same way i dont enjoy logging an alt and farming codex for 8 years, or afking in nine rings. So the key point its just making r12 count for max koabd and hall of monuments, and having the other as an extra. Have in mind there have been even people moving an AB map on fridays and having idk 24-48 people playing ab for fun, imagine if they updated the rank, or even make new brand FA/AB ranks, as a motivation. The other pvp ranks are already long term goals (if you want to get them).

In conclusion, give the people an objective to keep playing FA/AB apart from "fun" , so games keep happening with some kind of competition/fun. And stop losing players.