Chest Run: Factions - The Undercity - NM & HM

• Hi all,

For those who don't know me, I am a full time Chestrunner as well as large variety collector. I enjoy chestrunning in NM for Q8 Foci, Shields, and Swords as well as HM for a variety of skins. I have been contacted by a variety of players seeking information about different chestrunning options. Since I have a large rotation, I decided to put together some info on my runs to share with the community. I also collect data on my chest drops to analyze trends and have a data set that will provide me insight on things such as % of weapon types that drop, Q8 chances, and different skins per map. I will include some of that data in with my posts. If these show to have an interest, I will continue to document other runs in the same fashion.

I want to stress that this is only intended to be a guide. There are multiple paths to take and builds to use per run. There is no right or wrong path or build. Feel free to choose to take a different path as you learn more about the specific run, be aware that chest spawn locations may change depending on your starting point or path. If you think my run is too long, shorten it to your liking. Sometimes it is more about chests per min than how long the entire run can take.

I hope you find value in this info and enjoy the art of chest running if you don't already.

Agent Chevy | AKA "Chevy"

Post Last Updated 6/4/2019
    Update Reason Updated for both NM and HM
    Campaign Factions
    Run Location The Undercity
    Starting Point Vizunah Square (Local Quarter)
    Mode Normal or Hard
    Average time (can vary based on skills and pcons) 6-7 minutes
    Full or Partial Map Run Full
    Chest Type Canthan Chest
    Number of Chests 4 to 5
    Q8 Focus, Shield, and Sword Possible? Yes (Normal Mode only)
    Examples of targeted drops (not all inclusive) Plagueborns, Celestials, Kappa Shields, and Normal Mode only: Q8 Focus, Shield, and Sword
    Oldschool or Inscripted Items Oldschool
    Consumable (Optional/ Not required) Birthday Cupcake
    Chevy's Build Template OwZSg4PTSf6MHQLiIQ0k3lNQ
    Run Tips/Notes Must be a Canthan born character to start here or you need to be in party with a Canthan Character for "Mayhem in the market" to get there.

Having the quest "The Challenge" active will decrease the Plagueborn mobs (but not impacting chests) to make it easier to run.

Running a partial or full run is option. Some players will only run the portions with Plagueborn and Kappa and Restart

Factions-The-Undercity.jpg

My current data sample:

Normal Mode:

The-Undercity-Weapon-Ratio3-NM.jpg

Hard Mode:

The-Undercity-Weapon-Ratio3-HM.jpg

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

Edited 5 times, last by Agent Chevy (June 4, 2019 at 9:16 PM).

• Nice, but Faction can drop spear and scythe?

LOL Good Catch, looks like I did a NF run in the middle of doing some undercity and logged under the wrong location. I will update. Thank you!

Edited: Update made, I also ran 40 more chests here since I posted this and got another Q8, pretty good Q8 ratio at this location (5/553)

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

Edited 2 times, last by Agent Chevy (February 1, 2019 at 5:20 PM).

• Hmm, you dont need to be canthan char, my chars arent and i run there (slight different route of course!) you just need to be in party with someone for "Mayhem in the market" to get local quarter outpost!

That quest is new tip for me! i will try it out, you sure it doesnt effect chests?

• Good point, I wasn't thinking about the ability to get there through another party, I will update that with a note.

Of course you run another route, you always share that ;), neither is right or wrong, this is why all my posts say:

"I want to stress that this is only intended to be a guide. There are multiple paths to take and builds to use per run. There is no right or wrong path or build. Feel free to choose to take a different path as you learn more about the specific run, be aware that chest spawn locations may change depending on your starting point or path. If you think my run is too long, shorten it to your liking. Sometimes it is more about chests per min than how long the entire run can take." :P

The quest doesn't impact the chests, it removes one of the groups that is close to the portal where a chest wouldn't spawn and thins out the rest. I learned this trick from someone who was only running to the Kappa to farm them, this creates less Afflicted to run through.

• you could just say that you need to have access to the local quarter of Viznuah square since most of my characters have access to it without having to have had to accompany another character (and yes, tyrian and elonian) to get there.

Agreed, I also don't want to lose the tip of which quest would get them there so I changed it to "Need access to Vizunah Square (Local Quarter) - Either a Canthan born character or be in a party for quest "Mayhem in the market" to get there."

• Agent Chevy June 4, 2019 at 9:17 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Chest Run: Factions - The Undercity - NM” to “Chest Run: Factions - The Undercity - NM & HM”.
  • Updated to include HM stats. Same path can apply to HM.

• Hey there Chevy,

Just wanted to thank you for that chest run, it's quite a nice one.

I just changed to build to fit my own liking if anyone's ever curious about it :

Code : OwZSg4PTSfHQ6Mrg4O0k3lTQ (sorry, the gwbb isn't working)

Maybe i'll see you in the outpost :D

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Builds can definitely be a personal preference, I always encourage to make them based on your own running style, etc. Thanks for sharing yours!

• By the way, do you have some sort of external program that logs everything you loot to do your stats ? I'm quite interested in it !

I don't, just like my drops, I am very oldschool hehe. I don't log my drops any more but when I did for a year, it was all manual, which in return I got burnt out on doing it after 10k chests.

I am sure others use an automated process. For example, there is one botter (no names mentioned but can easily be located on here) that likes to post their stats on the 50k chests they opened in a very short period of time, I am pretty sure they are not manually writing down all of their drops. ;)

• By the way, do you have some sort of external program that logs everything you loot to do your stats ? I'm quite interested in it !

Trust me you are not the first one to ask, many people in the chest running and OS farming community have been interested in something similar.

Recently an amateur tool has been developed that can "scan" your inventory and create an excel spreadsheet listing all the weapons in it. This tool can log everything, item name, req, rarity, mods and mod order, gold value and more.

It has been used to gather more information on the inner working on the game, having a better idea of the drop table for some chest run or some farm, knowing the % of chance to get a specific weapon mod and so on.

Feel free to PM me for more informations.

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)