Hardest And Easiest HM content

• Heyo!

Just to keep some gw related discussion going. What do you think is the hardest and easiest areas to VQ and why? The same goes for missions, which ones are the easiest and which - the hardest?

Also, what are you favorite areas to vq or missions to repeat? are there any?

Hardest VQ for me would be Varjar Fells (for the awful vaettir popups) or Lornars Pass simply because it takes a while to get there. Easiest, is probably Tahnnakai Temple, you can pretty much do the whole area in minutes.

As for missions, I kind of always liked everything Factions related - simple, straight forward, just do it. I might just go for Nahpui Quarter, simply because back in the day, it seemed to be the most painful mission of them all, and now it is awesome. Whenever someone is doing Nahpui from people I play with, i'm definitely game to go. The hardest I would think are the missions where you need some teamwork like Eternal Grove. Also bonus for Iron Mines is a pain if you are on a Hero party.

Anyway, looking forward hearing stuff from you guys!
    Im out!

• Hey,

Well I gave it some thought and this is what I came up with after a few minutes of pondering. :)

Easiest VQ:
    Bukdek Byway (with Chasing Zenmai and The Drunken Master quests active).
    Defeat a single foe.

Also for Canthan characters only:
    Zen Daijun (after completing An Unwelcome Guest).
    Charm an animal (I just aggro it, take a step to interrupt the skill, then kill it).

Hardest VQ:
    Eastern Frontier (assuming you didn't caravan with more than a party of 4).
    The Grawl monk-laced groups here can be very difficult to kill with a small party.

Easiest Mission:
    Augury Rock HM (all you need is Insidious Parasite, Pain Inverter, 12 Curses and +20e staff).
    Only takes about 10 - 15 seconds (less with a Mesmer or Necromancer, adding Dom points and Empathy).

Hardest Mission:
    Agree with Eternal Grove (Masters), but also Dasha Vestibule HM can be a pain too.

As for things I like to repeat, I always do these Zaishen quests when they come up in the rotation for easy Zcoins.

Zaishen Bounties:
    Arbor Earthcall
    Fenrir
    Mungri Magicbox

Zaishen Missions:
    Augury Rock
    Chahbek Village
    Grand Court of Sebelkeh
    Imperial Sanctum
    Ruins of Morah
    Unwaking Waters

Zaishen Vanquishes:
    Bukdek Byway
    Saoshang Trail
    Shadow's Passage
    Zen Daijun (Canthan Characters)

• Agree with Budek Byway being the easiest to vanq. I think the Hardest would probably be that area in the Desolation where you need to use a wurm to break down the tower to get to the last mobs, since if you kill everything without building adrenaline, you have to restart! xD Although Unwaking Waters and Arborstone are pretty challenging due to group density. I dont think I've done full Proph vanq (Since I got GWAMM with just Cantha and Elona done) so I cant really comment on those.

Agree with the missions.

I really enjoy Vanqing the Shiverpeaks. Its a really scenic environment and has some great encounters. I guess if I had to pick, Mineral Springs would be my favourite.

• I didn't really do much VQing, but I think in general I REALLY hate factions areas. I think it's just the fact that I have made so many factions characters and i'm extremely tired of dealing with the afflicted. I always had trouble hench-running stuff in factions against the afflicted.

Sup

• Official Post

Easiest VQ: Putting aside ones which are trivially easy like Zen Daijun for Factions characters, I'd say Witman's Folly. A combination of generally weak enemies (grawl) with other mobs (imps and shadows) that aren't powerful enough in the group size + context to be of any real threat.

Hardest VQ: Joko's Domain is tough because of the undead Paragon boss that can rez the team super quickly, plus wurms are just terrible to play in imo. 40AL in HM doesn't make for a good experience, especially against those Sandstorm Crags. A non glitched Tannakai Temple is really tough too.

Easiest Mission: Aside from Augury Rock and starter missions, perhaps Thirsty River? I've never had any difficulty with it whatsoever. Actually, Curse of the Nornbear.

Hardest Mission: I'm inclined to say Ring of Fire NM, assuming you don't have heroes or they aren't loaded with meta stuff. It's definitely harder than most HM stuff with a meta team. The front way into the base is a bit harder than it used to be due to updates, and the back way is significantly harder due to the Incendiary Arrows change. The big mobs of spiders will wreck caster balls incredibly quickly. Aside from that, Tahnnakai Temple is worth a mention for being atrociously designed - what you ought to do is take your time and pull carefully but because it's timed you have to be an idiot and rush in to get masters. Of course, most of the Factions missions are timed, but this was the only one with a really disproportionate time limit. Pushing people to go faster is fine if you take care to ensure you're teaching people to play better, but they didn't and people just learned how to be bad. Vizunah Square is another one. Ray of Judgement hurts a lot more (as does Mind Burn and probably some other skills) now given it's over time, plus Togo and Mhenlo love sitting in it. Eternal Grove for obvious reasons. Gyala Hatchery too if you want master's completion. From Nightfall, Gate of Madness is tough start to finish. Grand Court of Sebelkah probably warrants a mention due to being a noob trap, which is the reason it's my favourite of the campaign. Oh, Dzagonur Bastion too.

d78dd1d.jpg

• Hardest missions (for me)
    HM Eternal Grove
    HM Dzagonur Bastion

Aurora glade can be a pain when the bonus scout pops in the middle of white mantle and then re-start....
    Hardest VQ:
    Joko's Domain
    Tahnakai Temple with full enemy set

Also I tried VQ with titan HM quests on.... Quite a pain actually.

I would also like to add the hardest quest in game (for me):
    When Kappa's attack HM