PC - Bow q7 14-25, good thing?

• Hi, i am not good for PC OS bows and wiki not help me.

On wiki:

- q7 = 14-25

- q8 = 14-27

- q9 = 15-28

But, q8 exist with 15-28 too. Now, on 2019, drop q7 14-25 is a good thing or merchant?

Example->

• Official Post

I moved this to discussion because it’s not really a price check.

R8 bows with 15-28 damage haven’t dropped since 2006, and as such are Pre-Nerf. The wiki is correct, but doesn’t mention the way they used to drop in 2005.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

• q7 is definitely a req thats interesting for sc stuff i would assume, since you can get 3points in marksman and 4 from cons+pcons. not sure if the combination of shortbow and 15^-5e will get a very high price tho, since i dont do uw enough to know what terras want... if its any good it could be 50e+?

IGN: Joker Hates Trading

Feel free to message me ingame :)

• 14-25 is current max dmg for bows (as far as I know), however they used to drop as 14-27.

You can check out this thread for further info regarding gear stat ranges: GW gear stat ranges and Gallery - Rebirth

I do recall that I've seen a q7 15-27 bow back in the days, but I can't seem to find that screenshot anywhere so I can't value it as a legit statement, just my memory until proven otherwise :)

As for an actual use for it I reckon Joker is on the right track with speed clears, but apart from that I can't come up with an occasion where you'd want a bow like this, other than collecting it for whatever reasons you might have :)

• I think the responses has covered what my input would be (14-25 is current day max for Q7, Q8 15-28 exists but prenerf, Q7 14-27 pernerf bows do exist...)

I can see the benefits of it's use as Joker explained.

I am also one of a few collectors of max items for lower requirements so I know there is a collectable value as well. Generally Q7 14-25 15^50 can bring 30-50e depending on it's skin (I know some of you cringing saying "merch those", but some people collect things others don't).

Now on to the elephant in the room....Yes, this very interesting quote (yup, I am quoting you Coffee Man)…

I do recall that I've seen a q7 15-27 bow back in the days, but I can't seem to find that screenshot anywhere so I can't value it as a legit statement, just my memory until proven otherwise :)

I recently added a Q7 14-27 15^50 Celestial Longbow to my collection as a crossover between my Prenerf collection and current day Q7 14-25 bows.

With that being said...I would love to know more if the Q7 15-27 existed and if there are any screenshots out there? I am not looking to be a buyer cause I can understand this would be hard to part with, but just really curious on it's existence. So all of us oldschool folks, out to your historical screenshots we may have and let's share this beauty's existence......

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.