• unfortenaly it's often like that during the event of christmas i suggest you to change district (eu,asia or international) you will have less lag than district america

• I'm having lag everywhere actually. I almost never have issues in game and my internet is perfect anywhere else, but it's bad enough I can't really do anything complicated in game. Also every character that is in kamadan is 100% off limits to me, I can't even log into them.

Assuming this lag doesn't clear up, you can still do the finale event in LA right?

IGN: Zurathustra Spoke

• I'm having lag everywhere actually. I almost never have issues in game and my internet is perfect anywhere else, but it's bad enough I can't really do anything complicated in game. Also every character that is in kamadan is 100% off limits to me, I can't even log into them.

Assuming this lag doesn't clear up, you can still do the finale event in LA right?

If you change to any district other than american on one of your characters that is not in kama, you can free your others that are stuck in there, since after they will appear in that other district as well. Had to save my main with this method earlier today ^^

IGN: I Sudi I

• Nightfall has always been a problem, allowing bugs and exploits that were not possible before its release. Particularly in terms of travel management between maps.

Even though most of them have been fixed with updates (some of which brought more bugs...), the maps in Kamadan are still "intertwined". The stress before release of Nightfall is still visible today on the Kamadan Winter Map. Did you ever notice the Halloween decoration on the Christmas map? (see attached image, we can see it at the tree without snow, the graves and the coffin). There are other examples outside events that demonstrate this (that's another story..).

It seems to me that since the update of the compiler, it has become like this at Christmas a Kamadan. This problem was not recurrent since the release of the game, it became so at some point.

It is sure that it comes from the Nightfall code, whether it influences the game entirely or partially, through the different servers to which the player is connected (friendly server, etc.).

• dr.stephen put answer on reddit and said this

Yes, this is a bug. Something in the Wintersday maps isn't cleaning itself up properly, and the map goes slower and slower and slower; and can affect other maps too. I've put in some configuration changes as a remediation, and it is helping.

I love your workaround! BTW, Eye of the North has been having similar issues.

link

I suspect the bots make it worse. I'm starting to suspect it has something to do with a lot of people loading into a map at once - probably a bug that has been there since before the game shipped.

2nd link

• HS

(I do not speak English and translated, it frustrates me a little I would write a post more complete and explanatory. If some words, expressions or thoughts don't seem right to you, it may be the translation or the meaning, please don't take me back for everything).

Dr. Stephen does not confirm anything in these posts, he suggests that, but does not confirm anything at 100%. I understand in any case that it observes the bots but does not ban them..

Now I'm going to be mean to Anet, you have been warned. I would add that this is not necessarily related to the topic being discussed here, but it goes to the basic idea of Anet's incompetence regarding the release of Nightfall, etc.

The implementation of the Nightfall code has created a lot of problems and generated map problems (guild hall bug, item duplication, Mallyx citadel).

You can search in the Guru archives, many topics dealing with this and especially the bugs reported by: Pablo40 that Anet do not correct, due to lack of capacity or inability to do so..

Basically the model, the code of Nightfall, was to be used for Utopia as well (it was planned a min. title per year at that time, for the future of the GW1 license). But considering the problems caused by the latter, its code, it's a failure in terms of maintenance.

For example the citadel of Mallyx and the possibility to beat Mallyx directly without doing the quests. Pablo find 2 ways to access the citadel, without third party software or other "hard" techniques. Gail says that her team can't reproduce the bug. As a result, the people who had access to the citadel are all banned, under the guise of: if you had access to this outpost, you did it on purpose and cheat.

What am I getting at with Hivernel today? Those who remain on the team, including Dr. Stephen, are touching a code that better be left as such. Not that I think they are incompetent, but if one day we re-duplicate objects between 2 fixes or bugs that suddenly appear, we should not be surprised.

I still insist that this was not present since the beginning of Nightfall. For me it's the NF code + the interventions on the code, majs these last years/times (compiler?).

@Dr Stephen ->

If it's bots you suspect, Dr. Stephen, please ban them instead of watching them stupidly.

Unless they also talk about bots present all year long? It seems that on the German side it is still possible to go to...

• i just add new answer of dr.stephen on reddit

(GW1 game servers are not shared with GW2. They are on completely different instances at Amazon. Maybe this rumor started because they do share the same login servers.)

Something in the Wintersday event causes huge CPU spikes; I reduced the number of players in each district to minimize the odds of this happening, but some change in behavior this morning has caused a lot of crazy high pings (whch equates to high CPU on the server). I don't remember this being so bad last year, but player behaviors change, and the game reacts in odd and interesting ways sometimes.

link

• What am I getting at with Hivernel today? Those who remain on the team, including Dr. Stephen, are touching a code that better be left as such.

Now that you mention this, I remember that many times when people asked about fixing or changing things, they said that they didn't want to touch it because many things in the game are hardcoded, being able to cause unexpected chain of events and creating two new problems for each one fixed.

• Now that you mention this, I remember that many times when people asked about fixing or changing things, they said that they didn't want to touch it because many things in the game are hardcoded, being able to cause unexpected chain of events and creating two new problems for each one fixed.

So I assumed. Going back to previous code and making changes can be challenging but I think this game deserves that bit of effort tbh. No other game like GW eh

• i just add another answer of dr.stephen

The "bug" (really the way it was coded) is that there is an n^2 algorithm - so the game slows down with the square of the number of "agents" active. Normally this doesn't matter because n is small because maps are divided up into internal zones that limit the number of active agents. But the Eye of the North is a one big round area so n grows quite large; even if a single instance of EotN was put onto the fastest possible AWS server the n^2 cost would still outgrow the speed of the server. So we'll need some other solution for next year. https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/co…5uj6/?context=3

• But the Eye of the North is a one big round area so n grows quite large

So on top of not being able to recover the bugged system/codes from NF, they did worse with EOTN? I'm not sure I'll wait until next year for new majs. (This was a message - semi ironic..)

Christmas 2022:

Anet: Ok people (noobs) don't go on EOTN during the events. We told you that!

Player1: Are you coming to do a dungeon or a snowball fight?

Player2: Are you stupid or what?

:)

Edit/note: For those who would have too much hope Stephen will not rewrite the code alone, will be the same or worse next year, we bet? But now, if GW lag on spc week double pts for EOTN, you now know why.

• Is it me or since a few days (see the end of the event) the regions of Kama US have all less players maximum (?) That's why they are more numerous and it is almost impossible to reach the region 1 (?) :/

Edit: I confirm! All regions have less players than before, below is the region 1 of Kamadan US. Almost half of what I saw before. (GJ Dr.Stephen :thumbup: )

• Is it me or since a few days (see the end of the event) the regions of Kama US have all less players maximum (?) That's why they are more numerous and it is almost impossible to reach the region 1 (?) :/

Edit: I confirm! All regions have less players than before, below is the region 1 of Kamadan US. Almost half of what I saw before. (GJ Dr.Stephen :thumbup: )

well i asked on reddit at dr.stephen if he could put back the same number of players in each region as they were before the event but never got an answer I don't know if a ticket can do anything?