Arm Challenge #1: Best Screenshots (NEW Price pot: 40a!)

• UDfy2q3.jpg

As stated, I'm holding my first of many competitions here on Legacy. This one is simple:

Goodluck everyone! ^^

Please encourage players outside of Legacy to join in :)

If there are enough contributions I might increase the total number of Armbraces.

If you want to donate to the prize pot, you're welcome to do so.

Numbers picked:

(Jayson, Peter Crypt, liyetong and Magamdy randomly assigned)

1 Mari 2 Cranberrie 3 Doomfrost
    3 marine4life
    4 Fomar0153
    5 Vinto Gante 7 Ash Unleashed 8 Cadara 9 Cranberrie
    10 bsoltan 11 smexyseniletrader 12 Kon
    12 marine4life
    13 Ash Unleashed
    13 From The Blackness
    14 Hobbes203 15 vinci6k
    15 tinypenguin
    16 Warikayu 17 Kalim Do Udren
    17 Dracomane
    19 Fischauge 20 Mari 21 Hobbes203 22 Kon
    23 MornJack 24 Peter Crypt 26 Magamdy 27 Vinnicombe
    28 Sacrifice Shadow 29 Kalim Do Udren 30 bsoltan 31 BlueLevin86
    32 Doomfrost 33 MornJack 34 Warikayu 36 liyetong
    37 Kon 39 From The Blackness 40 bsoltan 42 Fomar0153
    42 Weiler
    44 smexyseniletrader
    44 Cadara
    46 Dracomane 47 Sacrifice Shadow 49 Pinzi
    50 Mari
    50 Waldrian
    51 Pinzi 53 Magamdy 55 Saxazax
    57 Fischauge 58 Vinnicombe 59 Warikayu 61 BlueLevin86
    62 Dracomane 63 Vinto Gante 66 Hobbes203 67 tinypenguin
    69 smexyseniletrader
    69 marine4life
    69 Cadara
    71 Waldrian 72 Weiler 73 Mara
    75 Vinnicombe 76 MornJack 77 Fischauge 80 Weiler
    81 From The Blackness 83 Kalim Do Udren 84 tinypenguin 88 Jayson
    89 Fomar0153 90 Doomfrost 91 BlueLevin86 93 Magamdy
    94 Vinto Gante 96 liyetong 99 Ash Unleashed 100 Cranberrie

Edited 31 times, last by Lexx ().

• Post by Lexx ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: Obsolete ().
  • Awesome, I’ll be sure to participate if I may :) I just don’t understand why you have these great creative tasks when you’re going to distribute the prizes randomly. I’d suggest you split the prize pool, distribute 15 armbraces among three people you think have the best contributions (maybe one best contribution in each category) and then randomly give away the rest of the armbraces. I think this would encourage people to really try hard and come up with some awesome screenshots and ideas, while all still have a chance to win regardless of their creativity. I’d also like to hear whether the other competitors would support this idea or not.

• Yes, it's certainly a possibility. This is my first event and I wanted it to remain unbiased. For judging the best talent I would prefer to have a panel of judges and that would complicate things. But there will be more events after this one, I have at least 50a more dedicated for contests and events.

I might even get some started before this one has ended, which is why I also wanted to hear great even ideas in this topic, next one will be something creative as well but where I will try base the prize on creativeness.

Edit: If a few more requests a divide then I will work something out. Probably 10-15a to the best screenshots. Non-participating Legacy members will then be welcome to help me judge ;) Rest will be divided randomly using /roll.

Edited once, last by Lexx ().

• 16 numbers picked, there are 84 more numbers!

And even then it's fine to pick same numbers as others, but then you'll share the prize :D

1 Mari 7 Ash Unleashed 13 Ash Unleashed 14 Hobbes203 20 Mari
    21 Hobbes203 27 Vinnicombe 49 Pinzi 50 Mari 51 Pinzi
    55 Saxazax 58 Vinnicombe 66 Hobbes203 75 Vinnicombe 88 Jayson
    99 Ash Unleashed        
  • I'd say dividing them amongst best contributions and splitting randomly would be an excellent way to share out the prizes to the community. I understand this makes it a little more time consuming (selecting winners etc) but would be a more fair and motivating method.

Hope I can find some time to get online and participate in this competition!

• Well, then I have an announcement to make!

The good news:

• Lexx

Changed the title of the thread from “Arm Challenge #1: Best Screenshots (Price pot: 25a)” to “Arm Challenge #1: Best Screenshots (NEW Price pot: 40a!)”.
  • 1. No, I won't tell where it is. DO THE RESEARCH! (taken on a laptop, so rip resolution)

2a.

I suck at haikus

I need something from Guild Wars

Shiro Tagachi

2b. Some serious lore trivia with actually interesting and in-depth questions, instead of asking about very simple things, like what is the name of the tengu that aids Togo in "Tengu Accords". Questions going deep, that require actual knowlege of the lore instead of plain information given to us during a campaign playthrough and fast writing skills. You are probably going to ask about an example, so for instance: What was the first (named) building created by humans? or To whom belonged the ships that are now scattered around the Crystal Desert?

69, 44, 11

• The Bone Palace

Haiku (GW2 Spoiler)

Contest Idea

How about you have to defeat a challenge without using any of the skills you find on the pvx wiki (applies to heroes as well). E.g. hard mode Shiro, probably best to require a video of the run.

Numbers

4, 42, 89

• Grothamr War Downs

pg1kdzd.png

Haiku

Contest idea

Worst dye & Armour combinations

A contest to decide who can make their character look the most ridiculous using only dye and Armour. We could have an official judge and post high res screen shots.

RNG 17,46,62

Edited once, last by Dracomane ().

• Post by Peter Crypt ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().