Theoretical max number of drops from a single enemy

• Ok galaxy-brain gamers, help me out here.

This would have to take place during the anniversary event, and would (I think) be limited to bosses that can drop 3 greens at once.

So, any of green-dropping bosses in Grenth's Footprint or Sorrow's Furnace, the Darknesses in Tombs, or Vraxx The Condemned in CoF.

Drops would include:

• 3 non-green weapons
    • 3 green weapons
    • 1 experience scroll
    • 2 different passage scrolls (uw & fow)
    • Elite tome (anyone know if 2+ tomes are possible from a single boss?)
    • 3 50 point consumables (party beacon + delicious cake + battle isle iced tea)
    • 10 other birthday-related consumables (hard apple cider + hunter's ale + krytan brandy + bottle rocket + champagne popper + sparkler + cupcake + honeycomb + sugary blue drink + victory token)
    • Up to 2 creature-related trophies (icy lodestone + stone summit badge for Flint Fleshcleaver, as indicated by wiki. Don't honestly remember if he can drop both or not. All others would just have 1, I think?)
    • lockpicks (2 from one boss is confirmed, thinking 3 should be possible?)
    • Crafting material (thinking just bones from Vraxx, not sure about others?)
    • Diessa Chalice/Golden Rin Relic (from Vraxx, if he drops them? Not sure. Can you even get both from a single enemy?)

By this count I'm getting:

• 28 "lines" of possible drops from Vraxx, assuming he drops crafting materials + trophies (bones + undead bone maybe?) and chalice + relic.
    • If he doesn't drop chalices or relics, but does drop mats + trophy (or vice versa), then he'd be tied with Flint at 26 lines, assuming Flint drops both icy lodestones and summit badges.
    • If Flint doesn't drop both trophies, and Vraxx only drops 1 out of the list of chalice/relic/mats/trophy, then they're tied with all other 3-green bosses at 25 lines.

Thoughts? Anything I missed? What's the most any of you have seen at one time?

Here's a few screenshots to get us started.

A boss can drop experience scrolls and passage scrolls at the same time.

47070-pasted-from-clipboard-png.png

A boss can drop both passage scrolls at the same time.

47071-pasted-from-clipboard-png.png

A boss can drop multiple 50 point consumables at the same time.

47073-pasted-from-clipboard-png.png

A boss can drop multiple other birthday-related consumables at the same time, and not limited to one of a single category. (2 non-50s from alcohol in this screen)

47074-pasted-from-clipboard-png.png

A boss can drop multiple rares at the same time (and still drop greens).

46425-pasted-from-clipboard-png

Select bosses can drop up to 3 greens at the same time. (I actually don't have any screenshots of triple green drops besides those from Tombs, but it's hard to tell what's what because the Darknesses are all the same name.)

If we want to include the quantity of each individual drop, then bosses can also drop...

Up to 3 of a given trophy:

47076-pasted-from-clipboard-png.png

At least 2 (presumably up to 3?) lockpicks at the same time:

47075-pasted-from-clipboard-png.png

Anyone know if a boss can drop more than 1 elite tome at a time? Proof would be nice.

IGN: Vengeful Was Unholy
    Discord: Unholy2295
    WTB Pre-nerf Greens -> Information
    My WTB Thread

• interesting topic, yet I'd want to interfere on the logics applied:

a charr blade storm can drop a tower shield, a crude shield or a wooden buckler - yet he cannot drop a tower shield, a crude shield AND a wooden buckler. sure your categories are wider than "wooden buckler", but what clue would we have that the categories you specify would be the ones that are grouped concerning drops? maybe a boss can drop just 4items max and the pool he pulls from is greens, event items, passage scrolls, rares, grapes, blues, whites, exp scrolls, tomes, materials, rare materials, trophies, goldcoins...?

I haven't seen any screen showing a boss drop more than 4 things... so IF 28 were the actual max I'd presume we'd have seen at least one screen concerning the fact how odd ppl found the screens of a 4item drop and how they reacted.

also a boss can drop grapes, blues, whites, goldcoins, armorpieces, that are so far missing.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• a charr blade storm can drop a tower shield, a crude shield or a wooden buckler - yet he cannot drop a tower shield, a crude shield AND a wooden buckler.

But a charr blade storm isn't a boss. A boss could drop all 3 of those at once, couldn't it? Or are you thinking no because they're all the same weapon type? In that case we could maybe substitute weapons for armor pieces. I have screenshots (somewhere..gotta find em), of a boss dropping 3 of the same armor pieces at once (all 3 white from a jade boss, and another time with all 3 of them gold from a corsair boss).

As for grapes/blues/armors etc, I kinda just grouped them together under the "3 non-greens" bullet point, because I thiiink those are from the same "pool" in that category? And I ignored gold coins because they don't actually show up in the chat log as "X drops 123 gold coins."

As for the 4 item limit from bosses (which wiki also lists as the limit), I have this screenshot of a single Darkness dropping 5 items (all of them regular everyday/nonevent items). If you look closely, you can see the names of the other two Darknesses in the background, still alive. So these 5 are all from 1 of them.

True on the "probably would've seen a screenshot of it by now" point. But the upper limit of this, if it is possible, would be from a select few bosses, during what, 2 weeks out of the year, that people would then have to care enough about to actually screenshot and post somewhere. Maybe maybe, but def makes it a little more unlikely that we'd have seen it.

My WTB Thread

• nice one! haven't seen that (or at least I wouldn't remember). that'd be at least 5 items from a single boss then...

my point about the blade storm was that by selecting my categories I can find exemplary screens of the mob dropping the said max from the said category yet I'd not have any insight into wether or not that means he can drop all of what has been seen on two exemplary situations combined at same time. It is entirely up to how fine I name my categories. my point went in the direction that the proposed categories might actually not be distinct when it comes to drop generation but much rather are in one bigger pile.

you are thinking in the category 1. weapons, 2. greens, 3rd exp scrolls... and so on - do we have any hints that'd point that those are actually distinct categories concerning drop generation? I'd presume it were more like 1. weapons, greens, armor pieces, passage scrolls, tomes, ... maybe there'd be a 2. event items and 3. quest items.

and yes - 28 would only be for the 2week period, but leaving out event items that'd still be 15-16 on "regular" days if the reasoning were true.

another thing concerning the screen - that is for a 2 person party at least. we know there is a mechanic called loot scaling - might it be the limits change with the number of actual players in the party?

EDIT: seems I was not remembering:

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited once, last by Red Fireball (January 4, 2023 at 1:11 PM).

• Ohhh, I got you. About the categories then...idk. Hard to prove something can't happen.

But it does seem like greens and non-green items (weapons and armor) are in a (combined?) category separate from other things (Judging by my 2 greens + 2 non-greens + scroll and Crayon's 3 greens + 1 non-green + trophy). Both still at the 4 item limit (that maybe only applies to weapons/armor?) but dipping into another category. Would be nice to see if 5 items of just weapons/armor can happen. Say like 3 greens + 2 whites or whatever.

I remember him posting that screenshot...so lucky. Idr the last time I had a triple green drop from Sorrow's.

Maybe it's those two and then like a miscellaneous category for scrolls, trophies (like the enslavement stone in Crayon's screen), tomes, etc? I'm thinking this category would still be separate from festival drops though. Because like normally regular enemies can only drop 1 weapon/armor + a misc item like a lockpick or tome, right? But during the anniversary event I know they can drop multiple event items, pushing past their usual limit.

I hadn't thought of quest items. Good point. But I don't think any of the eligible bosses for this have any quest items do they? Guess you could try testing it on other bosses that do just to see what's what though. As for loot scaling, pretty much all of my screenshots above were done solo + 7 heroes, so they're at least full party. Whether or not human vs hero matters...idk.

My WTB Thread

• the comparison with regular mobs is quite matching - I guess we could figure which belongs to which category. and I have not seen a regular mob drop a trophy on top of a weapon - same for an exp scroll, tome, lockpick, mats or goldcoins. whereas I usually only farmed lately anymore where I kill many foes at once so I'd never be sure... maybe someone who regularly does vanqs could keep an eye out for those happening?

quest items come on top - at least on regular mobs, so I'd presume same for boss loot.

and human vs real player matters - since heros are concerned like regular players when it comes to loot distribution but the drops assigned to them never appear on chat or anywhere. hence you'd be better off flagging heros off compass before killing the boss (if you are capable to do just that singlehandedly)

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier