New Content for Guild Wars 1

• Hello Community,

I had today a thought, which still is in my mind and i want to share it with you and hear your opinion. During Corona Virus time many old childhood playables Like e.g. Pokemon Card and LEGO Toys got very expensive and are still super expensive.

The child from that days are now 30 years old and have Money.

When i am thinking of Guild Wars 1 its also one of the good old Things from the childhood and i am wondering. "Are the people willing to pay hundreds of €/$ for a bit of more Content in GW1, to have again the old Feeling from the childhood?"

When ist the Same Like with the old Toys then already just few people would BE enough to pay the Team for some small new Content Updates.

So the question is: what are people are ready to pay for very small Content.

Examples for new Content with less Work would BE:

1: PVP in pre-searing. Its already installed in the end Mission, so Just the Que hast to be installed. Just a bit of coding is neccesary.

2: New Hardmode: Higher Level, Armor for Chaos DMG, No consumables

3: Group size increase in all areas and lvl increase of enemies so that the endcontent IS increased to all Maps. (Specially tyria)

Last Question: How many people would be willing to buy NCSoft Stocks? Maybe Guild Wars 1 Players could buy enough Stocks to have a good argument that they will Work on Guild Wars 1.

• I would pay serious money for new content (not for skins). I figure a lot of folks on this forum would. But I also figure we're a relatively small group and thus not very interesting for Anet to develop new content for.

I have high hopes for the 20th anniversary though..

• the dev very recently stated that the game is in maintenance mode and will not get new content.

I'd kinda like to see GW beyond finished, but other than that I'd prefer they leave the game alone regarding new content, since current-year-Anet is not OG-GW-Anet. I would however not mind if they fix (keep fixing) existing issues and maybe even some balancing, although the latter is most likely not going to happen.

Some anniversary additions every 5 years is fine with me

Verdammter Choleriker lässt Folgendes fallen: Verfluchter Stab.

• I personally don't think it will ever happen just via the financial/time commitment cost & recent Dev update, and that you are vastly underestimated these being 'small' updates. But regardless of that, I'm interested for for your thoughts on these! Not trying to hate and am genuinely curious.

1: PVP in pre-searing. Its already installed in the end Mission, so Just the Que has to be installed. Just a bit of coding is necessary.

- How would you balance against people who have glitched GH items? Or /bonus items? Any level ranges can queue against each other or has to be broken down (such as 1-10, 11-15 etc).

- Botters...

Last Question: How many people would be willing to buy NCSoft Stocks? Maybe Guild Wars 1 Players could buy enough Stocks to have a good argument that they will Work on Guild Wars 1.

• How much do you think would be enough? Let's use GW1 players owning just 1% of their outstanding stock (20,307,439 shares) as of April 2024 from what I could find.
      • 1% of 20,307,439 = 203,074 [rounding]. 203,074 x MKT Price [approx. $124.10] = $25,201,483 USD. And that doesn't factor in logistics or tax implications (at least for American investors) as NCsoft doesn't have an ADR.

Edited 2 times, last by Drystan4 (April 23, 2024 at 11:09 PM).

• It'll never happen, buuuut.... PRESEARING HARDMODE!

Parties of 2x lvl 20s vs the Northlands! (And other areas obviously.)

(Lvl changes same as HM in post)

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• Drystan4 When you leav the pre-searing and if enough ppl. try to leav it at the same time you are entering automatically the PVP area. There is an arena and 4vs4 pvp installed. They just have to make a queue. Maybe this is also possible just by an NPC not even an outpost.

Then you could make it for lvl 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20. That would be really something! Limited skills pvp would be very nice. A heal monk in this arena would be super fun!

With the stocks you are right thats probably not possible, BUT when you have stocks you can go to the yearly company event. There it is the question how much you can do....

The other idea from Looney with a pre-searing HM would be super cool!! With purple drops in every map. New titles for VQ in pre :D
    In general everyone loves pre. They could just make a small addon for the pre for 100$ and everyone would buy it. :D

Are there any informations that they will do an update 2025?

• No information. It's isn't even sure if they do anything at all. Odds are that they aren't. It's a community wish though

• Are there any informations that they will do an update 2025?

No information. It's isn't even sure if they do anything at all. Odds are that they aren't. It's a community wish though

I would guess it is not unlikely to get a 20th anniversary update, since they did updates for 10th and 15th.

Verdammter Choleriker lässt Folgendes fallen: Verfluchter Stab.