• Yeah...

So basically I reset my password back in March but stupid me forgot to write it down and it's all but forgotten now. I did play GW2 briefly with my GW1 HoM hooked up to it, but I can't find the serial code anywhere, which you need for password reset.

I submitted a support ticket, but I truly cannot find any information to speed up the process.

You need a GW2 serial and not GW1 right?

Thanks everyone! :)

• Yeah...

So basically I reset my password back in March but stupid me forgot to write it down and it's all but forgotten now. I did play GW2 briefly with my GW1 HoM hooked up to it, but I can't find the serial code anywhere, which you need for password reset.

I submitted a support ticket, but I truly cannot find any information to speed up the process.

You need a GW2 serial and not GW1 right?

Thanks everyone! :)

Since the GW1 accounts are linked to GW2 accounts (which are now called ArenaNet accounts), you might be able to reset using this: https://account.arena.net/password-reset
    I don't know if you've tried that and that that asked for the password, but that would be the fastest way.

Password resets with GW2 on them will probably go a bit faster I guess.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Bumping this since I got the itch to play again lol

Basically, back when GW2 was first coming out, I bought the $80 edition at Gamestop and ended up playing it like once.

Since then, obviously the receipt is gone and a serial code is needed to reset the password, so I'm unsure of what to do.

I have my old Nightfall + Collector's edition of GW1 (cases), but the booklets are unfortunately gone so I have no real serials to work with.

Any suggestions?

• Just talk to support and see what happens. Apparently they're extremely generous nowadays - I've heard stories of people freely telling support they were banned for botting and then getting unbanned. If you can somehow give a reasonable indication that the account is yours you should be able to get it back. Do you remember the information you used to make the account, like real name or address or something? That should do it even without the codes.

• Thanks for the reply!

I ended up opening a ticket last night and gave them all of the details I could remember:

Said I had access to original email (which I do)
    Character names
    Old passwords
    etc

So hopefully that will be enough :)
    Thanks for the suggestion!