Game Update: September 8 2016

• Fixed a bug in creature AI that could cause creatures to stop using skills.
    • "Change Mailing Address" on the account management menu now redirects to the Customer Support website.
    • Requesting to trade with a player is now subject to spam limitations similar to chat; if a player spams trade requests, they will be temporarily unable to make requests. The current limit is 5 trade requests per 30 seconds.
    • Corrected a Message of the Day time for the Anniversary celebration.
    • Fixed a crash bug.

For those unaware of what the first update is referring to, see this reddit thread.

• I also had no clue about this, but I'm glad it's fixed - properly this time.
    This proves that ArenaNet still cares about us, even though it's probably only 1 person (I'd put my money on Joe Kimmes), who has been a bit more active on the wiki a few weeks ago.

I'm glad that they did this :).

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• honestly surprised they came out and fixed the actual AI.

When the bug first came out (Barathbug), they quickly patched it by adding a delay to minipet usage and ghost in the box usage. This impacted the meta a good bit, as eoe bombing with ghosts was no longer a thing.

The bug was fixed, but it was later realized that if you used any item and picked it up/dropped over and over, you'd get the same effect. However this was kept under the wraps for a bit.

Eventually it became aware that the bug still exists, but it was much harder to use. Its possibilities did decrease because of the characters limitations on dropping/picking up and moving or casting skills.

People slowly realized that it is OP and it should not be used for any gwscr.com record. (due to it being used mainly with 3rd party tools that dropped it over and over)

However some things did come out of the bug worth notice.

The worlds first solo underworld post dhuum happened by Kaspar:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This was when the original bug still existed.

And of course my solo underworld with coins: http://gwscr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1664

What surprised me the most of this update was that they actually fixed the AI issue. At first they just added a hotfix to the actual items used, making the community think they couldn't fix it. Even when coin drop came out, they could've just added a delay on dropping items. But they never did. Even after a year, they never touched it or even mentioned it. I was under the assumption the bug was WIDELY known, but I guess not. This update came out of nowhere and honestly I am impressed that they were able to fix it.

For those who wanted to know what the bug did:
    Prevented most skills from casting (skeles in UW never used their skills, but aatxes would still use riposte)
    Allowed mobs who are settled on the player to be pulled further than normal (key part in allowing solo uw to be more achievable)
    Mobs would not swap targets once settled on you (huge potential here, see this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    , the reaper has aggro but they never cast on him until i stop using coins)

I just wish they'd remove the cooldown on ghost in the boxes now