Guild Wars 3 confirmed to be in development

• Guild Wars 3 Confirmed To Be In Development, Though It Seems It's Still In Its Early Stages - Updated | MMORPG.com
    Guild Wars 3 came up in a recent shareholders meeting at NCSoft, with the company effectively announcing it's in development.
    www.mmorpg.com

I doubt this will have much effect on GW1 given how cheap it is for ArenaNet to keep the servers online, but it's interesting news nonetheless. I have to say though, I feel sorry for all the GW2 players who are about to go through what fans of the original game did back in 2007-2012.

• that confirmation alone can or will negatively affect GW2, despite anet's statement on being comitted to GW2.

Realistically, since all anet is known for is the GW franchise, the only two options for them are either just perpetual GW2 development or GW3.

A whole new game is really risky because the MMO market (and games market in general) today is not what it was when GW2 released, let alone in the future when GW3 would release. Everything is a 'live-service' game now, competing for players' time, GW2 had a difficult enough time over its lifespan.

An all new game would be so expensive, that if it flops, it's going to take out Anet and then GW is probably done too, no matter how cheap servers are.

Verdammter Choleriker lässt Folgendes fallen: Verfluchter Stab.

• https://www.mmorpg.com/news/guild-war…ated-2000130976

I doubt this will have much effect on GW1 given how cheap it is for ArenaNet to keep the servers online, but it's interesting news nonetheless. I have to say though, I feel sorry for all the GW2 players who are about to go through what fans of the original game did back in 2007-2012.

Good news. I hope they take learnings on why first game was such a fan favourite, why GW2 is a cash grab and can provide best of both worlds. I understand that NCsoft needs to earn money and keep shareholders happy. But I hope they listen to the player base that made the whole game possible - the bitter GW vets. Some of us will probably be retred by the time GW3 Is released.

Aand. I think Anet has done a great job of world building. in GW1 they expanded very horizontal, not going into to much depth, but providing quite a lot of content for the time. Now the new games can simply build up on it - Mursaat, Sunspears, Order of Whispers, Factions.. there is so much depth possible, that I think GW2 doesn't service well.

• Temporally speaking, i'm hoping for a "prequel" scenario. When the portals to the pantheons were opened, when Orr collapsed, etc.

As for the gameplay... If they've chosen to develop it, it's because the business plan can be aligned with the gameplay. The important thing to understand here is that, in terms of commercial priority, it will be aimed at the widest possible audience. Not nostalgic fans, even if the latter will not be forgotten.

• Temporally speaking, i'm hoping for a "prequel" scenario. When the portals to the pantheons were opened, when Orr collapsed, etc.

This. Be there before Orr collapses and find out exactly how it will happen.

More of the old world, when the Grawl roamed the world in the same way as humans, the Dwarves were in their prime and the Asura were deep down.

Alliance Battle does not determine who is right — only who is left.

• More important then the lore is that it is more GW'ish then GW2'ish

But since they allrdy took a game the people loved and made something new to try to make it better and failed so my hopes are low and my expectations way to high...

Since the decline in gaming quality from gw to gw2 Wich turned to a knock off wow the gw3 prediction is :

It's a Raid shadow legends mobile game knock off with lots of fun options you can buy with some fancy ingame currency 💱 fun fun fun... 🙄 Gw3 will only make a tiny bit of money and crush a lot of OG-GW players Dreams. Fool me once (gw2) shame on me. Fool me twice (Gw3) shame on you.

Biggest fear and it will come that way there will also be no clean values..

IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• More important then the lore is that it is more GW'ish then GW2'ish

But since they allrdy took a game the people loved and made something new to try to make it better and failed so my hopes are low and my expectations way to high...

everything i wanted gw2 to be, wasnt made, i miss so much the good old gw days, not that WoW type-game (that i play once every half a year lol)

i hope the OG style can come back, with a refreshed skins..

• So the only good news is that the GW series will live on and that they won't be closing down access to the first opus?

Even so, given the state of the game (a poor creature raped and trampled over and over again) i'm not even sure that's a good thing in the long term.

We'll be left with a few inconsolable dreamers.

(Note: with my 44 years, after almost 40 years of gaming and all that it implies, i don't think the quality can improve in video games in the next few years. At most, licenses will endure, for better or worse. The rest is all about making money, bleeding gamers dry, period. It's an optical illusion).