How to improve Chance Encounter Farm?

• Hi guys so I've been enjoyng farming OS items lately through chest runs and discovered the ministerial commendation farm that drops tons of OS aswell. My problem is that I feel like it tends to be inconsistent; dying at stairs while waiting for them to ball or sometimes failing to finish the first part of the farm (killing the few enemies at first). Is there any tips or advice that I can optimize my farm? Its kinda underwhelming that most of the time I fail to finish most of my attempts so any suggestions will be appreciated.

My Build:
    OgCjkmrMbS5imXfb0XaXNXEYsXA (D/Any)

Hero Build: 3 Mesmer E-Surge

IGN: Philippine Assassin
    GMT +8

• unknown.png

after ~5k+ items farmed on WoC i can say that for me this is the best bar to run. (it requires alcohol and a "make haste" on one of your henchman)

for me its best to not rely on enchantments there because the enemies got a monster skill that very heavily removes enches in a non predictable randomness.

this bar has a lot of regen(non ench) from 7th and 6th skill. u can remove all 4 secs one or more conditions. u can heal urself with 8th skill. u got a lot of Max Hp because of second and 7th skill.

u don't need to atack to get adrenaline. just use the Second skill two times and the 4th skill is active. Also Ranger has a nice armor set and u can skill the shield. ( i recommend a 10vs pierc or 10vs flames with a 60hp hex mod and same with a 30hp as second set)

edit. For heros i would get at least one ineptitude mesmer in because the melee enemies at start are super strong. so i include 1 anti melee focused mesmer on my team comb.

IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• Yeaa I can agree with you that its sooooo frustrating when the enchantments gets removed randomly, this almost made me do WoC on my warrior (good thing you showed a ranger variant)

Also I'm assuming I should use x5 Pyrebound Insignia on my armor set right or just Survivor would be fine?

And btw how do you usually deal with traps popping? Does it mean it took me long enough to spike them? (from time to time I always have the dilemma whether or not wait for the last stack of mobs to go down the stairs.)

(Noob question inc), speaking of dust thus I get blind, can I still hit them with Whirlwind Attack?

GMT +8

• https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Spring_of_Purity

And no, you can start to attack them no problem, they're stuck on you anyway.

As for regular traps, if you see too many rangers (especially with a derv) you can do 2 spikes, kill the first few groups and kill the last ones after, it slow down the run, but best having a longer run than die

Did the tips for dervish run and it made a huge difference in success every run, very much appreciated. now i'm interested to try ranger variant as the enchant remove still happens (WoC quests again pheeeew)

GMT +8

• I just did alot of runs just now using this build and it improved my runs significantly!

GMT +8

• A great bar with good use and effectiveness! :)

Only The " for great justice" - shout is really a "luxury"( if not to say not needed at all ^^) skill for WoC farm. To Ball up the enemies it takes at least 30 seconds ( 2x 15 second recast from ur third skil-Shout wich gains u adrenaline for your whirlwind)

Also the adraneline shout gives bonus HP. It's allways good to have it active.

I would replace "for great justice" - shout for an Tank skill personally ( heal, Regen or similar effect. I will survive maybe when u get heavy spiked as tool to out Regen the burning)

Or if u are not using an IMS from your hench ( fallback or MH) then you could insert an IMS instead.

Or basicly anything your think will improve ur runs/ what u crave the most. Double adraneline shouldn't be it, but if it is then great justice is ur pick ^^

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• Sometimes you don't have the time to cast 2 times your cry.

Because I don't know why, some rangers gonna trap and trap again after 10s or something.

If you can't spine this first group, it's game over.

So, for great justice is really good here when you are waiting on the first ball.

My other build have the signet in strength which give you HP without attacking. I'm not on my pc atm to put my other build, i' ll do later but imo, this version above is way better foe this farm.

Maybe it can be better, but I'm not farming anymore these days to try out some other stuff.

• Exactly thats the point ^^

normaly there should not be a first ball and a second ball. Just 1 big ball.

Maybe warrior in generell is not capable of sustaining so long and 2 Balls/spikes are needed.

but note that when sustain is the problem maybe adding more sustain can be the solution ^^ and For great justice doesnt provice any sustain. only adraneline wich u can get for free by attacking or with ur second shout and from taking dmg.

u could go lower on swordman ship to a 10 total ( 9+1 with runes) and get the tactics higher( as high as possbile) so you gain even more adrenaline from the shout then 3 strikes. u gain more HP from it and u heal more with the heal signet AND u can get one more skill in that is dedicated for healing/sustaining. Maybe with all that + right armor + right gear u can sustain to get to 1 big ball and 1 big spike.

i sadly can't try because i only got my sin and ranger WoC-Farm rdy :(

it is allways good to tinker around a little :) :thumbup:

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

• I'm gonna see.

Playing with my War who's my main char, sentinel armor and a shield +10vs fire.

I'm not taking so much damages but if they spamm traps, when dolyak is out you take so much damages after.

More sustain, maybe, maybe not, I know the war is not the ultimate char for this farm.

I'm trying to clear the quest with my Derv, and after the Derv it's gonna be my ranger I think.

I'm gonna try some new stuff with my war and ofc your tips are welcome, I had too many things to try but when a template is working, I don't want to improve more haha

• Interesting variations. Since there has already been a lot of discussions on builds, I use a variation as well, but my question is for curiosity, possibly debatable, but where do YOU stand on the stairs? :P

I personally landed on Bottom in the Middle. This allows the stragglers that pass but stand on the ground for a few seconds to catch the end of my blade.

I have had this discussion with other farmers and got a variety of answers so curious, share your location and reason if you don't mind.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• If u stand high or low on the stairs I think is not nearly as important as standing more to left or right.

Me personally I stand slightly ( half a character model to be exactly) to the left - left when u look upwards the stairs. You can also check my latest vod of stream where I did a 3 hour WoC farm :)

" Yalla_Braaa " on Twitch

Edit:the reason why is :

Most mobs come from the left part of the stairs so I focus more on not letting these slip ( where the" half char model"- step to the left comes to full use)

When u stand exact middle u will slip mobs on both left and right side. By choosing one side u will slip no or at least significantly less on the side where u are a little more on.

So right side as mobs and left side has more mobs.

That's why I focus on the left part to have more mobs to spike at the end. :)

But overall to have no mobs slipped at all is really really rare ( more rare then a q9 bladed to drop xD)

But I end up quite often with only maybe 4 mobs beeing slipped :thumbup:

• Sometimes a picture says more then 1000 words. So here a picture of what i mean by standing slightly left and that the MOBs really walk more left sided then right sided. also note that on the the Left side more Mobs are coming in total also.

So to sum all that up - standing slightly left will imrpove ur balls. ( not ur testicals but who knows 8o )

BIGGER BALLS = MORE DROPS = MORE CHANCE OF Q9 BLADED = MORE MOTIVATION = MORE FUN = MORE MONEY = MORE PROBLEMS 8) :thumbup:

unknown.png

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

• Sometimes a picture says more then 1000 words. So here a picture of what i mean by standing slightly left and that the MOBs really walk more left sided then right sided. also note that on the the Left side more Mobs are coming in total also.

So to sum all that up - standing slightly left will imrpove ur balls. ( not ur testicals but who knows 8o )

BIGGER BALLS = MORE DROPS = MORE CHANCE OF Q9 BLADED = MORE MOTIVATION = MORE FUN = MORE MONEY = MORE PROBLEMS 8) :thumbup:

unknown.png

Aha! I like how you went back to this thread after convincing me to farm it, which I am actually gonna try again now after giving up

Annnnd I need to grow bigger balls probably the reason why I die most of the times on the first part. :D

1 more left till favor and I'm gonna run this farm. Gonna need to look out for those clean values :cool:

GMT +8